Embarrassing UConn "fans" | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Embarrassing UConn "fans"

Reaction Score
Sources? I’ve seen myriad mock drafts with him in the lottery or even top 10. I certainly think it’s possible he ends up in the range you mentioned, but you sound supremely confident and would like to know what’s driving your thinking
Saw it on ESPN yesterday. Said 18th.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Love Bouk, but he's not a lottery pick. Likely 15-18 in the draft. Only pointing this out for clarification. I'd never tell someone not to do what they want. It's his life to live. If he gets a good financial advisor and manages his money right, he's set for life regardless. No knocking that.
It honestly doesn’t matter if he is or isn’t. Him working hard and getting the second contract is key.

He has a very stereotypical game. Uber athletic undersized guard who needs to refine his offensive skills. There are like multiple players just like him every year in the draft, some get the second contract and succeed. Some fade away.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Here’s the thing, there are some people who are never so happy as when they are miserable, or trying to make others feel that way. We’ve got a small group of them right here on The Boneyard. Best thing to do is ignore them as much as possible.

I don’t know how Bouk is going to do in the NBA. I suspect pretty good though. The thing is he’s done enough in his college career that a bunch of guys who make their living at this to want to throw seven figures at him. Only a fool would walk away from that.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think in part there is a certain amount of frustration and that is contributing factor. But the guy made his decision. Good luck to him. He basically had a short but decent career. He will likely make a lot of money, though it remains to be seen if he will have a great career. There are those who say never make a decision just for the money. And I’ll also say it does bother me a bit that all these players now have their “ advisors” who in the old days were called hangers on. It is usually tough for a young guy to understand that many times the advice he gets is what is best for the advisor. For the player, not so much.
Hopefully it works out for him. He won’t be remembered as one of the all time greats. But a very good player. He could eventually become a very good NBA player.

Reaction Score
It honestly doesn’t matter if he is or isn’t. Him working hard and getting the second contract is key.

He has a very stereotypical game. Uber athletic undersized guard who needs to refine his offensive skills. There are like multiple players just like him every year in the draft, some get the second contract and succeed. Some fade away.
Agree with this. Even among lottery picks every year there are guys who go on to be stars, every day players, backups and guys who never really make it. As in every sport. That’s what happens when you draft as the NBA does on potential. Everyone is a future hall of famer on draft day.

Reaction Score
I have a job, and it's not as an NBA Draft Analyst.....

Normally at least five foreign players no one's ever heard of.

Why did you say he's 15-18th? Just felt like throwing out an arbitrary range? Parroting ESPN?

It's the lightest foreign draft in eons, by the way.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Entered this thread thinking it was going to be about that weird dude on twitter who wears a wrestling mask and calls himself "fire nuts" or some such nonsense.

Left thread disappointed.
you're a fool. that's the president.

Reaction Score
Love Bouk, but he's not a lottery pick. Likely 15-18 in the draft. Only pointing this out for clarification. I'd never tell someone not to do what they want. It's his life to live. If he gets a good financial advisor and manages his money right, he's set for life regardless. No knocking that.

Reaction Score
I have a job, and it's not as an NBA Draft Analyst.....

Normally at least five foreign players no one's ever heard of.
LOL. When's the last time you paid attention? 2002? Here's the number of "foreign players" who went in the lottery.

2006: 3

2007: 1

2008: 1

2009: 1

2010: 0^

2011: 4

2012: 0

2013: 0

2014: 1$

2015: 2ˇ

2016: 3+

2017: 2*

2018: 1

2019: 0

2020: 2

^ Aminu played two years at Wake

$ You can’t count Embiid

ˇ You can’t count Towns or Mudiay

+ I’m not giving you Sabonis because he played two years at Gonzaga and was well-known nor Thon Maker as he was well-known on the Canadian circuit

* I’m giving you Markkanen even though he played at Arizona

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Try reading the local news networks’ Facebook page.
Facebook is not the place to nit pick about normal people saying normal things. There are none on there.

Reaction Score
If Bouk were my son, I would advise him to declare. The $ will probably be there, and the risk of a career-ending injury next college season does not warrant waiting. Nonetheless, I do not believe he will be a lottery pick, and predict he will fall into the latter half (16+) of the first round. If I were an NBA general manager I'd be wary of his outside shooting, propensity to dribble into the "trees", body strength and defense. If the powers-to-be think he will fall into the second (non-guaranteed contracts) round, that changes everything.

All the more reasons why, if he's offered first round $ now...................take it.

FYI, I am NOT assessing this as a UConn fan, or graduate (1974). James must do what is in his best interest, not mine, or yours.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Entered this thread thinking it was going to be about that weird dude on twitter who wears a wrestling mask and calls himself "fire nuts" or some such nonsense.

Left thread disappointed.
Questionable if that’s more weird than a guy who would probably get a tattoo of some Arby’s™️ roast beef if given the chance.

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
Saw it on ESPN yesterday. Said 18th.

This isn’t meant to call you out or anything, just offering some other perspective. Below are two mock drafts via The Athletic (Bouk #9) and Sports Illustrated (Bouk #7). I follow the draft pretty religiously and there is no consensus after the top 5. It is absolutely possible that Bouk goes #18, but it’s just as possible he goes in the top 10.

2021 NBA Mock Draft 3.0: Evan Mobley moves up, Ziaire Williams falls, plus coach and scout breakdowns

Reaction Score
You wanna bet he goes top 14? I personally dont think hes physically ready for the league nor has his game developed enough but without question the kid is a big time talent.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom