Embarrassing UConn "fans" | The Boneyard

Embarrassing UConn "fans"

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
I know social media in general is a cesspool. But the general "fan" reaction in the comments of Bouk declaring for the draft on the UConn Huskies facebook page is beyond discouraging and NOT a good look for the fanbase:

"welcome to the D-league Bouknight. Big mistake. But good luck."

"Big mistake! Doesn't have the body for it IMO. Better bulk up or he'll get eaten alive. A long night in the draft room!"

"Not ready. His agent should have him have a couple LONG talks with fellow Husky Khalid El-Amin, about what playing in Ukraine is like, because that’s where he’ll be"

Granted, this is the general "UConn Huskies" account, so they're more casual fans and it's obvious that their knowledge and understanding of basketball is going to be lower than the basketball junkies here.

For the record... I and most rational posters here know Bouk's a lotto pick and that the move was the right one for him, despite the season not ending the way we wanted.
But I was still SHOCKED at how overwhelmingly negative the comments were. Really disheartening and not a good look.

Reaction Score
I know social media in general is a cesspool. But the general "fan" reaction in the comments of Bouk declaring for the draft on the UConn Huskies facebook page is beyond discouraging and NOT a good look for the fanbase:

"Big mistake! Doesn't have the body for it IMO. Better bulk up or he'll get eaten alive. A long night in the draft room!"

"Not ready. His agent should have him have a couple LONG talks with fellow Husky Khalid El-Amin, about what playing in Ukraine is like, because that’s where he’ll be"

Granted, this is the general "UConn Huskies" account, so they're more casual fans and it's obvious that their knowledge and understanding of basketball is going to be lower than the basketball junkies here. We know he's a lotto pick and that the move was the right one, despite the season not ending the way we wanted.
But I was still SHOCKED at how overwhelmingly negative the comments were. Really disheartening and not a good look.

The fan saying welcome to the d league when it’s named g league says all you need to know about the knowledge of the game they possess LOL

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
It is easy for people to make stupid remarks about ones decision when the only game they saw him play in was the NCAA tournament. Those people making those comments probably did not watch what he did for the team down the stretch last season or how he threw the team on his back before the injury.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
The comments are expected though, there are a handful of shooting guards just like him every year in the NBA Draft.

UConn fans get selfish once they taste the tournament - obviously some want him back to make a final four run.

Reaction Score
I try not to read social media comments too much because someone is ALWAYS going to have something negative to say. But still disappointing to see things like that.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

Granted, this is the general "UConn Huskies" account, so they're more casual fans and it's obvious that their knowledge and understanding of basketball is going to be lower than the basketball junkies here.

For the record... I and most rational posters here know Bouk's a lotto pick and that the move was the right one for him, despite the season not ending the way we wanted.

I’m sure not all are UConn fans

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
The words Casual Fan comes to mind.

Not a term I like to use often.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Most of those fans aren’t fans at all but trolls who just screw around. Doubt JB doesn’t even read the comments. Laughing al the way to the show!

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
I hope Bouknight takes his first check and turns it into coins to take video of himself Scrooge McDucking into the pool of money for all those haters.

Reaction Score
Love Bouk, but he's not a lottery pick. Likely 15-18 in the draft. Only pointing this out for clarification. I'd never tell someone not to do what they want. It's his life to live. If he gets a good financial advisor and manages his money right, he's set for life regardless. No knocking that.

Reaction Score
IMO. Calling them fans is giving them a status they don't deserve.

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
Love Bouk, but he's not a lottery pick. Likely 15-18 in the draft. Only pointing this out for clarification. I'd never tell someone not to do what they want. It's his life to live. If he gets a good financial advisor and manages his money right, he's set for life regardless. No knocking that.
Sources? I’ve seen myriad mock drafts with him in the lottery or even top 10. I certainly think it’s possible he ends up in the range you mentioned, but you sound supremely confident and would like to know what’s driving your thinking

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
I hope the best for the kid. Do I think he has amazing raw talent that can be fine tuned in the NBA? Yes. Should he not take a chance and jump on the train now to secure his money? Yes. Would an extra year in college been beneficial to him? Yes. Did he make the best financial decision for himself? Yes. Is he 100% mentally and physically ready for the NBA right now like some of our other greats were? No, but he can get there in time.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
The words Casual Fan comes to mind.

Not a term I like to use often.

giphy.gif

Reaction Score
Damn, that Khalid El-Amin comment got me. That's a nice change from the "Ray Allen and Rip Hamilton returned for the junior year and so should Bouk" line of thought though.

Reaction Score
My cousin also was extremely surprised he declared & didn’t think he was ready.
I think there is a disconnect with the older fans who may have disengaged from following the NBA surrounding what the NBA is looking for in prospects

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Entered this thread thinking it was going to be about that weird dude on twitter who wears a wrestling mask and calls himself "fire nuts" or some such nonsense.

Left thread disappointed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom