Embarrassing UConn "fans" | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Embarrassing UConn "fans"

conn4>cuse1

Zone Is For Cowards
Reaction Score
Entered this thread thinking it was going to be about that weird dude on twitter who wears a wrestling mask and calls himself "fire nuts" or some such nonsense.

Left thread disappointed.
He goes by many names. One of the greats. Commonly known as Mister (?)(?)

Reaction Score
These are the worst types of quotes though. So easy to make.

I mean, so, if you are right, so what? You are going to gloat about it? Great "fan"...

And if you are wrong, you won't come back to eat crow.
Screenshot 2021-04-03 12.10.18 PM.png

If this was true, he would not be listed as a top recruit.

Some of these "fans" do indeed suck.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Here’s the thing, there are some people who are never so happy as when they are miserable, or trying to make others feel that way.
This summarizes the comment section of any internet article perfectly.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Love Bouk, but he's not a lottery pick. Likely 15-18 in the draft. Only pointing this out for clarification. I'd never tell someone not to do what they want. It's his life to live. If he gets a good financial advisor and manages his money right, he's set for life regardless. No knocking that.
The feedback came back a lot higher than that. You’re entitled to your opinion though.

Reaction Score
The feedback came back a lot higher than that. You’re entitled to your opinion though.
Happy for Bouk and his family.

Hope he crushes it in the Draft and finds the perfect landing spot.

Time to turn the page and wish him well.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
I know social media in general is a cesspool. But the general "fan" reaction in the comments of Bouk declaring for the draft on the UConn Huskies facebook page is beyond discouraging and NOT a good look for the fanbase:

"welcome to the D-league Bouknight. Big mistake. But good luck."

"Big mistake! Doesn't have the body for it IMO. Better bulk up or he'll get eaten alive. A long night in the draft room!"

"Not ready. His agent should have him have a couple LONG talks with fellow Husky Khalid El-Amin, about what playing in Ukraine is like, because that’s where he’ll be"

Granted, this is the general "UConn Huskies" account, so they're more casual fans and it's obvious that their knowledge and understanding of basketball is going to be lower than the basketball junkies here.

For the record... I and most rational posters here know Bouk's a lotto pick and that the move was the right one for him, despite the season not ending the way we wanted.
But I was still SHOCKED at how overwhelmingly negative the comments were. Really disheartening and not a good look.

Yeah, those comments are petty and classless. It's fine to be disappointed with his decision and even disagree, but I think the right mindset is to be thankful for what he did for the program and to wish him well.

Reaction Score
Happy for Bouk and his family.

Hope he crushes it in the Draft and finds the perfect landing spot.

Time to turn the page and wish him well.
And I hope when the moon is in the 7th house and Jupiter aligns with Mars peace will guide the planets and and love will steer the stars, but most likely he will be a borderline lottery pick who goes to a mediocre team for a few years. Then we’ll see

Reaction Score
I talked to my dad maybe 10 minutes after I saw this thread, first thing he says
“So Bouknight is going to the D league next year?”
"D" League/"G" League.....it's all the same.....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom