Embarrassed | The Boneyard

Embarrassed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
never been so embarrassed than tonight. Yes the Larrier and AG injury are an excuse but we don't look like we belong anywhere near a power conference let alone sniffing the tournament. This will be a long season, and I hope I'm proved wrong because I'll happily eat my words.

Terrible year for Uconn men's athletics

Reaction Score
18-3 I was embarrassed but the kids showed heart and the refs did not help us either, though I don't blame. We were missing a lot seriously tonight, looked like a 30 point loss so
I can't predict anything but we'll watch them get experience and just see.

Reaction Score
Embarrassed I'm not and not sure why anyone could be. Tough start add the Larrier injury, TO's galore and missed FT's who would've thought they would be down 4 with 16 seconds left? Impressed is a better word, with their heart. Adams was crazy good 2nd half and Rodney, Vital, Vance all showed some heart as did others.

1-3 is no fun but if this team somehow walks out of this event at 3-3 it will be impressive and the 2nd half showed they may get that.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Embarrased? lost to what looks like a Sweet 16 team of upperclasmen by 8. It was ugly at times, but if we play that hard the rest of the year, we'll be just fine. Calm down.

Reaction Score
Have we had a game in 3 years where we haven't had a terrible start??? Is this KO,s coaching style? What comes to mind is Gonzaga and Maryland last year, and the piss poor start and then a furious second half. Coulda been interesting to see if we started that way with those games and got those wins how the season would have progressed then.

But that's not KO. He likes to start out slow and methodical. Not cutting it.

Reaction Score
I posted this before the end of the game so shame on me. I was proud of the way they finished but I would say 85% of the game did in fact have me embarrassed. It was a miserable showing but it did give me some hope especially JA's rebound from the first half.

Emotional post but as always I'll continue hope each game..

Reaction Score
Have we had a game in 3 years where we haven't had a terrible start??? Is this KO,s coaching style? What comes to mind is Gonzaga and Maryland last year, and the piss poor start and then a furious second half. Coulda been interesting to see if we started that way with those games and got those wins how the season would have progressed then.

But that's not KO. He likes to start out slow and methodical. Not cutting it.

Yeah that was him turning it over 14 times in the first half, 6 times in the first 5 minutes, then he tripped Larrier to injure his knee and missed all those lay ups and FT's - gotcha.;)

So in theory coming from you he was the best coach in the nation also then in the 2nd half right? Geezus

Reaction Score
I posted this before the end of the game so shame on me. I was proud of the way they finished but I would say 85% of the game did in fact have me embarrassed. It was a miserable showing but it did give me some hope especially JA's rebound from the first half.

Emotional post but as always I'll continue hope each game..

We've all been there, good reply to your reactionary post well done.

Reaction Score
Yeah that was him turning it over 14 times in the first half, 6 times in the first 5 minutes, then he tripped Larrier to injure his knee and missed all those lay ups and FT's - gotcha.;)

So in theory coming from you he was the best coach in the nation also then in the 2nd half right? Geezus
Even without the injuries it would have been a slow start. The amount of times over the last three years that we have had to come back from 10 or 15 before the 2nd half is atrocious and not UConn basketball.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
If we stop screwing up inbounds plays and make some free throws, this is a different game. I think we know which two things Ollie needs to practice on next week.

Reaction Score
I'm proud..growing pains will make this a tough team a year or so down the road. Jalen especially needed this. Now he knows he's definitely an alpha dog. No time for him to whine. Show up or get embarrassed and he showed up. Vance got some experience as did Enoch and Durham. This was bad but good.

Reaction Score

Even without the injuries it would have been a slow start. The amount of times over the last three years that we have had to come back from 10 or 15 before the 2nd half is atrocious and not UConn basketball.

But would it have been a slow start without the 14 turnovers?

Reaction Score
But would it have been a slow start without the 14 turnovers?
That's all coaching man. Calhoun would have take Adams out after 5 turnovers and had him sit the bench for the rest of the half. You wanna turn the ball over? You ride the bench. Teach the kid a lesson he won't forget.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
That's all coaching man. Calhoun would have take Adams out after 5 turnovers and had him sit the bench for the rest of the half. You wanna turn the ball over? You ride the bench. Teach the kid a lesson he won't forget.

Who do you put in at PG instead? I'm interested to hear your answer.

Reaction Score
Embarrassed I'm not and not sure why anyone could be. Tough start add the Larrier injury, TO's galore and missed FT's who would've thought they would be down 4 with 16 seconds left? Impressed is a better word, with their heart. Adams was crazy good 2nd half and Rodney, Vital, Vance all showed some heart as did others.

1-3 is no fun but if this team somehow walks out of this event at 3-3 it will be impressive and the 2nd half showed they may get that.
Unfortunately, best we can do is 2-3. Chaminade I'd D2 and does not count as a win or loss.

Reaction Score
So who should bring the ball up and run the offense...?

I'm Already laughing at your response...

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Watch what Calhoun did with Taliek his freshman year. Way different than what you are saying. They had no one else.

Reaction Score
I'm really just hoping that these previous few seasons aren't the start of a serious downturn for this program like UCLA or GTown. I know this year is rough due to the injuries and all the new players, but at some point we should at least have a kick ass regular season given the conference we play in.

Reaction Score
If we lose today we can call ourselves the worst d1 team in the nation and Ollie will have to do some soul searching

Reaction Score
our first half was filled with turnovers and poor play. we scored 64 points in the second half. 64 points in a half. this wasn't a slouch of a team we played. they shot well and defended well. if the team that came for the second half comes for the rest of the season...we're going to be just fine. especially when you add Larrier and Gilbert back into that mix.

Reaction Score
The front court is awful, total contributions of 12 of the 90 points for the 4-5s (KF, AB, JD, Enoch).

I thought Enoch and KF looked decent at times. The one AB call was bad, although he swung his arm down and hit the player.

Puts way too much pressure on perimeter players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom