OT: - Elway's long running QB strategy finally realized | The Boneyard

OT: Elway's long running QB strategy finally realized

Status
Not open for further replies.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
So, for whatever reason as a Pats fan, I always sorta liked the Broncos. Moved to CO a decade+ ago, and have followed with more interest. Seems like the idiot Elway has finally reached his goal of not having a single servicable quarterback.

Elway was a great QB. He is the worst exec ever, behind only everyone on the Cowboys executive team. And possibly the Jets. But this headline alone may put Elway narrowy in the lead. Not necessarily fair with COVID, but the man sucks at his job.

All Broncos QBs unavailable Sunday vs. Saints

But you can get a really good burger at his restaraunt at Denver airport for $18. So there's that.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So, for whatever reason as a Pats fan, I always sorta liked the Broncos. Moved to CO a decade+ ago, and have followed with more interest. Seems like the idiot Elway has finally reached his goal of not having a single servicable quarterback.

Elway was a great QB. He is the worst exec ever, behind only everyone on the Cowboys executive team. And possibly the Jets. But this headline alone may put Elway narrowy in the lead. Not fair, but the man suck at his job.

But you can get a really good burger at his restaraunt at Denver airport for $18. So there's that.

im a broncos fan, and all I can say is welcome back to QB purgatory pats fans.

Reaction Score
Live in Aurora. Not a Broncos fan. Elway still has his job because of his name. Has to go.

Reaction Score
Do we have to list the cadre of QBs under Elway's tenure? Elway is an absolute mess.

It’s bad, and for a while there it’s almost like he thought he could replicate the 2015 broncos. There is actually some good talent on the team, but a gaping hole at qb. Drew Lock is not passing the eye test at this point. His biggest miss was taking Bradley Chubb two spots ahead of Josh Allen...and Chubb is a stud. With all that said, drafting a qb is basically luck.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Elway was a great QB. He is the worst exec ever, behind only everyone on the Cowboys executive team. And possibly the Jets. But this headline alone may put Elway narrowy in the lead. Not necessarily fair with COVID, but the man sucks at his job.

Elway has become the Elgin Baylor of NFL execs.

Reaction Score
Is anyone else starting Hinton in fantasy? He has a WR tag and I feel like you could do a lot worse in 12+ team leagues at least as a flex.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
It’s bad, and for a while there it’s almost like he thought he could replicate the 2015 broncos. There is actually some good talent on the team, but a gaping hole at qb. Drew Lock is not passing the eye test at this point. His biggest miss was taking Bradley Chubb two spots ahead of Josh Allen...and Chubb is a stud. With all that said, drafting a qb is basically luck.
Chubb over Allen was a huge miss. Philip Lyndsay still makes them watchable IMHO.

Last edited:

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Im a Bears fan.
Me too. We've had 25+ years of lousy quarterbacking. While I feel your pain Bronco fans I'd put the Bears QB misery over that time span against any team in the league. AND our despised rivals to the North have had two of the greatest QB's of all time during our QB drought. AND did Elway give up prime draft picks to move up ONE spot in the draft to pick Mitch Trubisky?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Is anyone else starting Hinton in fantasy? He has a WR tag and I feel like you could do a lot worse in 12+ team leagues at least as a flex.
I picked him up off the wire and I’m thinking about it. I have John Brown who is out, Gurley who is out, and Julio Jones who is questionable. If you can get “baseline” QB scoring from him at a flex or WR3 it could pan out

QDOG5

Reaction Score
I just read about the coach and GM firings in Detroit. Fun fact - the Lions have won ONE playoff game since 1957.

Reaction Score
I just read about the coach and GM firings in Detroit. Fun fact - the Lions have won ONE playoff game since 1957.
It is a crime that Detroit and Chicago dont play every Thanksgiving home/home.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I wanted to watch the Broncos game to see what a mess it would be. Instead of football, Pittsburgh's Fox affiliate is showing bowling.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I wanted to watch the Broncos game to see what a mess it would be. Instead of football, Pittsburgh's Fox affiliate is showing bowling.

Safe bet that bowling will get better ratings in western PA than a Broncos/Saints game.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I've heard commentators in different games say "11 on 11 football" more times today than in all prior games in my lifetime combined.

Reaction Score
Broncos should have just forfeited at halftime to avoid injuries. There is no point in playing this game. The league bent over backward rescheduling other teams with covid outbreaks, including moving the broncos scheduled bye week so the patriots could get out of it with cam. They essentially practiced two straight weeks instead of getting a normal bye.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Broncos should have just forfeited at halftime to avoid injuries. There is no point in playing this game. The league bent over backward rescheduling other teams with covid outbreaks, including moving the broncos scheduled bye week so the patriots could get out of it with cam. They essentially practiced two straight weeks instead of getting a normal bye.
No game, no game day paycheck.

QDOG5

Reaction Score
I learned last night that the moment of handoff/not handoff during an RPO is called the mesh point. Everything gets a name.

Reaction Score
Former Washington QB, Shane Falco #16, is currently available and would make a good Replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom