Elmore/Patrick | The Boneyard

Elmore/Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Have to give these guys some love whether you want to or not. They actually have been fantastic recruiting tools for KO and the Huskies I think in the last 2 games, and certainly heralded our guards every time they had a chance.

Len and Patrick both talked about KO and his career and Elmore threw in "what kid wouldn't want to play for him and emulate his career?"………..and they also threw the AAC's guard play as the best in the country with Memphis and the Huskies leading the way.

So many more things but I know we like to rank on announcers but these guys were nothing short of good for UConn and the program for the last 2 games.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Definitely agree. Although there have been some didhereallyjustsaythat? moments during play, dudes have had nothing but good things to say about KO, our guards, AB's potential, and the program in general.

Reaction Score
I think since they've covered so many of our games they are starting to become fans. It seems like they are openly rooting for us at times. Also it's really hard not to like our players and coach KO.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Len turns the commentary to HIS history a bit too often for me, and Patrick seemed to get an emotional woody every time he did a promo for the Duke/Maryland game, but yesterday wasn't nearly as bad as it has been.

Reaction Score
Len turns the commentary to HIS history a bit too often for me, and Patrick seemed to get an emotional woody every time he did a promo for the Duke/Maryland game, but yesterday wasn't nearly as bad as it has been.

Part of Len Elmore's history is that he was heavily recruited by UConn and Dee Rowe back in the day. Jap Trimble (sp) who I believe also went to Maryland was recruited at the same time as Elmore.

Reaction Score
Have to give these guys some love whether you want to or not. They actually have been fantastic recruiting tools for KO and the Huskies I think in the last 2 games, and certainly heralded our guards every time they had a chance.

Len and Patrick both talked about KO and his career and Elmore threw in "what kid wouldn't want to play for him and emulate his career?"………..and they also threw the AAC's guard play as the best in the country with Memphis and the Huskies leading the way.

So many more things but I know we like to rank on announcers but these guys were nothing short of good for UConn and the program for the last 2 games.

Agree - Elmore gave, in essence, a great recruiting pitch for KO. I believe he said something like "I don't know who wouldn't want to play for him."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom