Elite Eight Thread (non UConn games) | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Elite Eight Thread (non UConn games)

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
NC State putting on a clinic on how to close a game. Attacking the rim off press break is WAY better than the pull it out and run clock disasters.

Someone should send the game film to Auriemma.

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
Had to share this photo. After the goal tending was reversed
IMG_9397.jpeg

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
How did the teams that beat Purdue do it? Hurley and coaches will have to see what they did. But, if we play them, how the game is called will be critical. I can certainly see Hurley picking up a T over one too many bad calls.
Purdue is 0-2 in OT, so that's one way.

Shut down Smith first. He averages 7.5 assists/game. Shut down Loyer next. Make it difficult to just dump into Edey. If Edey has position, let him shoot w/o fouling in first half. He'll still miss some. Just get the rebounds. Slamson will still get his slams, but Clingan might have more issues scoring inside, so he should look to dish first and keep the offense moving to wear out Purdue mentally as much as physically. We will have to do better from 3. Even 25% should do it.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Flip plays so small. Scheyer can’t develop players

If you really watch how these teams like Duke and UK run their offense, they really just run ball screens and let their guys make plays.

I have no clue how these guys think they’re getting properly prepared, but everyone’s got different tastes.

Reaction Score
Scheyer made the Final 8. He is not a complete incompetent.
I wrote “project confidence.” I didn’t write “complete incompetent.” Similarly, I would say that Underwood doesn’t game plan well. He is not a complete incompetent, either.

Reaction Score
Something about NC St.’s pluckiness makes me think they have a better chance of pulling it off on Purdue than that weak sauce Tenn brought today.
If they got lucky with a random final four, they could even be the favorites.

But the Big Boys survived. And these Boys are Bigger Than Usual.

Reaction Score
How soon do we get the Cooper Flag should reconsider thread?
He’ll be fine. He’s so good not even scheyer could ruin his stock. These other guys should be looking at other options though

Reactions: caw

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom