Elite 8 thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Elite 8 thread

Reaction Score
St Pete 1/11 from 3, UNC 4/12.

No chance to stay in it that way.

Reaction Score
I’ve talked myself into Carolina bouncing Duke out of the final 4 as the most satisfying ending to K’s career at this point. Should help me stomach the week long bukkake fest leading up to the game.

Nova also has a better chance of beating Carolina if they can get past Kansas

Reaction Score
Hubert Davis having a KO type run? Similar Dynamics
Seen it with Howard at Michigan too

Not taking a knock at Davis, but let’s see how he does with his own players. Didn’t work out so well for Ollie, unfortunately.

Reaction Score
Shaping up to be a blue blood + Nova Final Four.

With all the upset storylines and Cinderella in St Peters, the big boys will fight for the title.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
And they're also both top 10 offensively too. They play a fluid, modern offense. We play an archaic, slow moving, 2 big offense. It's terrible and boring

Yes

That’s why I keep saying the hs jv weave offense should be banned from the program…forever

Reaction Score
It’s not at all fair to say “took Calhoun 14 years to win.” Depends in what winning is because Sweet 26s and Elite 8s were numerous after the Dream Season until the first big one. Out in the round of 64 were few and far between.

Again depends on what winning means to a fan I know I would’ve been good with a win or 2 this year. At least a competitive performance in the 32, but just making it will get old fast. Not making it won’t cut it at all.

JC ruined us insofar as our patience. His first 14 years produced three Sweet 16s and three Elite 8s although they are interesting to deep dive on. Two of those Sweet 16s were total chokes and two of those Elite Eights I think we lose 10 out of 10 against UCLA and UNC. Khalid is what made us a champion. He's the most important recruit we've ever had.

With all that said, we've still got to give Hurley another year or two to put together a complete team. I'm not surprised in the least that we lost this year and that we were exposed as we were.

Reaction Score
Just announced on CBS - Justin Moore has a torn Achilles. Tough blow for that kid and for Villanova.

Reaction Score
Just announced on CBS - Justin Moore has a torn Achilles. Tough blow for Villanova.
Really hurts them next season too. Worst injury at the worst possible time

Reaction Score
I don't think Duke and UNC thinks 5 seconds about us, so I find it hard to care. It gives off the Providence little brother syndrome.

Reaction Score
That Malek, for UNC, is killing St. Peter....inside, outside, rebounding...a tuff draw.

Reaction Score
Plus UNC hasn't completely become a one and done school. So many reasons to hate Duke more.

Reaction Score
We have basically zero history with UNC. I can guarantee you that older Duke fans hate us though for what we did to them in 99 and 04.
Maybe. As much as we hate Mich St for 09? Calhoun isn't even here anymore. We are so far removed from that, I sincerely think they care more about Cuse than UConn. Not because we arent elite, but because we have had zero effect on each other for over almost 2 decades

Reaction Score
We have basically zero history with UNC. I can guarantee you that older Duke fans hate us though for what we did to them in 99 and 04.

My memory is them beating us in most of our meetings. We waxed them that one year that they really sucked, but I feel like them and Kansas have always beat us.

Just looked it up. We're 0-3 vs. Kansas and 1-5 vs. UNC. 4-6 vs. Duke, but 4-1 in JCs tenure.

Reaction Score
Maybe. As much as we hate Mich St for 09? Calhoun isn't even here anymore. We are so far removed from that, I sincerely think they care more about Cuse than UConn. Not because we arent elite, but because we have had zero effect on each other for over almost 2 decades

I think that you are right...besides..the Duke-UNC hatred is so strong that they hardly have any left to parcel out to others.

Reaction Score
They absolutely care about UConn, they would have 2 more national championships if not for UConn and UConn spoiled "the best team ever." Kentucky also cares about UConn because they would have 2 more national championships as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom