Elite 8 Thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Elite 8 Thread

Reaction Score
Still don't understand why recruits continue to go to a school that constantly under performs despite NBA laden rosters.
I would kill to have UConn underperform like UK does.

UK under Cal has been to 2 title games, winning one.

They've been to 2 other Final Fours (so 4/5 of UConn's entire history total, and 2x more than Duke or Kansas or UNC over this same time).

They've been to 7 E8s in the time he's there. 70% of their seasons, they're playing for the right to go to the Final Four. UConn has gone to the E8 a total of 11 times ever, and his team has gone 7 times in 10 years.

Yes, they bring in a lot of talent. But so do UNC, Duke, KU, Arizona, and a bunch of others. And unlike some of those other teams, they're playing 18 year olds. Very good 18 year olds, but they're matching up often against teams that have played together for years.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wow I've instantly become interested in the Final Four. Unlike past years, I will certainly tune in if MSU wins.

My brother's a UVA grad who for many years (actually decades) rooted for UConn in the Tourneys and was actually glad we won Championships including BE ones. I will gladly return the favor this year, I owe it to him.

Reaction Score
Exposure. They want to get drafted high.

We care about NCAA championships, they care about their future.
They also care about NCAA titles. UK has won one, played for another, been to 4 Final Fours in 10 years, and been to the E8 7 times. If you want to play for a national championship, it's a good place to go.

Reaction Score
Auburn and Texas Tech being in the final four kind of blows my mind but they both deserved it.
Yeah. People should be quiet about the tournament being rigged. This might be a ratings apocalypse. Nobody nationally cares about Tech, Auburn, or Virginia. If the refs wanted to influence things the FF would have been Duke vs. Gonzaga/Michigan and UK/UNC vs. maybe a surprise Villanova or something like that.

Reaction Score
CBS has to be sick. What kind of ratings would a no name final like Auburn - TTU get? Would be like Northwestern playing Vandy in the football championship. Schools with zero pedigree.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
They
I would kill to have UConn underperform like UK does.

UK under Cal has been to 2 title games, willing one.

They've been to 2 other Final Fours (so 4/5 of UConn's entire history total, and 2x more than Duke or Kansas or UNC over this same time).

They've been to 7 E8s in the time he's there. 70% of their seasons, they're playing for the right to go to the Final Four. UConn has gone to the E8 a total of 11 times ever, and his team has gone 7 times in 10 years.

Yes, they bring in a lot of talent. But so do UNC, Duke, KU, Arizona, and a bunch of others. And unlike some of those other teams, they're playing 18 year olds. Very good 18 year olds, but they're matching up often against teams that have played together for years.

Meh... they can have their elite 8s and final 4 appearances. I'd rather have the banners.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom