Elena Delle Donne is engaged, and oh by the way ... | The Boneyard

Elena Delle Donne is engaged, and oh by the way ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Congrats to EDD and her partner. I love seeing stories like this that show that marriage can now just be a natural progression for gay couples and a bunch of "hoop"la is not required.

I've always been impressed with her relationship with her sister and this makes me respect her even more. Would have been a shame for her to experience the olympics without being able to fully share it with the person she loves.

Reaction Score
lol I knew it!!

congratulations to her and her fiancee ... oh my, Vogue magazine w/ the scoop, talk about coming out in style!

DelleDonneDesigns | Elena Delle Donne – per Clifton's instagram... coincidentally I've actually been looking at a lot of similar types of reclaimed wood furniture designs recently, i might have to holler @ one of those t ables

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Clifton is from Rock Island Alleman (IL). We used to play against them, they were in our conference in HS.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Congrats! That's so crazy because I work in digital marketing and I was on the phone with one of my clients from Delaware yesterday who did EDD's new website and was telling me how great the family was and how she was going to be doing some digital work for her dad as well. I was telling my client how how big of a fan I am and she offered to try and get me an autograph.... I really hope I get that autograph... but marriage is a wonderful thing, I am happy for her.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I thank anyone famous for coming out and thereby furthering the causes and great progress we've seen from the American gay communities since 1969. It also follows in the great push from Harvey Milk for people to come out as part of the initiatives of the Briggs Bill.

An congrats to EDD for getting engaged! I wish her a happy marriage.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I like this quote: “It was just one of those articles where they came into my home, spent a couple days with me and Amanda is a huge part of my life,” Delle Donne said. “So to leave her out wouldn’t have made any sense. It’s not a coming out article or anything. I’ve been with her for a very long time now and people who are close to me know that and that’s that.”

Heck, even as a fan, who follows Elena's instagram posts, it was pretty clear she and Amanda were together.

There was just no reason to broadcast her personal business to the world. But when you "put a ring on it" and you're doing magazine profiles, it's probably time to say "oh by they way, meet my fiancee".

Very happy for her.

Reaction Score
Off topic:

watching her in the pre-Olympic games and then thinking also about Stewie, I came to appreciate better the term "freak athlete". While (say) Dee or Maya are freaky in that they play better than just about anyone, EDD and Stewie are really freaky in that they play differently better than just about anyone. It takes an entirely different defensive attitude to (try to) stop someone like EDD or Stewie. They just have different physical gifts than almost anyone playing.

Back to our regularly scheduled topic....

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
So great and proud of her. I love the way she's so matter of fact about it - as ETT said, no hoopla surrounding it. Very proud of her. Many professional athletes are still afraid to be who they are so it's wonderful to see someone be happy, who just happens to be one of the best at what she does.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Off topic:

watching her in the pre-Olympic games and then thinking also about Stewie, I came to appreciate better the term "freak athlete". While (say) Dee or Maya are freaky in that they play better than just about anyone, EDD and Stewie are really freaky in that they play differently better than just about anyone. It takes an entirely different defensive attitude to (try to) stop someone like EDD or Stewie. They just have different physical gifts than almost anyone playing.

Back to our regularly scheduled topic....
Watching EDD and Stewie play last week I was thinking along the same lines. I'm glad you've clarified that point.

Reaction Score
Hope for happiness in the days ahead and just so we can beat the voles record lets hope for triplets.No annulments,divorces,or drama though.lol

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Glad to hear she's found the right person. Best wishes.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The article makes it quite clear the this is no coming out. She has been out for a long, long time. It is just now appearing in the media. I, like Waquoit, look forward to this topic simply not being a topic. She's a great athlete, a thoughtful person, and every thing she does in public is classy. That's all we need to know or comment on.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I saw Amanda play at ISU a few years back. Go you Redbirds! Always glad to see good things happening for our alumni.

"Live long and prosper."

Reaction Score
Congrats, EDD!! Like everyone else here in the yard, I am happy for this young lady and wish her nothing but the best.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think Elena's life story would make a good movie. Danny would have a cameo (or bigger) role.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
I think Elena's life story would make a good movie. Danny would have a cameo (or bigger) role.
There we go. We need suggestions as to what star plays the role of Danny in the movie.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom