Electric back on | The Boneyard

Electric back on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Terrible storm. A couple of big trees came down in our yard and throughout the neighborhood. My daughter lives in Milford in a waterfront community and it was devastated. Her house is raised so the water didnt hurt it but in her yard we found stuff from her neighbors from streets away.. The water marks on her garage were up to my shoulders approx 4.5 ft high. Many of the water front houses were desytroyed. Ripped apart. Just like you see in the movies. Just on her street alone they filled 4 dumpsters 6ft high and 24 feet in length. Its going to take along time to clean it up. When you see it you can feel for those people.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
My electricity came back on last night at 8:00 pm...I felt like celebrating. A house two blocks away made the national news... A power line fell on two cars in the driveway...both cars were burned to the frame...to the rims of the tires...the vinyl siding on the front of the house melted as did his vinyl fence (burnt to the ground) and his mail box melted. It was quite a sight to see...I took pictures but I can't figure out how to get them from my e-mail to this forum or I would share...call me technologically illiterate...:)

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
We were very lucky her on Acquidneck (as in "Rhode") Island. A few small trees down, branches torn off, etc. (None of ours.) Lost electricity for just about 24 hours, from Sunday am to Monday am. Freezer stuff seems to have survived. My mother-in-law in White Plains is still without electricity, and has been told that it may be a week or more before it is restored. All of which is cake to what is happening in other places, especially Vermont. Sheesh!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Terrible storm. A couple of big trees came down in our yard and throughout the neighborhood. My daughter lives in Milford in a waterfront community and it was devastated. Her house is raised so the water didnt hurt it but in her yard we found stuff from her neighbors from streets away.. The water marks on her garage were up to my shoulders approx 4.5 ft high. Many of the water front houses were desytroyed. Ripped apart. Just like you see in the movies. Just on her street alone they filled 4 dumpsters 6ft high and 24 feet in length. Its going to take along time to clean it up. When you see it you can feel for those people.
I recall hurricane damage to beach houses in Milford in the 1950s. Some were permanently destroyed and not rebuilt. My thoughs go out to all in my hometown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom