giphy.gif

Reaction Score
Here's the 21/22 depth even w/o Ellis and assuming Bouk goes pro:

4) Akok (JR)......Springs (SO)
3) Jackson (SO)..Martin (JR)
5) Sanogo (SO).........J BF(SO)
2) Cole (SR).............Adams (SR)
1) Gaffney (JR)..........

I mean, that's pretty darn good for just nine schollies.

Reaction Score

Cole is a PG, so...

I'd say we have a glaring need for a talented 2-guard at this point. I would *like* to see a PG, and a big wing as well.

Reaction Score
I never assume anyone is completely clean in college sports. Can't even venture to guess if anything happened here but the past culture at Louisville could corrupt a
Tibetan monk. Hopefully Mack is staying clear of all that. Last minute change of hearts(if that is what actually happened here) always will be viewed with a bit of skepticism.

Not picking on your reply but this whole narrative that Louisville is the dirtiest program in college is laughable. Nike funnels money to flagships in Duke, UK and UNC, lesser programs like Oregon (Phil Knight), LSU, Zona get their cut and all is good. LSU and Zona have head coaches on wire tap, UNC gave out fake degrees, rape on campus at MSU but because we had strippers in a dorm and then Adidas tries to pull a Nike with a recruit we are the face of dirty tactics?

That is laughable, Hell we fired our whole damn administration while these other clowns roam sidelines. You think Zion got paid? Who in the Hell does Louisville get that raises flags? We rarely get 5 star McD's AA. We play in the best arena in college, the best basketball conference and have a rabid fanbase. But yet we rely on 4 star talent and guys like Hancock, Russ Smith, Harrell, Peyton Siva to win with. Pretty laughable really, did you realize that we have been on Ellis longer than anyone? That his coach is from Louisville? How about that he is friends with Pettiford another recruit. I seem to remember Calhoun got his share back in the day and leaving us in the dust while Crum was here. Was he clean? Your only disadvantage now is your conference and the P5 landscape. Not us cheating while we are already going at the NCAA.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Not picking on your reply but this whole narrative that Louisville is the dirtiest program in college is laughable. Nike funnels money to flagships in Duke, UK and UNC, lesser programs like Oregon (Phil Knight), LSU, Zona get their cut and all is good. LSU and Zona have head coaches on wire tap, UNC gave out fake degrees, rape on campus at MSU but because we had strippers in a dorm and then Adidas tries to pull a Nike with a recruit we are the face of dirty tactics?

That is laughable, Hell we fired our whole damn administration while these other clowns roam sidelines. You think Zion got paid? Who in the Hell does Louisville get that raises flags? We rarely get 5 star McD's AA. We play in the best arena in college, the best basketball conference and have a rabid fanbase. But yet we rely on 4 star talent and guys like Hancock, Russ Smith, Harrell, Peyton Siva to win with. Pretty laughable really, did you realize that we have been on Ellis longer than anyone? That his coach is from Louisville? How about that he is friends with Pettiford another recruit. I seem to remember Calhoun got his share back in the day and leaving us in the dust while Crum was here. Was he clean? Your only disadvantage now is your conference and the P5 landscape. Not us cheating while we are already going at the NCAA.
So a technical question: if strippers have sex with players and recruits after their “show” are they still considered strippers or are they just school funded prostitutes at that point?

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Who said they were the dirtiest program? Right now LSU, Arizona, Kansas are in the pole position for that honor. My statement was more about the premise that when it comes to major college sports, nothing would surprise me. Everyone thinks their program is clean and everyone elses is dirty. We are all guilty of that to a degree sometimes. Louisville was just the example here because of the Ellis recruitment and how according to some of our insiders things seemed to turn on a dime. Your gripes should be directed at Pitino and his assistants for any reputation hit your school has taken. Believe me, as UConn fans we know all about the NCAA double standards. We honestly report our grades and get punished twice(retroactively with the tourney ban mind you) for one offense. UNC has a decade worth of widespread academic fraud and get off with a pat on the back. The NCAA certainly has their scapegoats and their protected favorites for sure.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

In short, yes.

You paid people (or had people paid on your behalf) while on probation. It was brazen and not easily forgotten. Do your time first before you expect people to forget.

Reaction Score
WHY DID YOU CHOOSE LOUISVILLE?

“Being able to play in the ACC and playing majority of the games close to home. Growing up in North Carolina as a kid you dream of playing in the ACC and to have that dream come true it was one of the biggest things factoring into my decision.”

Playing in the ACC and many games close to home was the biggest factor. Makes sense. It's a big reason why Hurley mostly recruits the Northeast corridor. Most kids there want to play in the Big East. We've heard that from all our recruits the last year. Not sweating it. Plenty of talent in our area to recruit.

Reaction Score

Can Martin play SG? That's where the most minutes will be available for him. I'm assuming that Cole, Jackson, Akok, and Sanogo will be locks to start in 21-22. Martin/Jackson at the 2/3 would be really good defensively. If I'm Hurley I'm telling Trevor Keels there's 25-30 minutes available immediately. Cole, Keels, Jackson, Akok, Sanogo with Gaffney, Adams, Martin, Springs off the bench is ridiculously good.

Reaction Score
Can Martin play SG? That's where the most minutes will be available for him. I'm assuming that Cole, Jackson, Akok, and Sanogo will be locks to start in 21-22. Martin/Jackson at the 2/3 would be really good defensively. If I'm Hurley I'm telling Trevor Keels there's 25-30 minutes available immediately. Cole, Keels, Jackson, Akok, Sanogo with Gaffney, Adams, Martin, Springs off the bench is ridiculously good.
hurley said AJ will be a PG in the nba so i dont see why he cant start at SG as a sophomore. he isn't a "shooter" but he already posses the other elite guard skills i.e. passing/ball handling/playmaking and we'd have good enough shooters surrounding him. as a versatile combo forward i think Martin would primarily play the 3 and get more minutes at the 4 than the 2

it will be hard for any freshman to crack a 2021 starting lineup of: Cole/Jackson/Martin/Akok/Sanogo

i can't believe how big that lineup is, so good defensively

Last edited:
Reaction Score
hurley said AJ will be a PG in the nba so i dont see why he cant start at SG as a sophomore. he isn't a "shooter" but he already posses the other elite guard skills i.e. passing/ball handling/playmaking and we'd have good enough shooters surrounding him. as a versatile combo forward i think Martin would primarily play the 3 and get more minutes at the 4 than the 2

it will be hard for any freshman to crack a 2021 starting lineup of: Cole/Jackson/Martin/Akok/Sanogo

Unless we get an absolute stud 2/3 for 2021, the lineup you mentioned is likely the starting lineup. It’s a really solid lineup too. If we can land Keels I could see him starting over Martin, but maybe not. Cole is a true PG who controls the offense, distributes, and can shoot. Jackson is a defensive stud, plays above the rim, and will be scary in transition. Martin is a respectable shooter and will be a solid defender. Akok is Akok, should be a beast as a Junior. Sanogo will be the man in the middle that we’ve been missing. Lots to look forward to.

Reaction Score
That would be a really fun lineup. Would worry me having only 1 guy who can really shoot it but not sure it would matter with that talent

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
He definitely improved this year but I don't think it's to the point we can expect him to be a good shooter in college
He just needs to be good enough that guys can't completely lay off of him.

Reaction Score

Martin cannot play SG. He's a SF that can play at the PF when we go small

Reaction Score
He just needs to be good enough that guys can't completely lay off of him.
Yeah I don't really care if he makes them, I just want him to take enough that the defense has to guard him. So basically Akok

Reaction Score

That lineup gets our A kicked if the other team presses. Nowhere near enough shooting either. Jackson isn't good enough as a shooter or ballhandler to play the 2 yet.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

The ACC is no longer the best conference and the NBE, top to bottom is much stronger
P5 is starting to show cracks and will implode soon
When Crum was with Lville, I loved the program
Pitino is a pure scumbag
The Lville "booster club" and "angels" are some of the scummiest - Mack is a good coach but has no balls to tell these folks to get lost - it will bite him on the arse soon
Go cry somewhere else - take Ellis - DH will get better players - Lville is dirty and isn't going to get clean with those people paying for the program

Reaction Score
That lineup gets our A kicked if the other team presses. Nowhere near enough shooting either. Jackson isn't good enough as a shooter or ballhandler to play the 2 yet.
4 of those guys are locks to start (cole/jackson/akok/sanogo) so what if we swapped in Gaffney for Martin:
Cole/Gaffney/Jackson/Akok/Sanogo

unless we get Keels (not holding my breath) i dont think Blakes/Riley is the answer as a frosh...

Last edited:

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score

Tough response w/ decent points. Three points of contention.

One, you cherry-picked the greatest 3 star ever in the program in Russ Smith in getting you thru those lean years. Two, you get 5 stars and load up on guys that are what used to be referred to as 4-plus (definition maybe likely college starter) star recruits. Three, you are the image of head in sand.

As present, the Ville's image is sleazy but winnin, so who cares. You guys make the news annually for grimy ish, name the year, any hoop fan can come up with a grimy 'Ville image for that year. Watch: 2003, Karen & Slick Rick humpgate Let's see.. oh, 2014 - Petrino, oops wrong sport, 2015 - hookergate, 2016 and 17 - Sneakergate involving the FBI, yes the FBI! Now c'mon you can't understand why we come at you? Not a little bit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom