Ekmark commits to... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Ekmark commits to...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Indeed. Fighting Artichoke was too long to use. (Boneyard wouldn't accept it.) St. Mary's is just around the corner (so to speak), as I live in Scottsdale. Truth be told, I wish Muffet could have convinced her to attend my alma mater, Notre Dame.
Ahhhh, so you are not just green with envy. ;)

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Ahhhh, so you are not just green with envy. ;)
No, that's my natural shade of green. Notre Dame, SCC -- it's all good. But definately Ms. Ekmark would have looked great in an Irish uni! (Certainly better than those dreadful UConn Nike unis. They made the Huskies look like Buckeyes. I hope those get stowed away somewhere very difficult to find...)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Not bad. Angie was a terrific player. Sometimes misused at Tennessee, but I would take that version too.
Yeah, something like Angie B. seems like an apt comparison. Courtney may be a little more versatile, but I see similarities.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Correction ... it is SmartyPANTS...

Meyers...hope you are feeling better and well
Getting better. Start rehab next week. :) Hopefully back to work in July. Be getting my SmartyPantsness back soon enough. ;)

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Getting better. Start rehab next week. :) Hopefully back to work in July. Be getting my SmartyPantsness back soon enough. ;)

You never lost it! Get well, my friend.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Meyers great to have you back. Your still in my prayers.

Reaction Score
Nothing like a little heart surgery to make "getting back to work" sound like a Maui vacation!

Glad to hear rehab is starting soon . . . that's a sure sign of your recovery:)

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Courtney's father is an AAU coach, so he is really familiar with the ins and outs of the recruiting process. It is quite the compliment when an AAU coach, who has worked with some of the top prospects in Arizona, has a daughter who is one of the top-ranked players in the class, commit early to a program.

It gets better.

Courtney's dad received the Naismith Award as the best HS WBB coach in the country after his team went 30-0 and was ranked #1 in the country.

It gets better yet!

Dad/Coach Ekmark received notification of receipt of the Naismith Award while traveling with his daughter to visit UConn.

I get the distinct feeling that the stars were magically aligned.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Nothing like a little heart surgery to make "getting back to work" sound like a Maui vacation!

Glad to hear rehab is starting soon . . . that's a sure sign of your recovery:)
Speaking of a Maui vacation, I've got 3 weeks in October. But I'll be thinking about the Boneyard! :)

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Oh Boy! What a nice surprise for this evening.
And according to Rich she is coming up to Storrs sometime in June to play pick up with the team! I know that is standard on 'visits' but don't remember hearing of a commit making a trip just to hang with the team and play pick-up games.

Reaction Score
Welcome, Courtney! Sounds like Courtney and UConn will be a great fit!

Reaction Score
Congrats to UConn. She sounds like a keeper. That St. Mary's team is amazing.

Guess it wasn't too early for Geno to lock up this sophomore.
Artie the Artichoke has made an appearance a few times on this board. A while back ThisJustin posted the following:

Artichokes!
Artichokes!
We've got hearts!
Artichokes!
Artichokes!
We'll tear in parts!

I think most of us here would be happy to have a Uconn fan with special dispensation to root for that green team from Indiana when we play them.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
It gets better.

Courtney's dad received the Naismith Award as the best HS WBB coach in the country after his team went 30-0 and was ranked #1 in the country.

It gets better yet!

Dad/Coach Ekmark received notification of receipt of the Naismith Award while traveling with his daughter to visit UConn.

I get the distinct feeling that the stars were magically aligned.

That was God at work, not the stars being aligned. ;) Let's give credit where credit is due.

Reaction Score
Chris Hansen of Hoopgurlz had this to say today about CE:

"Courtney Ekmark (Phoenix, Ariz.), St. Mary's: Writing an evaluation on Ekmark without using the s-word is nearly impossible, it's how she earned her reputation as a young player. Yet what is clear is that Ekmark is not settling as a one-dimensional shooter. She is showing continued growth in her ballhandling, and she isn't afraid to try out the new moves in the live 3-on-3 or 5-on-5 drills. She has matured a lot mentally, and mistakes now don't weigh on her and impact the next possession. Ekmark is so consistent in her approach to getting better that it will be exciting to see what is next. Her slight build and footspeed bring out the critics who point out what she cannot do, but to them we say, "Just wait."

http://espn.go.com/high-school/girl...l-elite-basketball-academy-super-64-west-camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom