Edwards Next Pheesa? | The Boneyard

Edwards Next Pheesa?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
It was interesting to listen to Geno’s comments comparing Aaliyah to Pheesa. The most salient point that Geno made was that, like Pheesa, Aaliyah plays hard, all the time, at both ends of the court. That’s a great starting point.

A second point by Geno was that, unlike Pheesa who was not pressed into action very much as a freshman, Aaliyah is going to play a lot as a freshman. It’s going to be fun to watch Aaliyah’s development over the next 4 years.

Reaction Score
One of the biggest assets that Phee brought to the team was her demeanor. She never seemed to let the stage/situation affect her performance. With our team being pretty young this year, this sort of characteristic would be a very welcome addition.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
An area where Aliyah may be more advanced than Pheesa. Not an expert but that looks like classic shooting form to me. PS. That is her jump shot, not a FT. :)

1602855940045.png

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Since spring I have thought she is a potential starter. Whether she starts or not I'll take Geno at his word about lots of minutes. She's going to be an international star.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Edwards is also trying to emulate C Parker. I only hope she means Parker's skill set and not her "motor" at both ends of the floor. :oops:

Her fandom of Parker is probably at least in part connected to her general LA Kobe Bryant fandom but I know CP is a role model for posts who want to demonstrate high flexibility in their skills. Just a fact of life.

Just listening to her interviews and every single UConn source shows that her Motor runs very very high.

Reaction Score
Her fandom of Parker is probably at least in part connected to her general LA Kobe Bryant fandom but I know CP is a role model for posts who want to demonstrate high flexibility in their skills. Just a fact of life.

Just listening to her interviews and every single UConn source shows that her Motor runs very very high.

I agree, I just enjoy throwing shade on former Vols.

Reaction Score
Her development would go even more quickly if Piath can be an effective sub at the five, thus giving her virtually all her time at the four (sharing with Aubrey, perhaps).
Going one step further, could this actually be the year where we see a 10-person rotation? Nika and Mir are getting plenty of love from their teammates.

Reaction Score
If you break down court positions into the classic one thru five, there is only one player that doesn't have any competition for her spot, and that's Aaliyah in the four spot, eh? Even Liv, a sure starter, has Piath behind her. The rest of the squad - eight players - are all ones, twos or threes. No, Aubrey is not a four, she's an archetype, bona fide, awesome three! Discounting foul problems, I see many, many minutes four AE, perhaps just as many as Liv, eh?

Reaction Score
Aaliyah should be another great one...BUT, do not forget Anna, for I feel that she will bloom even further this year. She should be WNBA material. I hope she stays for the full 4 years. Anna could surprise many around the country, but not me. Geno has an unreal mix of kids.
All his doing and he should continue to be praised. The UConn women's games should give homebound Americans a boost during this horrible pandemic.

Reaction Score
If you break down court positions into the classic one thru five, there is only one player that doesn't have any competition for her spot, and that's Aaliyah in the four spot, eh? Even Liv, a sure starter, has Piath behind her. The rest of the squad - eight players - are all ones, twos or threes. No, Aubrey is not a four, she's an archetype, bona fide, awesome three! Discounting foul problems, I see many, many minutes four AE, perhaps just as many as Liv, eh?
Respectfully disagree. The three is a wing who must be reliable from the arc. Aubrey is not a classic four, but neither was Gabby Williams. Of the other 10 players, she is the one who can best fill in at the four without hurting the team. Anna certainly could, as well, but she is much more valuable somewhere else,

Reaction Score
Respectfully disagree. The three is a wing who must be reliable from the arc. Aubrey is not a classic four, but neither was Gabby Williams. Of the other 10 players, she is the one who can best fill in at the four without hurting the team. Anna certainly could, as well, but she is much more valuable somewhere else,
Aubrey was good from the arc in high school [Ossining] .. mebbe she'll get it back :)

Reaction Score
Aubrey was good from the arc in high school [Ossining] .. mebbe she'll get it back :)

She really wasn't though! Griffin played a total of 75 games in her high school career(missed sophomore season due to ACL), she ONLY made a total of 48 3pt shots, that is .64 3pt makes/game.

Reaction Score
She really wasn't though! Griffin played a total of 75 games in her high school career(missed sophomore season due to ACL), she ONLY made a total of 48 3pt shots, that is .64 3pt makes/game.
Aubrey was so good from the arc that opposing teams triple-teamed her out there allowing her to drive to the hoop and average 40 points/game. The numbers attest to the fact that opposing teams feared her long-range shooting ability, eh? The preferred she take a deuce rather than a trey!

Reaction Score
Aubrey was so good from the arc that opposing teams triple-teamed her out there allowing her to drive to the hoop and average 40 points/game. The numbers attest to the fact that opposing teams feared her long-range shooting ability, eh? The preferred she take a deuce rather than a trey!

Griffin averaged 26.8 pts/game in high school, tremendous numbers, but not even close to 40.

Reaction Score
Griffin averaged 26.8 pts/game in high school, tremendous numbers, but not even close to 40.
In the big games - like playoffs and such - she averaged close to 40 .. I was at the games or saw them on TV, eh?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom