Edsall stepping down immediately | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Edsall stepping down immediately

Reaction Score
1) this is playing out like the episode of the Office when that fat guy Tony Gardner quits and then Michael fired him instead so they have to pay him a severance package

2) firing RE is a good thing, who cares about optics. Edsall had to go and he had to go now

Reaction Score
It's all about the cheese. And the bread. Ham sammiches ain't like the 80s ham sammiches where Wonder Bread ruled the day.

Exactly...the whole gluten-free thing just makes it much more complicated than it used to be

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Yup. Really not hard to see these players love playing for him. Spanos probably will run a different practice too. Excited to see results. Not expecting wins but a team that competes from down 1 till the clock strikes 0:00 in the 4th

0-2 start, dreadful offense, dreadful defense, coach just canned. Other than McFadden and Jones, you think any player is comfortable with their spot on the two deep. Competition for playing time just got amped up.

Reaction Score
Who cares how we got here, Spanos as interim head coach is the right call after the lousy 0-2 start. Losing to Holy Cross was the PR nightmare, all this other stuff (yesterday and today) is window dressing.

Best of luck to coach Spanos and the team! A new season starts on Saturday.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Only if the father is as big a jerk as some here believe............
Well, he did some emo raging on Twitter, clearing out almost any history of his second tenure here. He quotes himself, too in one of the remaining tweets.

His facial expressions and demeanor are that of a narcissist. "I don't give a crap what anyone thinks, this is what we decided!" Sounds like a wonderful, thoughtful man. I am no one to judge, really. But it's obvious it was his way or the highway, or whatever way.

Reaction Score
My completely uneducated guess as to what went down, given the minimal facts/gossip available atm:

1. RE announces his resignation as a pre-emptive strike, preventing DB from firing him.

2. DB decides to take the high road and puts out a statement, one that notably says retirement is Randy's decision and that DB will continue to review.

3. RE & DB's meeting today doesn't go well, to say the least, and DB says "sayonora" (we can always throw in a locker room blow up just for fun).

I could be right. I could be wrong. Not sure what else makes logical (not emotional) sense.

A boy can dream...

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Benedict has had a pattern of messy firings. Ollie...Diaco and now Edsall. We all know what happened with Ollie. And remember Diaco wasn't fired until January...after Benedict tried to force Diaco to take on a new OC.

I like Benedict....probably just circumstances...just seems odd.

He appears to be the type of manager/boss/leader that when he sees an underperforming underling he provides guidance and direction to get that person back on track. If the underling balks at the advice, they are let go.

Reaction Score
My completely uneducated guess as to what went down, given the minimal facts/gossip available atm:

1. RE announces his resignation as a pre-emptive strike, preventing DB from firing him.

2. DB decides to take the high road and puts out a statement, one that notably says retirement is Randy's decision and that DB will continue to review.

3. RE & DB's meeting today doesn't go well, to say the least, and DB says "sayonora" (we can always throw in a locker room blow up just for fun).

I could be right. I could be wrong. Not sure what else makes logical (not emotional) sense.

A boy can dream...

My thoughts exactly.

What really bothers me is how Randy left us the first time and yet we gave him another chance and this is how he decided to end things.

Reaction Score
If Spanos is the coach for the remainder of the season, Benedict owes it to him, the players, benefactors and the fan base to say this tomorrow. This program is screaming for stability right now.

Reaction Score

A boy can dream...
Yeah, there was that one curious line at the end in the DB statement that had me scratching my head, what did that mean? Well, I guess it meant that he was reserving his options and had not yet fully bought into Randy's plan to stay to the end of the season. That was not yet a done deal.

Reaction Score
He didn't what? Leave quietly? BUT...he left. That's what they wanted...and he knew it. SO...why not leverage that is what I'm saying. No one "leaves quietly" these days...truth be told.
No... He didn't get more money.

Reaction Score
Bad publicity is hiring hookers and pushing blow on recruits and cheating academically for decades.

That'll probably be the norm soon, anyway.

What recruits say no to hookers, blow, and someone else classin' for me?

Reaction Score
Here is the thing. They put out official releases and statements yesterday.

Those people work for the AD, not the football team. So, 24 hours later things change.

Who is in control here?

Yes. This is the point. Edsall didn’t retire before talking to the AD so he wouldn’t be fired. They were both on board before the announcement yesterday. Something happened between yesterday afternoon and today.

Reaction Score
Do you guys think we should try to replace UConn offensive coordinator Frank Guifre ASAP. Who could take his job?

I think they are short of coaches. Never replaced Dunn. Who is the DC? Do they promote Luke if he is still here?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom