Edsall stepping down immediately | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Edsall stepping down immediately

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Our recruiting class for next season apparently. Don't remember which of the multiple threads I've read that someone posted the tweet, but two of our recruits tweeted that they were with Corey to the end..... he's going to be vital to keeping a lot of this really solid class together.

I think he is one of the most important pieces of this staff.
It's going to be an uncomfortable Thanksgiving dinner at the Edsall's.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Logically there was a serious difference in opinions on how the remainder of the season and transition towards a new regime was going to play out which led to the immediate retirement. While it may not be a PR disaster it isn't a good look. We seemed to be in a bit of a rush to make yesterday's announcement, which put us in a position to make two significant announcements in two days. Indicates questionable organization on our part.

That said, I's rather have AD Dave leading the way at the moment than any AD we've had here in decades.

Reaction Score
He didn't.
He didn't what? Leave quietly? BUT...he left. That's what they wanted...and he knew it. SO...why not leverage that is what I'm saying. No one "leaves quietly" these days...truth be told.

Reaction Score
Here is why I don't see it as a PR nightmare- UConn football is being talked about and mentioned - if we were UMass or some other inconsequential program, we would be a blip on the screen. This shows the name is still relevant. Man, if we give Purdue a good game or even beat them, we will continue this pr roll.

The school of thought that all PR is good PR……well…..it’s wrong.

Reaction Score
Also. None of these releases leave the door without AD looking at them. On Sunday he said one thing, Monday did another.

Doesnt inspire confidence here. I don’t care if you eventually got to the right decision, this is a PR debacle
PR debacles are a UConn athletic department specialty. Small time stuff here

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
I’m pissed that this guy is still set to collect over $1 million & also got his salary last year (to essentially do nothing) when the product we saw could’ve been accomplished by a pop warner coach. Waste of my money as a taxpayer & considering how dire the budget deficit for the state is, it’s even more of a joke.

Reaction Score
Do you guys think we should try to replace UConn offensive coordinator Frank Guifre ASAP. Who could take his job?

Eventually Orlovsky, but he doesn't know the playbook yet so he can't do it now.

Reaction Score
Also think it’s so funny the journos think UConn is a nothing job. It’s the number one story on the ESPN site right now. Make it make sense
It's often said "there's no bad publicity".
Let's hope so...........

Reaction Score
Did anyone think this before the last announcement?

Yes. Some people did.

Actually, as more about this comes out, I'd be interested in knowing what happened between yesterday and today. This departure didn't look nearly as messy 24 hours ago.

Reaction Score
Here is the thing. They put out official releases and statements yesterday.

Those people work for the AD, not the football team. So, 24 hours later things change.

Who is in control here?
We're all waiting for the local media to tell us that and more.
So far we have no credible information about what happened from one day to the next.
With Edsall, who knows what changed, but my guess is Edsall may have had a change of heart about something DB wanted that Edsall agreed to on Sunday.
Maybe stuff like who calls the plays on offense?
What are your sources telling you?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I’m pissed that this guy is still set to collect over $1 million & also got his salary last year (to essentially do nothing) when the product we saw could’ve been accomplished by a pop warner coach. Waste of my money as a taxpayer & considering how dire the budget deficit for the state is, it’s even more of a joke.
They'll answer for their actions one day.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
The school of thought that all PR is good PR……well…..it’s wrong.
In today's world, we drop out of the news cycle by tomorrow. Of course if RE apologizes and asks for his job back and DB gives it to him, then we can be top o the headlines again!!;)

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Bit surprised they didn’t go w/ Dennis Dottin-Carter - he was interim head coach @ Delaware for a month plus back in 2016 but have no issue w/ Spanos.

Damn. Go for a walk on the beach and boom come back to this.

Without going through 8 pages of comments my educated guess is there were some stipulations put in place by the AD (Cough, cough, bench Jack Zergiotis, cough, cough) and RE wanted to go out his own way. Specific example or not, this was going to be a delicate 10 weeks to finish out the season and it appears like there wasn't an agreeable path forward.

As an FYI, I'd been holding this close to the vest, but I sent AD DB an email Sarurday after the loss and told him relieving RE immediately had to be done. Glad to see AD DB has gotten caught up on his emails.

Reaction Score
It's often said "there's no bad publicity".
Let's hope so...........
Bad publicity is hiring hookers and pushing blow on recruits and cheating academically for decades.

That'll probably be the norm soon, anyway.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom