Edsall stepping down immediately | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Edsall stepping down immediately

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Per source close to situation-

Edsall didn’t give any notice to AD DB, or coaches before announcing his retirement. Once he announced it, there was some heated conversations due to the lack of insight he gave to DB. Benedict decided this morning (or announced this morning), to team that the change is effective immediately.
Here is why I don't buy this- If RE announced on his own that he is leaving, then the DB release wouldn't have been so flowery and that he is monitoring the situation. If RE decided to cut his own release, DB wouldn't have given him the night.

Reaction Score
This doesn't make any sense. He was getting this year's salary regardless
Maybe he got more as long as he agreed to leave quietly. He would not be the first.

Reaction Score
This doesn't make any sense. He was getting this year's salary regardless
If I was a player I would much rather play for an interim coach that is fighting for a job than a lame duck coach with no incentive to succeed. If there were only a couple of games left Edsall sticking around would be fine. But 10 games left the players needed to put Edsall behind them

Reaction Score
Here is why I don't buy this- If RE announced on his own that he is leaving, then the DB release wouldn't have been so flowery and that he is monitoring the situation. If RE decided to cut his own release, DB wouldn't have given him the night.
Here is the thing. They put out official releases and statements yesterday.

Those people work for the AD, not the football team. So, 24 hours later things change.

Who is in control here?

hardcorehusky

Reaction Score
Here is the thing. They put out official releases and statements yesterday.

Those people work for the AD, not the football team. So, 24 hours later things change.

Who is in control here?
DB is in control - I would think before they came into an agreement about the rest of the season - all of these things would have been worked out PRIOR to announcements and press releases!!

Reaction Score
Well, Chesney had his audition Saturday and passed with flying colors. Now Spanos gets a 10 game audition. I wonder where the bar is set for him?
i really wonder if he’s getting the season or this moving far quicker than anyone imagined.

Reaction Score
DB is in control - I would think before they came into an agreement about the rest of the season - all of these things would have been worked out PRIOR to announcements and press releases!!
Player revolt? Revolt may be a strong word, but if team leaders had a voice that could make a difference

Reaction Score
Our recruiting class for next season apparently. Don't remember which of the multiple threads I've read that someone posted the tweet, but two of our recruits tweeted that they were with Corey to the end..... he's going to be vital to keeping a lot of this really solid class together.

I think he is one of the most important pieces of this staff.
He gone

Reaction Score
What would lead anyone to believe Benedict was the reason Edsall is out immediately. Someone way higher up than the AD made this decision. Benedict put out a statement yesterday regarding how edsall is leaving at the end of the year.

hardcorehusky

Reaction Score
Also. None of these releases leave the door without AD looking at them. On Sunday he said one thing, Monday did another.

Doesnt inspire confidence here. I don’t care if you eventually got to the right decision, this is a PR debacle
Here is why I don't see it as a PR nightmare- UConn football is being talked about and mentioned - if we were UMass or some other inconsequential program, we would be a blip on the screen. This shows the name is still relevant. Man, if we give Purdue a good game or even beat them, we will continue this pr roll.

Reaction Score
My only hope is hat Spanos takes the team to task and opens up all the positions to competition. And the players who quit on the coach in that Twitter clip from Holy Cross? They can sit for a game or two.

Reaction Score
Maybe, y’all some spoiled, ungrateful football fans. 20 years ago UCONN football was bs on the national stage. He made UCONN football respectable the 1st go around and left it primed to continue and UCONN admin F it up. Now he comes back to help put it back together and it’s worst then before he built it up. Look how UCONN admin is handling this? Just a bunch of F ups lol
Good one.

Reaction Score
Poorly handled but the right move. Randy as a dead man walking would do nothing but divide the locker room. Who was going to listen to him knowing he was gone regardless of how the team performed?
Agreed it was handled horrendously by Benedict but absolutely the right move. Why keep Edsall there for the whole season? Makes zero sense.

Reaction Score
Also. None of these releases leave the door without AD looking at them. On Sunday he said one thing, Monday did another.

Doesnt inspire confidence here. I don’t care if you eventually got to the right decision, this is a PR debacle
I can imagine these situations can be relatively fluid especially early on and especially if people are having changes of heart, so to speak.

I don’t consider it a PR debacle at all.

Reaction Score
Football program is a clown show. Benedict and Edsall probably listen to the Boneyard too much and are making decisions accordingly. I’m pretty sure Edsall gets hired a 3rd time here.

Reaction Score
Here is why I don't see it as a PR nightmare- UConn football is being talked about and mentioned - if we were UMass or some other inconsequential program, we would be a blip on the screen. This shows the name is still relevant. Man, if we give Purdue a good game or even beat them, we will continue this pr roll.
Literally the top story on ESPN. No other program that stinks gets attention like us.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom