Edsall on National Disrespect of AAC | The Boneyard

Edsall on National Disrespect of AAC

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Best line: “Get rid of the bowls,” he said. “They don’t serve the purpose anymore when you can go to a bowl at 6-6 or 5-7. We’re rewarding what America is doing, we’re enabling and entitling people on stuff that’s not worthy to be enabled or entitled to.”

I totally agree with this. You should have to win 8 games to go to a bowl. Mediocrity shouldn't be rewarded.

Reaction Score
You go Randy, you be your bad self.

He's not wrong, but he may not be 100% right.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Except for the create another division part. You don't want that Randy.
After the next CR you do. If we make it into a 1-A conference, great. If not, we drop football and go BE. Our destiny would finally be revealed. Part of why I was bummed the Big 12 didn't expand was that we are left in purgatory.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Except for the create another division part. You don't want that Randy.

I don't think he's saying that he wants that. I think he's showing the hypocrisy of an institution that claims to care about what D1 means and more importantly about what student-athlete means.

If they just want the same 20 institutions to succeed because that's what's most profitable for them, then stop the farce that is "D1" athletics in football...

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Best line: “Get rid of the bowls,” he said. “They don’t serve the purpose anymore when you can go to a bowl at 6-6 or 5-7. We’re rewarding what America is doing, we’re enabling and entitling people on stuff that’s not worthy to be enabled or entitled to.”

I totally agree with this. You should have to win 8 games to go to a bowl. Mediocrity shouldn't be rewarded.

EVERYONE gets a participation award
No more winners No more losers
This new PC stuff just plain sucks

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Classic two-face Randy move, say this in the media while his contract has him getting rewarded for ANY bowl.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    38.8 KB · Views: 73
Reaction Score
Many Power Five coaches want exclusive sked

Here is a quote from Randy when at Maryland.
It's all about your current perspective I guess. I remember how much this pissed me off when I read it. Thought I would dig it up.

The Power Five conferences is a different world," said Maryland's Randy Edsall, who was in favor of it. "The scheduling would be more well-rounded and would show who deserves to be in the [four-team] playoff."

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
The blinders this place has for Randy. If he even got a whiff of a better job he would be on the next plane out.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
The blinders this place has for Randy. If he even got a whiff of a better job he would be on the next plane out.

Do you really believe that? Because I don't. I think his intentions are that this is his last gig. His last chance at a legacy. He's got his money already. What he doesn't have is a lasting legacy, and he knows that he's pretty much responsible for not having one by leaving the one he had. And I strongly suspect that he aims to correct that.

I guess never say never, but I'd just about bet the mortgage that he's not going to another job after this one...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Do you really believe that? Because I don't. I think his intentions are that this is his last gig. His last chance at a legacy. ...
I guess never say never, but I'd just about bet the mortgage that he's not going to another job after this one...
At least not another college football head coaching gig.

Reaction Score

You couldn't be more clueless. Nothing more to say.

Reaction Score
Do you really believe that? Because I don't. I think his intentions are that this is his last gig. His last chance at a legacy. He's got his money already. What he doesn't have is a lasting legacy, and he knows that he's pretty much responsible for not having one by leaving the one he had. And I strongly suspect that he aims to correct that.

Look at Rewster post. When he was in the P5, he was all about it, student athletes outside the P5 be damned.

Doesn't make him a bad guy it's just a coach being a coach, and I absolutely believe he would leave for a better job, because he's done it once already. Plus situation with his son and the State has to be gnawing at him.

Reaction Score

It's all about your current perspective I guess. I remember how much this pissed me off when I read it. Thought I would dig it up.

The Power Five conferences is a different world," said Maryland's Randy Edsall, who was in favor of it. "The scheduling would be more well-rounded and would show who deserves to be in the [four-team] playoff."
Only RichROD kept it real.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
We're pretty much the only school in AAC that doesn't have to worry about our head coach being poached

Reaction Score

I give him the benefit of the doubt on this one. Don't forget he said that after experiencing almost one season in what turns out to be a very tough league, deserving of it's Power 6 identity. I would think preparing for and playing USF and UCF (20th & 12th ranked in Amway coaches poll) in successive weeks (and earlier, 17th ranked Memphis) had something to do with his recent comments. Those three teams that are ranked higher than Florida, FSU and LSU! The AAC is for sure the most underrated football conference in college football.

Reaction Score
After the next CR you do. If we make it into a 1-A conference, great. If not, we drop football and go BE. Our destiny would finally be revealed. Part of why I was bummed the Big 12 didn't expand was that we are left in purgatory.
Good post. Would be good to know one way or another.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Look at Rewster post. When he was in the P5, he was all about it, student athletes outside the P5 be damned.

Doesn't make him a bad guy it's just a coach being a coach, and I absolutely believe he would leave for a better job, because he's done it once already. Plus situation with his son and the State has to be gnawing at him.
I don't think he will get a better opportunity because this can't be turned around quick enough. But he left here for what at the time was almost a lateral move. He's as self-serving as any other head coach, simple as that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom