Edsall Love Fest | The Boneyard

Edsall Love Fest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know he won when he was here...but do any of you who complained about what Diaco did here the past 3 seasons remember how Edsall's teams played (aside from winning)? Did any of you watch his Maryland teams? And how about the fact he has been working for the Lions in a off field capacity in a position created for him by someone who was a grad assistant for him. He also has a HUGE chip on his shoulder and will be gone to the first P-5 school that offers. This ship has sailed...The only thing that comes to my mind when I think about his arrogant attitude towards the fan base and how we don't really know football is not renewing my tickets.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
People who still want him here are the same kind of fans that think we're still in the "Big East" and that Cuse and BC are good at football and relevant. This is a much, much different world than when Randy won here. If its true and Burton and the big wig donors want him back, then I think I'd rather be in FCS still playing at Memorial Stadium than use his cash to build our facilities because he doesn't "own" this program, and Randy Edsall is not the kind of head coach we need to move this program forward. Its moving backwards... Period.

Still clamoring for Edsall is basically like still being in love and wanting back your Ex who cheated on you and has no remorse, but would probably come back to you now because she needs the money.

Its pathetic folks. And small time. If this happens its just the official beginning of the end for our dreams of big-time college FB here in the state. Its over.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
People who still want him here are the same kind of fans that think we're still in the "Big East" and that Cuse and BC are good at football and relevant. This is a much, much different world than when Randy won here. If its true and Burton and the big wig donors want him back, then I think I'd rather be in FCS still playing at Memorial Stadium than use his cash to build our facilities because he doesn't "own" this program, and Randy Edsall is not the kind of head coach we need to move this program forward. Its moving backwards... Period.

Still clamoring for Edsall is basically like still being in love and wanting back your Ex who cheated on you and has no remorse, but would probably come back to you now because she needs the money.

Its pathetic folks. And small time. If this happens its just the official beginning of the end for our dreams of big-time college FB here in the state. Its over.
I guess it is theoretically possible to move backwards from this year 3-9 run which closed out with six losses.... I guess.

Edsall is triage. He stops the bleeding. As I've said elsewhere, he's not my first choice, but he's certainly not a step backwards from red pants.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
I guess it is theoretically possible to move backwards from this year 3-9 run which closed out with six losses.... I guess.
OK.... he stops the bleeding. Then whats the plan?? We get that mystical ACC invite we've been waiting on and somehow Edsall is magic at UConn once again with his 8 win seasons.
Edsall is triage. He stops the bleeding. As I've said elsewhere, he's not my first choice, but he's certainly not a step backwards from red pants.

Reaction Score

Totally agree. Edsall is not my first choice and I was hoping for someone better, but Edsall would stabilize the program and with conference realignment, it's critical that UConn football gets to mediocre really quick. He did understand how to recruit at UConn and he did have an exciting running offense and return game, and he did air it out when he had a QB, which unfortunately was almost never.

UConn really needs to hire someone with HC experience. I would love Moorhead, but I don't think he will be available. Golden would be a decent hire as he rebuilt Temple and he was handed a cluster at Miami due to sanctions, which weren't his fault. No to Schiano.

Edsall will be 59 this year, which means he has 5 to 8 years in him and perhaps one of his assistants could become the next head coach.

Reaction Score
He aint getting another p5 offer. He is getting old. Big time recruits don't exactly buy in with him. Stefon Diggs went to Maryland because his mother forbid him from going anywhere else.

Reaction Score
One more thing to add...last time I knew his defensive game planning couldn't stop the spread...Rich Rod made RE his b**ch too many times for my liking. And he continued at MD where most of the teams in that league run it. So between USF, UCF, Houston, Tulane, Tulsa, Memphis and any other team in the AAC that runs a spread offense things don't bode that well.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score

I don't want Edsall but will settle for him if the better candidates snub us. However, the one thing I disagree with you on is that he'll leave for another job. He'll end his career at UCONN....either with retirement or getting fired.......I remember he was a passionate coach in his previous stint here and I always liked how he congratulated his players when they came off the field after a big play. However, at 59, I question whether he's still have the same fire. On the good side, when a guy had success and then failed returns, there's strong motivation to restore his legacy. With that said, let's get Miles! Christmas is over and I'm getting tired of leftovers.

Reaction Score
Hopefully the only reason Edsall was in CT was because Les Miles picked him for special teams coach and Benedict wants to make sure he stays up in the booth during home games.

If you ever want to get into the B1G or ACC DO NOT HIRE EDSALL!! They've already had their dose of him.

Reaction Score
I don't want Edsall but will settle for him if the better candidates snub us. However, the one thing I disagree with you on is that he'll leave for another job. He'll end his career at UCONN....either with retirement or getting fired..I remember he was a passionate coach in his previous stint here and I always liked how he congratulated his players when they came off the field after a big play. However, at 59, I question whether he's still have the same fire. On the good side, when a guy had success and then failed returns, there's strong motivation to restore his legacy. With that said, let's get Miles! Christmas is over and I'm getting tired of leftovers.

Well said !

Reaction Score
I'm clearly not objective about Randy but we know for damn sure he will make us respectable again. Remember the days when we were? Yeah. That was cool. Can't get to great without getting to respectable. But to each his own.

Just because Edsall made us respectable before does not mean he would be able to do so again. Heck, by that logic Pasqualoni should have been a home run hire because he had some great years at Syracuse.

Reaction Score
It's really sad that because of our uninspiring history, geographical location,, conference affiliation, and lack of facilities that we have really no shot with any other coach besides Edsall who is unwanted by virtually every other school in the country.

Reaction Score
Bottom line . . . Edsall, when he was here, didn't know how to put together a high powered, explosive offense or a decent passing attack. So we STILL want to hitch our wagon to a three yards and a cloud of dust, defensive coach? Give it up. Randy's last game (Fiesta Bowl) was one of six or seven games played that New Years Day. UConn was the only team that day (either victorious or losing team) that did not score an offensive touchdown that day. He was pioneering the disaster that the UConn offense would become.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
If nothing else I will enjoy Randy's press conference knowing him being the choice ticks off TDH.

Reaction Score
@FDNY99 you're one of my favorite posters but gotta call you out on this: "but do any of you who complained about what Diaco did here the past 3 seasons remember how Edsall's teams played (aside from winning)?"

Enough said.
Thanks dude...but to me it's all about systems now and I don't think he can scheme to defend the spread. I hope that I'm wrong on this if he is the guy....but my gut tells me no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom