Edsall is doing an amazing job with our culture. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Edsall is doing an amazing job with our culture.

Reaction Score
About what the turnstile was yesterday. They reported 11K distributed but the turnstile is always much much less. Ironically, the gorgeous football weather probably contributed to lower rather than more attendance.
“Announced”/distributed attendance was 18k+

Reaction Score
OK, then how did we get to 11K? The turnstile is never announced until the season is over.

Not sure were the 11k is coming from but there clearly wasn’t 18k in the stands/on the concourses.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
He drove off the few experienced players he had.
Job 1 for the hack coach. Get rid of players than plead for patience because you have a young squad. It always ends in failure. Except for the hack's bank account.

Reaction Score
He’s done Chief? Any idea who’s coming? O coordinator is the worst!
I think that all three coordinators have a lot to answer for in light of yesterday's result. The rushing yards allowed and the rushing yards gained were abysmal. The long KO run back allowed on top of all that.

Somehow I got the impression that they had so many rushing attempts because Edsall was treating the game as a training session rather than a game that counted. And, btw, Tompkins got only 6 touches from the LoS? Gosh, he averaged 6 yards a carry and Mensah much much less. What is up with that?

A lot of the self infliction that has happened this year is on HCRE2.0. He has had a player retention problem in this modern age of mobility. He seems to have been slow to address the problem.

Reaction Score
A lot of the self infliction that has happened this year is on HCRE2.0. He has had a player retention problem in this modern age of mobility. He seems to have been slow to address the problem.

But he has done a wonderful job complaining about it.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
All the haters on Edsall really. If we got rid of him now our team would go down the shitter. He wants to be here to re-establish a proven football team. We don’t have good recruits let him get his players in for three years. I guarantee a difference.
Play calling that doesn’t suit the personnel and laid back defensive schemes that were only fair in the OBE but worked often enough with a better O is not very good coaching. And absent Dan O. who pretty much fell into his lap, he hasn’t pulled in a QB up to the modern game except for maybe Endres who never played a full season at the helm.

Reaction Score
He drove off the few experienced players he had. He has the team he wanted.

BTW, at Maryland he inherited a 9-3 team and went 2-10 in year one. That how he changes the culture.

You mean he drove off the D2 kids from the roster. The kids that left haven’t had any impact on their new teams.

Reaction Score
Absolutely right. The kids he “drove off” provided very little.

Reaction Score
Its not the X's and O's, it's about the Jimmy's and Joe's.

I guess they're saving money by keeping their recruiting trips short, but looking in-state, and taking the leftovers on the east coast isn't going to get it done. I suggest that they look to the leftovers from the midwest, especially the fat guys on the line )who are taught line play by coaches that realize that that's where games are won and lost), and are just a bit undersized to get offers from P5's and see if that can move the pile.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Absolutely right. The kids he “drove off” provided very little.

He ran off bad players and replaced them with bad players. This is 100% self-inflicted and could not have blown up in his face more spectacularly. He owns this. This is entirely his own doing.

Its worse because he's lashing out about it at everyone else. Always a victim, never his fault.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
They took out Fortt at halftime as his angles and tackling were terrible. He whiffed a few times.

Tackling needs to be worked and taking better angles. When they take out Henigan the middle ends up being wide open as he seems to be the only player able to stop the run consistently

Reaction Score
They are guesstimating... it wasn’t the turnstile number.

From Paul Doyle @ NHR:
“Before about 11,000 — announced attendance was 18,038 based on tickets distributed — UConn watched USF compile 503 yards, including 313 on the ground.”
The only reason that I am on the top step on this topic is that we saw lots of estimates from the press after the Wagner game in the high teens and others even over twenty. Ridiculous on the face of it. There were a lot of whole sections with no one sitting there and all you had to do is look at the number of empty seats between people rather than form an impression from the number of people there. I would say no more than 11K for Wagner and from the sounds of the broadcast description, "I have never seen so few people in Rentschler field for the start of a game" there were a whole lot less than at Wagner.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The only reason that I am on the top step on this topic is that we saw lots of estimates from the press after the Wagner game in the high teens and others even over twenty. Ridiculous on the face of it. There were a lot of whole sections with no one sitting there and all you had to do is look at the number of empty seats between people rather than form an impression from the number of people there. I would say no more than 11K for Wagner and from the sounds of the broadcast description, "I have never seen so few people in Rentschler field for the start of a game" there were a whole lot less than at Wagner.
Were you at either game?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom