Edsall is doing an amazing job with our culture. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Edsall is doing an amazing job with our culture.

Reaction Score
All part of the "master plan"....let's create a situation where the university has the worst possible leverage to upgrade the coach and program: no $ in the athletic dept, a 2020 schedule that is 70% open, questions about the direction of the program, etc. Then lose double digit FBS games in a row.

The next step will be to self report NCAA violations....oh wait, that was bball....

Reaction Score
All the haters on Edsall really. If we got rid of him now our team would go down the shitter. He wants to be here to re-establish a proven football team. We don’t have good recruits let him get his players in for three years. I guarantee a difference.
Go down the shitter? Where exactly are they now under Edsall?

Reaction Score
Go down the shitter? Where exactly are they now under Edsall?
With the team he inherited we should all know it was going to be bad. Honestly if we got a new coach and we still were bad. I have to say it’s not the coaches it’s the talent we have. This team isn’t ready at all for fbs football

Reaction Score
With the team he inherited we should all know it was going to be bad. Honestly if we got a new coach and we still were bad. I have to say it’s not the coaches it’s the talent we have. This team isn’t ready at all for fbs football

It's Year 3. Shouldn't we see some evidence by now they are ready for FBS football?

Reaction Score
All the haters on Edsall really. If we got rid of him now our team would go down the shitter. He wants to be here to re-establish a proven football team. We don’t have good recruits let him get his players in for three years. I guarantee a difference.
Let's not hate on Edsall! Let's hate on the players.

Reaction Score
It's Year 3. Shouldn't we see some evidence by now they are ready for FBS football?
With everyone on here saying 1-11 season again I can’t believe everyone is going crazy. We know it’s a process this is going to take longer than anyone expects. Come on we really think with all the lower class man we will be going out there beating on teams.

Reaction Score
Let's not hate on Edsall! Let's hate on the players.
Well anyone can hate on Edsall he can coach all he wants but if players don’t respond it’s not on the coaching it’s on the players not being prepared

Reaction Score
With everyone on here saying 1-11 season again I can’t believe everyone is going crazy. We know it’s a process this is going to take longer than anyone expects. Come on we really think with all the lower class man we will be going out there beating on teams.
This is not a serious effort. A. discount OL coach moved to OC? No schedule progress for next year. Sorry, the admin is just going through the motions. 2.5 recruiting cycles and are RE say he has no talent by his own admission. Who has been recruiting, a magic 8ball? So tired of the lies and incompetence from the UConn admin. There is zero sense of accountability From the position coaches all the way up to the board of trustees. It’s failure culture.

Reaction Score

They weren't playing the 67 Packers, that was USF. They are not much more talented than what Edsall put out there. But they caught some 50/50 balls. Made the most of their opportunity and had more than one running play.

Reaction Score
Well anyone can hate on Edsall he can coach all he wants but if players don’t respond it’s not on the coaching it’s on the players not being prepared
Dude punted three times from USF territory. Does that resemble anything else you see in coaching in 2019? Quite frankly his coaching approach sucks. I'd love to know the net field position gained on those 3 punts.

Reaction Score
Dude punted three times from USF territory. Does that resemble anything else you see in coaching in 2019? Quite frankly his coaching approach sucks. I'd love to know the net field position gained on those 3 punts.
Yet when he punted he did well and the players couldn’t put USF down the one yard line. I was at the game and the punts could have been easily pinned in their territory

Reaction Score

Guess whose job it is to prepare the players. Guess whose job it is to get the players to respond.

It’s the job of the Head Coach. Head Coaches in college ball recruit talent and play the game that he envisions.

If doesn’t work then he isn’t doing his job.

Come back when your opinion isn’t utterly useless garbage and 100% wrong.

C

Chief00

What’s the trajectory of the “process”?

C

Chief00

This is not a serious effort. A. discount OL coach moved to OC? No schedule progress for next year. Sorry, the admin is just going through the motions. 2.5 recruiting cycles and are RE say he has no talent by his own admission. Who has been recruiting, a magic 8ball? So tired of the lies and incompetence from the UConn admin. There is zero sense of accountability From the position coaches all the way up to the board of trustees. It’s failure culture.

Fair observations.

Reaction Score
Yet when he punted he did well and the players couldn’t put USF down the one yard line. I was at the game and the punts could have been easily pinned in their territory
True ... but that goes to the point ...

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The solution to punting in plus territory is to get at least one more first down. The team seems incapable of stringing together more than 3 positive plays. Much like my golf game these days.

On offense, it's either one negative run, bad pass, or sack taken that is enough to kill the drive because we can't impose our will on anyone physically. If they know we are passing or running, it's pretty much over. 2nd/3rd and long are punts waiting to happen.

On defense, it's giving up too many chunk plays or easy 3rd down passes over the middle, on any misdirection whatsoever, or any one on one with a DB.

It's the talent. Not all the talent, but so much that everyone to just doing there job is an unrealistic expectation.

I don't think Randy forgot how to identify and coach NFL caliber players. Either they won't come here or they aren't coming in enough numbers.

Then again, maybe it's the shoes. I swear half the defense gets juked or overruns the play given the bodies strewn all over the field.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Just want to know when I can hit the “ return to 09’” button!! WTF

Reaction Score
Rutgers last football coach said he had a process, they even had a Twitter campaign #trusttheprocess. They fired him last week.

Reaction Score
I'm with you, but yesterday was tough on us fans.
Honestly thought this team was better than that

Reaction Score
I am far from being an apologist and truly wish HCRE would focus less on “pay for play” and more on on-field results. That said, in RE 1.0 it was not until the 2nd half of year 4 (2002) that consistency in performance was seen. They started out 2-6 before drubbing Kent St (or FAU can’t remember which was first) on the way to a 6-6 season. The 3 years prior the team was equally unwatchable against what I would view as inferior competition compared to the team’s they play now except for the one or two Big East teams they played each year.

Besides, he ain’t going anywhere over the 2.5 years unless he decides to end it. Just grin and bear it and hope for some improvement over the next couple tears.

Reaction Score
5k watching UConn LAX, yeah that's the ticket
About what the turnstile was yesterday. They reported 11K distributed but the turnstile is always much much less. Ironically, the gorgeous football weather probably contributed to lower rather than more attendance.

Reaction Score

He drove off the few experienced players he had. He has the team he wanted.

BTW, at Maryland he inherited a 9-3 team and went 2-10 in year one. That how he changes the culture.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom