Edsall/Hurley Contracts Extended two years... | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Edsall/Hurley Contracts Extended two years...

Reaction Score
Those that want him fired now recognize that he has a history of developing lightly recruited or not highly ranked kids into great college players but wont give him the same amount of on the field work afforded him the first time. This is also while playing a full FBS schedule and with the constraints outlined by E4.

Reaction Score
Those that want him fired now recognize that he has a history of developing lightly recruited or not highly ranked kids into great college players but wont give him the same amount of on the field work afforded him the first time. This is also while playing a full FBS schedule and with the constraints outlined by E4.
REs methods are slow and calculated. Not generally accepted in today’s world. Was surprised by the hire but hope to see dividends this year. They will be better.

Reaction Score

->Salary structure of both contracts remains unchanged from the original agreements.

Edsall and the University agreed to a two-year contract extension through December 31, 2023, with compensation valued at $1,256,000 during 2021-22 contract year.

"When I hired Randy, he and I knew that rebuilding our football program was a long-term project that would require a great deal of patience," Benedict said. "My confidence in his ability to revive UConn football remains strong, and I look forward to watching a committed group of young men compete on the gridiron this fall."

"I'm very appreciative that David and the university leadership understand what goes into rebuilding a football program here at UConn," Edsall said. "We are looking to reap the benefits of the hard work that our players and coaches have put forth as we head into the 2021 season." <-

two more seasons and he is gone. To be followed soon by football itself.

Reaction Score
Football isn't going anywhere. And if it does, basketballs becomes a mid-major on it's best years.
two more seasons and he is gone. To be followed soon by football itself.
Can’t make this fan base happy no matter what you do. Thought once the basketball team was back in the big east the critics would be happy that they got what they wanted and stop bashing the football team. I guess you just can’t win here..getting tired of this endless narrative..

Reaction Score
Can’t make this fan base happy no matter what you do. Thought once the basketball team was back in the big east the critics would be happy that they got what they wanted and stop bashing the football team. I guess you just can’t win here..getting tired of this endless narrative..
I hated the idea of us going back to the BE, but then I saw the schedule Benedict was getting for the independent football schedule and I was made a believer. Full disclosure, I don't watch basketball at any level. I'll check scores or watch it if UConn is in the title game, anything beyond that I couldn't care less. But I will never miss a UConn football game when it's on.

Reaction Score
I hated the idea of us going back to the BE, but then I saw the schedule Benedict was getting for the independent football schedule and I was made a believer. Full disclosure, I don't watch basketball at any level. I'll check scores or watch it if UConn is in the title game, anything beyond that I couldn't care less. But I will never miss a UConn football game when it's on.
I agree to a point on the Big East. It drives me nuts that people pretend that the. NBE is even On the same planet as the league that existed prior to 2013-14. I think the Indy route does make it rebuilding a bit easier and I do give AD Dave kudus for the schedules he has managed to pull togther. I watch and root for the Huskies in lots of sports. And I honestly don’t get the “opposition” to having a football team. It is kind of bizarre really. Almost like those folks are scared that someone else will be successful.. I joke about it, but can you imagine how they would react if the hockey team won a national championship and the basketball team lost to LaSalle in the NIT?

Reaction Score
I agree to a point on the Big East. It drives me nuts that people pretend that the. NBE is even On the same planet as the league that existed prior to 2013-14. I think the Indy route does make it rebuilding a bit easier and I do give AD Dave kudus for the schedules he has managed to pull togther. I watch and root for the Huskies in lots of sports. And I honestly don’t get the “opposition” to having a football team. It is kind of bizarre really. Almost like those folks are scared that someone else will be successful.. I joke about it, but can you imagine how they would react if the hockey team won a national championship and the basketball team lost to LaSalle in the NIT?
Or if baseball makes it to the super regional or championship game and Hurley has a .500 record and misses both NCAA and NIT.

Reaction Score
Even if there is no financial commitment, by delaying approving or rejecting a contract extension it sends a message to Randy and to other UConn coaches: winning is important at least half of the time.
Please out of kindness supply a list of coaches of any sport at the D1 level that do not think winning is important. In all my years I have missed out on this one.
This spring may be a good time to fire Edsall.
Simply a stroke of genius with this one.
The optics also will send a message to the ACC or other P5 conferences we take athletics seriously here.
Yes! other conferences and their AD's would find firing Randy this spring knowing the dynamics and what has been going on here a brilliant move. Thus providing the fairy dust up their nose we have to get UConn on board ASAP!
No matter how much logic we send your way, you keep coming up with this drivel. This isn't even about having a conversation, your lack of desire to learn something from anyone else's posts makes it impossible to give any credence to your posts.

How dare ye apply common sense??? ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom