Edsall has to go | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Edsall has to go

Reaction Score
O.K. I made my point. I have no interest in having a debate about it ten years later for the gazillionth time.
Funny, you ask a question and then get a response and then have issues because someone responds. You need to execute better, how can the boneyard improve if we don't get better poster discipline from its self appointed sages.

Reaction Score
Funny, you ask a question and then get a response and then have issues because someone responds. You need to execute better, how can the boneyard improve if we don't get better poster discipline from its self appointed sages.

No, I have no issues with your response. What about what I said was impolite? I just made my point with the one post and don't feel the need to spend any more time on it.

In a week where the Boneyard seems to have gone mad, to the point where people are literally defending the position that Christian Vital is better than Khalid El Amin, I just don't think everything on which people disagree requires a debate.

Reaction Score
Tell me this weren't so Randy.
Here here. RE preaches character but doesn’t seem to follow his own standards. Also fills in the missing piece on how RE drove out Lashlee as I suspected from the day he left with Grimes following thereafter. The wet dishrag better bring results this year, because I think most of us are tired of his uninspired, losing faux leadership.

Reaction Score
Sure. I forgive. I think forgiveness is one of the finest human qualities. Doesn't mean I forget. I've also made a judgement about Edsall's character.
Judging is not a fine human quality.

Reaction Score
Judging is not a fine human quality.
Come on man, you're making us 68 guys sound like millennial snowflakes. Life is all about making judgements, acting on those judgements and then taking responsibility for those actions.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, Edsall put his foot in his mouth and his message was delivered poorly. I think what he was trying to say is that kids in the portal with one year of eligibility left are looking to start and he feels they should earn the starting position. Also, I think he was saying that getting a kid for one year, unless it is for a need or two, is not a good fit for culture or the LT development of the team. A kid like DJ Morgan is a two year transfer which Edsall thinks is a better fit and it is why he likes JUCOs with 2 years of eligibility left.

I didn't interpret Edsall's remarks as a shot at the kids leaving as most of the kids leaving had used 4 years of eligibility and were not projected to be key contributors in 2020. At almost every school, you leave after 4 years if you are not projected to be a key contributor. My guess he and his staff have given positive feedback to schools looking at most of the kids who are in the portal as most are good kids.

All that said, people should not have to interpret what Edsall was trying to say as he is the head coach and leader of a program that is looking for positives.
This was my interpretation as well. In a position like his Coach needs to elaborate a little more so everybody gains clarity on what he's saying. Make it a little harder for the nitpicking comments. It's way easier for folks to do that nowadays with our program considering the lack of success we've had lately.
I guarantee we'll end up with a transfer somewhere down the road. One that fits a need short term. Edsall's comment about that issue will again resurface creating a whole pointless thread (again).

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I don‘t give two craps for the whole Edsall leaving for Maryland thing. Whatever. He’s coach now. I do care when he does and says stupid things that impacts his ability to run this program and to retain and attract players. He is acting like it should be1957 and he‘s bummed out it’s 2020. Wake up and freaking adjust to the realities on the ground. He would have been a great French Calvary commander in WWII facing the German tanks.

He did a good job bringing in a nice freshman class. Unfortunately he also keeps telling us you can’t win with young players. So thats not a great result given our massive outflow of experienced players.

Reaction Score
I don‘t give two craps for the whole Edsall leaving for Maryland thing. Whatever. He’s coach now. I do care when he does and says stupid things that impacts his ability to run this program and to retain and attract players. He is acting like it should be1957 and he‘s bummed out it’s 2020. Wake up and freaking adjust to the realities on the ground. He would have been a great French Calvary commander in WWII facing the German tanks.

He did a good job bringing in a nice freshman class. Unfortunately he also keeps telling us you can’t win with young players. So thats not a great result given our massive outflow of experienced players.

Polish Calvary

Reaction Score
I keep hearing this. I don't like that he made Todman do that while he was talking to Maryland, but let me ask you two questions on the hope you'll be honest:

1. If he hadn't made Todman do that, are you o.k. with how he left?

2. If your answer to #1 is no, then can you admit that the Todman incident is irrelevant to anything other than self-centered, hypocritical behavior (meaning it's fine if you don't like Edsall for doing it but it has nothing to do with your anger over how he left)?

I don't know why we still have to debate this a decade later. Edsall had every right to leave, and the vast majority of college coaches in that situation would have bailed before the bowl game and taken the focus off their team. The fact that you're mad because of his rush to leave immediately after the Fiesta Bowl, when you would have been the first to trash him had he left on, say, December 10, is no less hypocritical than what Edsall made Todman do.
What?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom