Edsall getting abused by Bowling Green | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Edsall getting abused by Bowling Green

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Seriously doubt randy will be employed past this year. The curse of the contract extension

HuskyBarker

A Tiger is always Hungry!
Reaction Score
And Randy just got Abused by West Virginia 38 - 0 At this point Any job is a #Dreamjob for Randy lol

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Look at the remaining schedule!

Attachments

• cap2.PNG
    cap2.PNG
    189.7 KB · Views: 63

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Did something happen on Maryland's sideline today between Edsall and one of his player's dads? I heard on the radio on my drive home that he benched a TE over a uniform thing and the kid's dad gave him an earful over it.

Reaction Score
Did something happen on Maryland's sideline today between Edsall and one of his player's dads? I heard on the radio on my drive home that he benched a TE over a uniform thing and the kid's dad gave him an earful over it.
Ugh! The board knows he wasnt my favorite, but I feel for Edsall if this is true. He has had to deal with far too many over involved parents down there it seems.

Reaction Score
Right. BL is losing his edge because he calls you out and you would rather deflect than admit you were stupidly wrong.
SD, just as an outsider looking in, I don't recall Zoo ever saying that PP would do better here than RE did. Fact is, the 2011 season was going to be a disaster (ON OFFENSE) no matter who coached. We had a walk on QB. Who else has that going into a FBS season? We had a 167 LB scat back as our only skill RB. We had a dynamite defense, no question. We even beat MD that first year. I thought I read Zoo as always saying that RE had a mediocre ceiling level and he wasn't going to lead anyone to greatness. Just doesn't have it in him. Good caretaker, good place keeper, but not destined for greatness. And at his age, neither was PP.

BUT, and this is a big BUT: It was RE who left us in that lurch, near the end of recruiting season, without a head coach and left us scrambling for a head coach, and yes, we made a mistake - a big, big, consequential mistake, but that happens when you're left scrambling. You make mistakes. I feel no sympathy for RE.

Reaction Score
RE leaving was fine, he owed to himself and his family to maximize his earnings. I just didn't like the way he left. I'd take him back if we were looking for a new coach.

Reaction Score
He handled leaving about as classless as anybody could have, but he did build the program they way it should have been built. I'll never forget this, which makes it all worth it.

Reaction Score
Edall is ten games under .500 at Maryland. That figures to get worse this year.

He didn't know what he had at UConn. He was loved for for 7 and 8 win seasons in Storrs. And that's pretty much his max at Maryland. That will get him fired pretty soon at UMD. The Terp hardcore already hates his guts.

Reaction Score
Edall is ten games under .500 at Maryland. That figures to get worse this year.

He didn't know what he had at UConn. He was loved for for 7 and 8 win seasons in Storrs. And that's pretty much his max at Maryland. That will get him fired pretty soon at UMD. The Terp hardcore already hates his guts.

They canned an alum who had just gone 9-3 and won ACC Coach of the Year, which ought to tell you something about their willingness to pull the trigger on a coach.

That said, Randy's reputation was for running a squeaky clean program and graduating kids. Given the fact that Maryland did turn its back on an alum who went 9-3 and won ACC Coach of the Year, my guess is that Ralph didn't run the cleanest program in the world and that his graduation rate wasn't great.

Still, at some point, fans and alumni are going to want wins. He may already be at that point.

Reaction Score
They canned an alum who had just gone 9-3 and won ACC Coach of the Year, which ought to tell you something about their willingness to pull the trigger on a coach.

That said, Randy's reputation was for running a squeaky clean program and graduating kids. Given the fact that Maryland did turn its back on an alum who went 9-3 and won ACC Coach of the Year, my guess is that Ralph didn't run the cleanest program in the world and that his graduation rate wasn't great.

Still, at some point, fans and alumni are going to want wins. He may already be at that point.
Was at Saratoga this summer and had a Maryland alumni who seemed to somehow be connected to football program sit next to me. Said he new RE pretty well. Asked him if he thought RE needed to win this year to keep his job. He stated that they loved the way he runs program and that he is safe.
I personally find this hard to believe if he ends up going 3 -9, or 4-8, but I guess we will have to wait and see.

Reaction Score
ucjoet said:
Was at Saratoga this summer and had a Maryland alumni who seemed to somehow be connected to football program sit next to me. Said he new RE pretty well. Asked him if he thought RE needed to win this year to keep his job. He stated that they loved the way he runs program and that he is safe. I personally find this hard to believe if he ends up going 3 -9, or 4-8, but I guess we will have to wait and see.

Plank loves him, so he might be able to hang around longer than most people expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom