EDD update | The Boneyard

EDD update

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
She had 37 points and became the school's career scoring leader in 63 games (the old record was set in 113 games).

Season stats:

.579 FG %
.514 3pt %
.929 FT %
29.5 ppg
9.8 rpg
2.8 bpg

Outstanding!

tnvolfan65

Loyal LV Fan
Reaction Score
That's crazy...I know she's plying weaker competition but that also means she is the focal point of every defense she faces.

I really hope she decides to play in the WNBA and I would love it even more if she came out this year and played with Candace in L.A.

She really has an opportunity to pick if she wants to play there because if she comes out she's guaranteed to go number 1. Next year depending on the lottery, she could end up in a number of places.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
She had 37 points and became the school's career scoring leader in 63 games (the old record was set in 113 games).

Season stats:

.579 FG %
.514 3pt %
.929 FT %
29.5 ppg
9.8 rpg
2.8 bpg

Outstanding!
whats her career pts total?

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
No guarantee....imo. Nneke a possibility for #1.

Reaction Score
For EDD to actually play in the WNBA there literally has to be a team in Delaware. EDD has proven and repeatedly stated that she cannot play anywhere unless its right in her back yard. Evidently, UCONN was TOO FAR FROM HOME so she couldn;t play here.

How on earth would she manage to play if drafted by a team in the MidWest or West Coast?

Impossible, the WNBA needs to put in a team right in Newark, DE or Wilmington, DE for EDD to showcase her skills.

Reaction Score
Who cares? She left, she plays for another school. Get over it!!!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
For EDD to actually play in the WNBA there literally has to be a team in Delaware. EDD has proven and repeatedly stated that she cannot play anywhere unless its right in her back yard. Evidently, UCONN was TOO FAR FROM HOME so she couldn;t play here.

How on earth would she manage to play if drafted by a team in the MidWest or West Coast?

Impossible, the WNBA needs to put in a team right in Newark, DE or Wilmington, DE for EDD to showcase her skills.

EDDY, that is simple one of the silliest posts ever. Elena was 17 at the time she left campus and is 22 now. Folks grow and mature tremendously during that time. Her connection to Lizzie is no doubt affected by that maturity and there is no reason presently to believe Elena is not capable of playing wherever she wants and if not respect for her care for a severely challenged sibling deserves more respect.

BTW, New York and Washington are both very reasonable commutes to Delaware and would make it possible to get home regularly, plus the WNBA is only 4 months long.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
EDD also has a great marketing potential. Her looks are not awful :p and she could financially benefit from that and make more than the traditional WNBA player - allowing her to pick and choose what she wants to do - including avoiding the long playing seasons overseas.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Who cares? She left, she plays for another school. Get over it!!!

Advice you might want to give to yourself, B4. Some of us actually enjoy basketball as a whole. You most certainly don't have to, of course, so please refrain from dictating to others what they should or shouldn't care about. And feel free to avoid all posts with EDD headings -- they seem to upset you.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
whats her career pts total?
There is a thread below on EDD Chasing Jackie Stiles from about 7-10 days ago. Very roughly, she averaged 28, 26, and 30 ppg in each of her 3 seasons. Multiply about 27+ by 63 games.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
The previous record was 1675 points 113 games. Delle Donne has 354 points in 12 games this season for a 29.5 average.

Reaction Score
Advice you might want to give to yourself, B4. Some of us actually enjoy basketball as a whole. You most certainly don't have to, of course, so please refrain from dictating to others what they should or shouldn't care about. And feel free to avoid all posts with EDD headings -- they seem to upset you.
TJ, if I was upset the note would be in caps. I just don't understand the updates from each and every game of a player that left after a couple of days. I don't understand the mindset of an eighteen year old woman, even after raising two, she left, God bless her. Now on to the women that have dedicated their careers to UConn, she left us behind so let us leave her.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
TJ, if I was upset the note would be in caps. I just don't understand the updates from each and every game of a player that left after a couple of days. I don't understand the mindset of an eighteen year old woman, even after raising two, she left, God bless her. Now on to the women that have dedicated their careers to UConn, she left us behind so let us leave her.

It's ok. I don't understand the mindset of a poster who is unhappy that others are interested in a fabulous player, who posts in a clearly marked thread about that fabulous player that they're upset, then returns to reiterate their same incomprehension that others might be interested in the activities of a fabulous player.

What is it about EDD that you can't leave behind that makes you post?

Reaction Score
How much fun would it be to see UCONN/Delaware play in the NCAA tournament...ratings galore!

Reaction Score
I watched the beginning of the game with Towson and EDD was not the focus of the offense. I was impressed with the other players on her team. But, it seems that after I stopped watching, they stopped hitting their shots and EDD took over. I would still like to see how she performs against a WNBA level center or forward. I don't know if she could score consistently against a Tina or an agile 6'3" forward.

dannykuconn

Cheerman of Board
Reaction Score
For those of you who are interested in seeing Elena off the court and in a fun environment. Last night after the game at dinner she got a text to do a homework assignment to get at least 25 people and do a flash mob video. I was going to be in it but i volunteered to film it instead. Her mom stole the show with her dancing. The whole family had fun making it and was done with about 10 min of prep work and just shot. Hope some UConn fans enjoys it. I just feel so fortunate not just knowing Elena as a basketball player but as a person.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
How much fun would it be to see UCONN/Delaware play in the NCAA tournament...ratings galore!
i totally agree with this. however, if Deleware wins out, they may well end up a 3 seed. i was sort of hoping they'd be a 7/8 seed in UCONN's bracket so we could face them in the 2nd round.

as for the posters who are pro-EDD or anti-EDD - i certainly can see both sides. Personally, I wish her no ill will and respect her decision, but I'm not a fan and do not root for her to have great seasons or great success or break records, etc... on the flip side, there are a large number of posters on here who enjoy reading about her and are very interested in her career and root for her success.

i usually ignore EDD posts. and i think most posters who are "tired" of reading about her should do the same. but understand that just like we talk a lot about tennessee on this board (and this year, Baylor, ND, Stanford, Duke, RU, etc etc), there will continue be a good number of EDD related posts.

so my advice to those who are tired of EDD topics is to just simply ignore them.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think if EDD is on a good team and draws single coverage, she will excel. She is not the strongest, fastest, or toughest, but she is very long and as good a shooter as there is.

Reaction Score
For those of you who are interested in seeing Elena off the court and in a fun environment. Last night after the game at dinner she got a text to do a homework assignment to get at least 25 people and do a flash mob video. I was going to be in it but i volunteered to film it instead. Her mom stole the show with her dancing. The whole family had fun making it and was done with about 10 min of prep work and just shot. Hope some UConn fans enjoys it. I just feel so fortunate not just knowing Elena as a basketball player but as a person.

Thanks, Danny, really appreciate your sharing this. Yes, her mom stole the show and it looked like a lot of fun. Tell her that we wish her well from here.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I watched the beginning of the game with Towson and EDD was not the focus of the offense. I was impressed with the other players on her team. But, it seems that after I stopped watching, they stopped hitting their shots and EDD took over. I would still like to see how she performs against a WNBA level center or forward. I don't know if she could score consistently against a Tina or an agile 6'3" forward.

When Elena was trying out for the World University team in Colorado this past summer an unbiased observer took all the action in and declared that she was the best of all the candidates there. Nneke was one of those candidates...as were other top level collegians [small and big]. Toss in that during her high school year on the Ursuline varsity and on her AAU teams she did in fact score consistently against the best bigs in the land....including but not limited to Tina Charles.

After the USA won the gold medal in the World Championships in China the coach of our team [Bill Fennelly] lauded Nneke and Skylar for their leadership abilities and felt that their past USA experiences had enabled them in that area.
He went on to say that our best player was 'the kid from Delaware'.

AllAmerRedHeads

Barnstorming America author
Reaction Score
I am glad to seen her have done so well. I care. I love the game first! UConn just happens to be the team I cheer for.

I hope she continues to have an excellent year and I look forward to seeing her in the WNBA.

And if Uconn should get to play Delaware in the tournament, I hope we win but that she and Delaware have a great game. Their attendance has increased, bringing in more fans.

As far as I am concerned, everyone ended up a winner here, including Womens Basketball

Reaction Score

it's obvious, now, where elena has gotten all of her moves on the court from. not dad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom