ECU Postgame | Page 4 | The Boneyard

ECU Postgame

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I thought Phee was Phee-nomenal in the first half. She almost matched Tiffany's team record for points in a half. Phee and Liv carried us. Crystal and Meg were mediocre in the first half and Christyn was a no-show. But everyone got involved in the second half. Meg had a double-double, and Christyn turned aggressive. She scored all 16 of her points after the break. All I ask is that she put up 16 each half!

I was sitting 6 rows off the floor thanks to Eric's parents. Liv's length was obvious. She was looking like Stewie on defense.

It was good to see Danny and his son and OCHoops.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
When was the last time we had 3 players in double figures ...IN REBOUNDS?

View attachment 40737

Outstanding!

Me thinks they really wanted Lou to know that they had her back.
Okay but here's something else unusual on the stat sheet: Only 16 assists on 36 field goals. Normally, UConn averages about 65% assists-to-FGs. I'm sure someone will explain it to me.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
UPDATE - Saturday March 9 - The Samuelson & Collier watch as they try to pass #3 Tina Charles (2346) on the UConn career scoring list.

They were ranked #4 (Lou) and #5 (Pheesa) on the career scoring list through the Houston game.

Monday (post USF) - Lou DNP remains at 2259 pts. Needs 88 pts to pass Charles.
Monday (post USF) - Collier +16 points. 16+2198 = 2214. Needs 133 pts to pass Charles.

Saturday (post ECU) - Lou DNP remains at 2259 career points. Needs 88 pts needed to pass Charles.
Saturday (post ECU) - Collier 2214 + 37 = 2251 career points. Needs 95 pts needed to pass Charles.

Collier will pass Lou in the first half (quarter) of the USF game in career points. She can catch Charles. They will flip-flop on the career scoring list. I think Lou has missed too many games to catch Charles now. I predict Collier will finish #3, Charles drops to #4 and Lou drops to #5. Collier needs to average 24 pts over the next 4 games to pass Charles. Only 19 ppg over 5 games to pass Charles. It would not surprise me if Collier scores at least 25 against USF.

The blueprint for today's game will not change. Take the best shot possible, score, play good defense, make stops, get rebounds and limit USF to one shot per possession...............and NO FOULS!! A double-double for Napheesa for sure. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I thought Phee was Phee-nomenal in the first half. She almost matched Tiffany's team record for points in a half. Phee and Liv carried us. Crystal and Meg were mediocre in the first half and Christyn was a no-show. But everyone got involved in the second half. Meg had a double-double, and Christyn turned aggressive. She scored all 16 of her points after the break. All I ask is that she put up 16 each half!

I was sitting 6 rows off the floor thanks to Eric's parents. Liv's length was obvious. She was looking like Stewie on defense.

It was good to see Danny and his son and OCHoops.

Just imagine for a moment how "consistently" good she will be the next 3 years. She's still got some things to figure out, but I think that leap will be made come November. The post season experience she's getting will only accelerate her development. She played a career high 36 minutes tonight and did not foul out. THAT in its self is impressive. They may need her on the floor late in the game these next two. :cool:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
UPDATE - Saturday March 9 - The Samuelson & Collier watch as they try to pass #3 Tina Charles (2346) on the UConn career scoring list.

They were ranked #4 (Lou) and #5 (Pheesa) on the career scoring list through the Houston game.

Monday (post USF) - Lou DNP remains at 2259 pts. Needs 88 pts to pass Charles.
Monday (post USF) - Collier +16 points. 16+2198 = 2214. Needs 133 pts to pass Charles.

Saturday (post ECU) - Lou DNP remains at 2259 career points. Needs 88 pts needed to pass Charles.
Saturday (post ECU) - Collier 2214 + 37 = 2251 career points. Needs 95 pts needed to pass Charles.

Collier will pass Lou in the first half (quarter) of the USF game in career points. She can catch Charles. They will flip-flop on the career scoring list. I think Lou has missed too many games to catch Charles now. I predict Collier will finish #3, Charles drops to #4 and Lou drops to #5. Collier needs to average 24 pts over the next 4 games to pass Charles. Only 19 ppg over 5 games to pass Charles. It would not surprise me if Collier scores at least 25 against USF. A double-double for sure. :cool:
From Pheesa's sophomore year, she is tied with Maya for the third highest point total in a season. Maya is also first (her senior year) and Stewie is second. Pheesa can move into third alone and possibly second. She really is having a NPOY-type season.

Reaction Score
From Pheesa's sophomore year, she is tied with Maya for the third highest point total in a season. Maya is also first (her senior year) and Stewie is second. Pheesa can move into third alone and possibly second. She really is having a NPOY-type season.
She is also on pace to break Tina’s single season rebound record. Would just need 5 more games at her average to do that. What a year!

Reaction Score
It was fun to watch the game with a couple of friends. One had never seen a game live (and rarely watched on TV) and the other hadnt been to a game in years. We were behind the UConn bench (way behind!) and they were as captivated watching the bench as the game. We chuckled over Geno's expressive hands in team huddles. Geno coached Christyn hard whenever he pulled her aside or out of the game - very intense! Enjoyed watching Geno demonstrate to a ref how Megan didnt travel. And Lou gave quite a long and impassioned speech to the team before the second half (TV didnt show half of it!) Seemed to work!

We all marveled at Pheesa and were impressed by Liv's length, rebounding and shot blocking (Probably I was more impressed knowing how far she has come!)

Reaction Score
With the minutes played, our starters are all banged up at this time of the year. I shudder to think of the hits Pheesa and Crystal Dangerfield in every game. Lou was a target in every game she played.

Reaction Score
It's a near goose bumps moment for me to hear the crowd respond to a made Molly three. It's nice to have something special in this world to get a good feeling about.
Molly's problem is mental. If only she would take time to look for her shot before getting rid of the ball in a hurry, she would be a different player. The team needs her. Pretty sure coaches told her the same thing, but habits are hard to break.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Thanks! I've looked at the scoring and assist stats lately but not the rebounding stats.

Tina's record is 372 in her senior year. That's 1 more than Rebecca's best (worst post player in America) and Stef's best (can maybe jump over a sheet of paper). Pheesa had 336 in her sophomore year. After today's USF game, she now has 331. She has between 2 and 7 games remaining. I think she can approach 400. The higher she pushes that stat, the better our chances of winning.

She's a machine ... with a wonderful personality.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom