ECU away games | The Boneyard

ECU away games

Reaction Score
Hello all, fairly new here but wanted to post this. I know there are a lot of fans here in NC (met a bunch at the game) so here's a heads up. ECU is a general admission ticket!!! There are perhaps 2-300 ECU fans and over 3,000 UConn fans so we rule the place. Tickets are cheap and the drive is easy from DC in the north, Savanah in the south and Atlanta to the west. To all my mid-Atlantic Huskies out there, lets look for this game on next years schedule!!! We can plan a dinner the night before at the team hotel for all of us and have a great time!!! Who's in?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Hello all, fairly new here but wanted to post this. I know there are a lot of fans here in NC (met a bunch at the game) so here's a heads up. ECU is a general admission ticket!!! There are perhaps 2-300 ECU fans and over 3,000 UConn fans so we rule the place. Tickets are cheap and the drive is easy from DC in the north, Savanah in the south and Atlanta to the west. To all my mid-Atlantic Huskies out there, lets look for this game on next years schedule!!! We can plan a dinner the night before at the team hotel for all of us and have a great time!!! Who's in?
I'll think about it. I can drive from DC.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Alot of great Eastern Style NC BBQ places in and around the Greenville area. I plan to hit a few up this summer.... then again... Ive been saying that for the past 20 years Head bang

Reaction Score
Does Greenville do vinegar base or mustard base sauce? I like tomato base sauce.

Reaction Score
I'll visit friends in New Bern, NC after the game...about an hour and a half away!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Does Greenville do vinegar base or mustard base sauce? I like tomato base sauce.

Greenville is firmly Eastern NC Style which is vinegar based. Mustard Base is pretty much South Carolina. Lexington Style aka Western NC Style is Tomato based.

Im not exactly quite sure where the crossover begins.... but its probably the Raleigh-Durham area.

Not to derail this thread.... but I grew up on Lexington Style BBQ.......while its great.... I have had Eastern Style before.... there are a few chain restaurants (Cookout and Smithfield's) that serve Eastern Style in the Piedmont and western areas of the state. I'll do some further research this summer as to which style I prefer. I do strongly prefer eastern style (mayo-based) slaw as opposed to western style (tomato based) slaw. So what I do is buy western style bbq and purchase eastern style slaw from another establishment :eek:

Last edited:
Reaction Score

It's vinegar east of the triangle but a lot of places don't put it on but bring it to you as a side.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately vinegar but you can find some sweeter. The Hilton the team stays at actually has one of the top restaurants in town.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Alot of great Eastern Style NC BBQ places in and around the Greenville area. I plan to hit a few up this summer.... then again... Ive been saying that for the past 20 years Head bang
Maybe great Eastern Style NC BBQ places, but not great BBQ. Once you leave Missouri there is no such thing as great BBQ.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Maybe great Eastern Style NC BBQ places, but not great BBQ. Once you leave Missouri there is no such thing as great BBQ.

Folks in Memphis, Texas, NC and a few other places would beg to differ :mad:

Reaction Score
Does this game have a date yet? We'll come up from Myrtle Beach.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Folks in Memphis, Texas, NC and a few other places would beg to differ :mad:
I know. I know about Memphis but have NEVER heard of any kind of BBQ in NC. Live and learn.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Well, the drive from San Diego would be a bit arduous for me but I love the idea of a Boneyard gathering. Has anyone ever planned a Boneyard reunion, maybe around Senior Day, where everyone goes out to dinner the night before the game and then sits together at Gampel?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I know. I know about Memphis but have NEVER heard of any kind of BBQ in NC. Live and learn.

Sad-Puppy.jpg

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
On our drive from Key West to Worcester in May, Colleen & I made it a point to have BBQ in every state we passed through. Didn't manage it in our short time in NY but got the rest.

It was hardly a scientific survey -- mostly we drove til we were hungry, then stopped at a likely-looking place that had BBQ on their sign or in the window. But the best BBQ I had in that period was in Savannah, at a place called Blowin' Smoke BBQ. Molasses & light vinegar base suited my taste buds to a T. Good live music, too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom