Eastern Michigan | The Boneyard

Eastern Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Less than a minute from taking down Michigan. Derrick Dial memories come flooding back.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
hey, at least we're not Michigan right?

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
They shouldn't worry they only have to go to Arizona next.

Reaction Score
Penfield said:
hey, at least we're not Michigan right?

Michigan has recently been in the national title game, they're slumping early this year with 3 losses, their last two losses were one-possession games at home, their last loss was to an in state rival despite only allowing 45 points, and they're in the Big 10.

I wish we were just a little more like them.

Reaction Score
Michigan has recently been in the national title game, they're slumping early this year with 3 losses, their last two losses were one-possession games at home, their last loss was to an in state rival despite only allowing 45 points, and they're in the Big 10.

I wish we were just a little more like them.
UConn won the national title last year and is slumping early. Yes we would all like to be in the Big 10 but Michigan's last 2 losses are rancid. NJIT is known as the worst program in D1, jealous of Michigan being in the Big 10 but any UConn basketball fan that wants to be anything like Michigan in hoops is bonkers.

Reaction Score
What's interesting is that Eastern Michigan is Syracuse-light - they're coached by a Cuse guy, they play the 2-3 zone, etc. Of course, they don't have 6'9'' guys flying all over the court like Syracuse does. But only one of those teams went into Ann Arbor and got a win.

Reaction Score
Coppin has some 6-8's that can clog wit zone

no cakewalk for dis Iditerod challenged sledteam

Reaction Score
I know we aren't making fun of Michigan's mess, are we? Our glass house is still under construction.

Reaction Score
ugh chap just give it a rest, really

Cant stand reading legitimate posts and then while scrolling down I get to one with purposefully awful prose, spelling, littered with the term "sledteam" and I am forced to sigh before scrolling down past it.

mods, please make a dummy forum where he can post and words from our posts are randomly re-ordered and posted there as responses. He will make perfect sense of them, he will be happy, its basically a forum version of a mental institution

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
I was just trying to lighten the mood a bit, but I guess it was "too soon".

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
ugh chap just give it a rest, really

Cant stand reading legitimate posts and then while scrolling down I get to one with purposefully awful prose, spelling, littered with the term "sledteam" and I am forced to sigh before scrolling down past it.

mods, please make a dummy forum where he can post and words from our posts are randomly re-ordered and posted there as responses. He will make perfect sense of them, he will be happy, its basically a forum version of a mental institution
Put him on ignore. Haven't seen one of his posts in months.

Reaction Score
I know we aren't making fun of Michigan's mess, are we? Our glass house is still under construction.
The thing is, we can accessorize our glass house with two National Championship trophies from the last 4 years. So unless Michigan won the other two, I'm probably going to make fun of them if I want. They lost to a team that doesn't even have seats on one side of their gym.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Misery loves company. If we are having a rough time I usually enjoy seeing other programs (Michigan, Cuse, PC) having a tough time too. Maybe it's just me though.

Reaction Score
Misery loves company. If we are having a rough time I usually enjoy seeing other programs (Michigan, Cuse, PC) having a tough time too. Maybe it's just me though.
Me, too. Losing to Yale sucked, but then I can say well at least we didn't lose to NJIT.

pj

Reaction Score
You gotta remember that only about half of gurleyman's posts are serious.

OK, which half of this post was serious?

I was always pretty sure that his name was only half serious, but I couldn't tell which half -- the gurl or the man.

Reaction Score
Who is more likely to make the tourney, Michigan or UConn? Michigan has a recent history of performing badly in the non-conference, but really well in conference, so you'd almost give the edge to Michigan. But, all UConn needs to do is win a super-winnable AAC tourney here in Hartford, whereas UM has a tough conference tourney with Wisconsin waiting. So I give the edge to UConn, although only slightly.

Reaction Score
pj said:
OK, which half of this post was serious? I was always pretty sure that his name was only half serious, but I couldn't tell which half -- the gurl or the man.

Grew up on Gurleyville Road (down a hill and up a hill from UConn's campus), and Hans+Franz (where the phrase came from) was a popular SNL skit from my college days, so it worked as a generational reference as well. My last handle was actually specific to the area I was living in at the time, and then I moved, so it didn't make any sense any more. This one will work until I vacate my earthly vessel, or UConn stops playing sports, whatever comes first.

As for the last post, the serious part is that I really wish we had our conference situation all locked and in place (I'd prefer Big 10, but understand we are in full beggar mode when it comes to choosing our home). I don't, however, want to be Michigan's basketball program right now or equate it to ours in recent history (they lost the title game in 2013, and while EMU and Yale are perfect parallels, NJIT and Texas aren't quite so much).

However, I can't help but think of a scene from Airplane where the flight attendant, fearing the end is near, is all sad about never getting married. Another woman (who didn't hear the conversation) strolls by and says, "I've never been so scared in my life, but at least I have a husband." I feel like when we experience a little schadenfreude, a Michigan or whoever can say, "We've never had a worse loss, but at least we have a conference."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom