Eastern Michigan beat Illinois in Illinois | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Eastern Michigan beat Illinois in Illinois

Reaction Score
People are so desperate for any sign of progress that they will jump on it based on us losing to Illinois by 8 -- completely ignoring the fact that Illinois is truly awful.

Probably most concerning is a couple of our players were so satisfied with this closer than expected loss they felt the need to run to twitter to call out fans for leaving early.

Reaction Score
Probably most concerning is a couple of our players were so satisfied with this closer than expected loss they felt the need to run to twitter to call out fans for leaving early.
The students needed to be called out (and I usually have their back!). No reason to leave that game at halftime!!
The players were out there busting their a$$e$ and the students couldn't even stick around and get drunk in the stands. They had to do it in the parking lot. Weak.

Reaction Score
C. Connecticut - 15
E. Michigan - 28

11:36 Q4 - Lightning Delay

I’ve been watching them this afternoon on ESPN3. They looked good at the start of the game. Unfortunately, the offense hasn’t been able to move the ball down field in second half. Hopefully they come out playing after the delay.

Reaction Score
I’ve been watching them this afternoon on ESPN3. They looked good at the start of the game. Unfortunately, the offense hasn’t been able to move the ball down field in second half. Hopefully they come out playing after the delay.
Agreed. At least they’ll pick up a nice payday. And they’ll (hopefully) cover that 32.5 point spread!

Reaction Score
Agreed. At least they’ll pick up a nice payday. And they’ll (hopefully) cover that 32.5 point spread!

TURNOVER! Exciting game! CCSU just picked it off, down 6 with 7 mins to go in 4th

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Nice... any perfect games/no-hitters currently going on you want to discuss?

did nebraska and illinois start yet? maybe i can jinx lovie another week on the job

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Nice... any perfect games/no-hitters currently going on you want to discuss?

you do know that i did call that ucf could trip on a rake today

Reaction Score
We are a cursed program. Had opportunity to win big games and make National statement and choke. I'm miserable thinking about what could have been.

2000 NCAA Tourney vs. Iowa State and the program never went higher.

EMU isn't a world beater, but that would have out CCSU on notice that it could win big game.

We can't have nice things in New Britain. Ever.
:(

Reaction Score
I boneyard jinxed central they got their punt with :18 seconds left blocked for a td. you cant make up that loss

JFC, I lost the game feed just before the CCSU pick and was following the 'Yard when I saw your post that they had won, so I thought THE GAME WAS OVER. lol

Unbelievable. The Yard jinx is absofreakinlutely REAL.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We are a cursed program. Had opportunity to win big games and make National statement and choke. I'm miserable thinking about what could have been.

EMU isn't a world beater, but that would have out CCSU on notice that it could win big game.

Brutal loss. I'm a CCSU alum too, so I feel your pain. Also been closely attached to UConn football since their FBS jump, so we've gotten used to misery & futility around here the last 8-9 years or so. Pull up a barstool - you always got a home here.

Reaction Score

If ever there was a loss that summed up being a CCSU fan this was it. Instead of watching the game I should have just walked to my neighbor’s house and asked him to kick me in the nuts as hard as he could. Woulda been quicker and less painful.

Reaction Score
So if CCSU beats EMU this weekend do they get a B10 invite?
What a game. CCSU blew it. Blocked punt and return with 17 seconds left.

Wouldn't want to be the CCSU ST Coach.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom