OT: - East Carolina beats #5 Houston | The Boneyard

OT: East Carolina beats #5 Houston

Reaction Score
“Just shows the strength of the league top to bottom”
No lie, one of the commentators brought that up. Had to go back and here’s what he said:

“How about the strength of the American, Chris? You got Houston, #1 in the conference, 15-1 record, #5 in the country, you know, East Carolina, 7-6 overall, 1-6 in conference, but you look out here, both teams, so much talent, really on opposite ends of the rankings, but the Pirates, they’ve been the dominant program here tonight doing all the little things well and this is a defining win if they can pull it off here for East Carolina.”

Listening live, you could tell he was struggling to finish that thought.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
No lie, one of the commentators brought that up. Had to go back and here’s what he said:

“How about the strength of the American, Chris? You got Houston, #1 in the conference, 15-1 record, #5 in the country, you know, East Carolina, 7-6 overall, 1-6 in conference, but you look out here, both teams, so much talent, really on opposite ends of the rankings, but the Pirates, they’ve been the dominant program here tonight doing all the little things well and this is a defining win if they can pull it off here for East Carolina.”

To be fair, the people they have announcing most games on ESPN NEWS struggle finishing a coherent thought.

But some fans still think having Bill Raftery calling our Tuesday night games on FS1 is a downgrade to the AAC...

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
We should be doing cartwheels that we missed the ESPN+ stuff. The quality of the broadcasts is flat out awful. It’s like watching local high school football as far as production quality.

The AAC likely being a one bid league after we left is just too funny. I really haven’t paid much attention outside of Memphis/Penny schadenfreude, but its nice to see it wasn’t just our bitterness influencing our view that the league was trash.

Reaction Score
Per KenPom, Houston was a 16-point favorite in this game and loses by 9. Ouch.
Guys, let’s not pretend it has never happened before. UMBC over Virginia, George Freakin’ Mason over UConn come immediatelt to mind. Oh and D2 LeMoyne beat Syracuse a few years ago. One of the Patrick Ewing Georgetown teams lost to Chaminade which was D3 at the time. Let’s not pretend this is anything but one of those things. Houston is a very good basketball team.

Reaction Score
We should be doing cartwheels that we missed the ESPN+ stuff. The quality of the broadcasts is flat out awful. It’s like watching local high school football as far as production quality.

The AAC likely being a one bid league after we left is just too funny. I really haven’t paid much attention outside of Memphis/Penny schadenfreude, but its nice to see it wasn’t just our bitterness influencing our view that the league was trash.
The thing that pains me is how little our being there or not really impacted the number of bids the league recd. cannot take away the natty for sure, but we made the tournament twice (I think) while we were there.
still glad to be gone from the AAC though.

Reaction Score
The thing that pains me is how little our being there or not really impacted the number of bids the league recd. cannot take away the natty for sure, but we made the tournament twice (I think) while we were there.
still glad to be gone from the AAC though.
Part of the issue is the AAC is a weaker league and doesn't get any respect from the committee. Even when we made the tournament in the AAC we had a low seed because they considered us a mid major. We absolutely had our down years while in the AAC, but the AAC wasn't doing us any favors either with getting bids. In the Big East we will get the benefit of the doubt more often come selection time.

So it's hard to say UConn didn't have an impact on the number of bids the AAC received, because we were playing an AAC schedule and were getting the same mid-major treatment as the rest of the league.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

One of many huge changes in our conference switch is the production quality of the broadcast. AAC announcers are godawful on ESPN.

Reaction Score
To be fair, the people they have announcing most games on ESPN NEWS struggle finishing a coherent thought.

But some fans still think having Bill Raftery calling our Tuesday night games on FS1 is a downgrade to the AAC...
Whoa whoa whoa, who thinks that?

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Tough loss for Rutgers south but the apologists are out in full force on Twitter. Apparently it’s ok for a top 5 team to get pantsed at ECU because it was a “trap” game.

Reaction Score
Good for ECU. A few years ago ECU had the best football team in N. Carolina. That's why they play the game.

Reaction Score
isnt it obvious? you're up there with freeescooter and palatine as biggest aac zealots
I'll paypal you $10 if you find post where I say anything good about the AAC as a conference in the last two years. Given your IQ and time spent here my bet is you probably need it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom