Early URI thread | The Boneyard

Early URI thread

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
They won by a lot today. We are a weak weak team. Can we beat them? What happens if we lose to FCS URI at home?

Reaction Score
Will there be a line set for this game? Could we be home dogs to URI? Scary times

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Not sure this game deserves a thread. If they are winning at half time then we turn the thread on.

Reaction Score
We’re needed now more than ever.
I'm still going Saturday, I'm a glutton for punishment it seems. Planning on dragging a few friends along as well.
Btw, if anyone was planning on doing some Nike-esque burning of their URI tickets after tonight's performance, let me know instead so I don't have to find tickets in the parking lot.

Reaction Score
If anyone ever told me I’d be happy to skip a UCONN game to drive 2+ hours to a DIII cross country meet I would have thought them crazy.

But here we are.

Reaction Score
If you have ticket you are going. End of story. Unless we are getting lashed by the remnants of Florence. Then maybe not.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I'm going to buy a six of Naragansett tall boys for this one.

If you have ticket you are going. End of story. Unless we are getting lashed by the remnants of Florence. Then maybe not.

My wife and her tiny BFF sat with their rain suits through 3 quarters of PSU's drubbing of Pitt last night in horizontal rain from Hurricane Gordon remnants (and it's gonna rain and blow here straight through Mon night). And she's not sturdy New England stock. So man up and head to the Rent. You got this.

Reaction Score
I'm going to buy a six of Naragansett tall boys for this one.

My wife and her tiny BFF sat with their rain suits through 3 quarters of PSU's drubbing of Pitt last night in horizontal rain from Hurricane Gordon remnants (and it's gonna rain and blow here straight through Mon night). And she's not sturdy New England stock. So man up and head to the Rent. You got this.
They were watching football. We will be watching something else with lower entertainment value.

Reaction Score
I'm still going Saturday, I'm a glutton for punishment it seems. Planning on dragging a few friends along as well.
Btw, if anyone was planning on doing some Nike-esque burning of their URI tickets after tonight's performance, let me know instead so I don't have to find tickets in the parking lot.
UConn is giving tickets away at breakneck speed..... the question is will people even go with free tix?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
They were watching football. We will be watching something else with lower entertainment value.

Were they? You do realize PSU took Pitt to the woodshed to deliver a beating worse than UCF did UConn.

Reaction Score
Were they? You do realize PSU took Pitt to the woodshed to deliver a beating worse than UCF did UConn.
Well then I stand corrected. You married a crazy woman if she is a Pitt alum.

Reaction Score
This game shapes up as a contest between what appears to be a pretty good FCS team and the equivalent of a very bad FCS team (us). URI will come in feeling confident and believing they will win. Our guys, well, who knows where their heads will be after these two brutal beatdowns. Advantage URI.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
If anyone ever told me I’d be happy to skip a UCONN game to drive 2+ hours to a DIII cross country meet I would have thought them crazy.

But here we are.

They probably have better tackling form than our defense

Reaction Score
Fans need to show up for the URI game. I don’t blame them for not wanted to but the URI game is the biggest of the year. If UConn loses this one it may be a complete season implosion...like an 0-11 kinda of disaster. I will watch every UConn snap this season even if I’d rather be receiving a full body waxing.

Sure it’s easy to ask how a once competitive program could become so bad that winning against a FCS school at home is a stressor but it doesn’t change the reality. That is where we are now.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
This game will play out like the Stony Brook game a few years ago. If we're lucky.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
This game will play out like the Stony Brook game a few years ago. If we're lucky.

The only positive about these kids being so young is that they don't have the "bad times rolodex" that the fans have. If the game gets off to a good start, they might start to roll with it. We fans are the ones who are desperate to wash the taste of losing out of our mouths. Let's hope for a great first quarter and go from there...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom