Early URI thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Early URI thread

Reaction Score
I went to the URI game Saturday. The kids on their radio station said it was the biggest crowd they have seen while at the school(they are both seniors).
Sat next to some of their former players and they think URI has a good team this year. They do have a big receiver in #81 who jumps well and really goes after the ball.
They had trouble getting to the Albany QB who happens to be Vinny Testaverde's kid, little pressure up the middle and he was able to step up into the pocket. Their OL is shorter but for a tall ROT #77, all around 300Lbs. Their QB was accurate this game but not big arm, about as big as Pindell but not the runner with the ball in his hands . We should be able to protect Pindell and he should be able to run wild against these guys if he chooses. Think Davis would have a good game if targeted not as sure about the WRs. Lots of woulds and shoulds because its a far different level of opponent. Looking how the DL and LBs play.

Reaction Score
I went to the URI game Saturday. The kids on their radio station said it was the biggest crowd they have seen while at the school(they are both seniors).
Sat next to some of their former players and they think URI has a good team this year. They do have a big receiver in #81 who jumps well and really goes after the ball.
They had trouble getting to the Albany QB who happens to be Vinny Testaverde's kid, little pressure up the middle and he was able to step up into the pocket. Their OL is shorter but for a tall ROT #77, all around 300Lbs. Their QB was accurate this game but not big arm, about as big as Pindell but not the runner with the ball in his hands . We should be able to protect Pindell and he should be able to run wild against these guys if he chooses. Think Davis would have a good game if targeted not as sure about the WRs. Lots of woulds and shoulds because its a far different level of opponent. Looking how the DL and LBs play.
Thanks for the first relatively objective view of URI based on actual observation.

In the end, the game is a must win for the kids’ (and our) psyche. Given the points made by others regarding their relative experience vs. our relative (supposed) athleticism, my gut tells me this is going to be like Stonybrook and Holy Cross. Actually, both of those teams ended up being sub .500 while URI is showing early signs of competing for the FCS playoffs. I’m now even more nervous about Saturday. Hope @Duncan Idaho is right!

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
This is the wrong thread for it, but Boise seems destine for finishing in the top 5 this year and UCF in the top 10. Lots of football left of course.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
We can very well lose to URI on Saturday. And if we do, I want the videoboard to run basketball season ticket campaigns NON-STOP during the second half...with Hurley's big smiling face - wearing the prestigious UConn gear - staring straight into the visitor's sidelines.

Reaction Score
We can very well lose to URI on Saturday. And if we do, I want the videoboard to run basketball season ticket campaigns NON-STOP during the second half...with Hurley's big smiling face - wearing the prestigious UConn gear - staring straight into the visitor's sidelines.

@Dooley

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom