Early SEC 23-24 season predictions | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Early SEC 23-24 season predictions

Reaction Score
The whole point of these tournaments is to get younger players experience in international l play, playing for team USA. Why would they give the opportunity to a player they will never send to the Olympics or any other big international competition?

Reaction Score
The whole point of these tournaments is to get younger players experience in international l play, playing for team USA. Why would they give the opportunity to a player they will never send to the Olympics or any other big international competition?
IMO FIBA should add a U21 tournament like they did with 3x3. In that way, the US can leave tournaments like the Americup to the semi-pros/professionals.

Reaction Score
IMO FIBA should add a U21 tournament like they did with 3x3. In that way, the US can leave tournaments like the Americup to the semi-pros/professionals.
But why? Why would USA want to do that is my point? The pros that will be on Olympic and World Cup teams are playing in the WNBA. They got younger players experience against grown teams which will only help USA basketball in the future. Even if there was a U21 tournament they would still send this level of player because getting older players that will never compete or an Olylmpic team experience doesn't help them in any way shape or form. JMO though.

Reaction Score
But why? Why would USA want to do that is my point? The pros that will be on Olympic and World Cup teams are playing in the WNBA. They got younger players experience against grown teams which will only help USA basketball in the future. Even if there was a U21 tournament they would still send this level of player because getting older players that will never compete or an Olylmpic team experience doesn't help them in any way shape or form. JMO though.

FIBA has U20 and U23 age groups that compete in Europe. It's definitely possible. Canada Basketball took advantage and created an event for the U23 category so they could continue to develop their pool of players beyond the U19 age group.

There are benefits to this approach in several areas:

1). Continues development of players beyond U19. Yes, there's NCAA but it's not FIBA and players need to adjust which was evident with this tournament.

2). Opening it to players who have graduated and are playing overseas, helps USA basketball keep an eye on sleepers who may not come across their path otherwise. It's not fair to assume these players aren't capable. And they already do this with their 3x3 teams based on the rosters I've seen.

3). There are some who don't believe NCAA players should be involved in these tournaments for various reasons. Going in this direction eliminates those concerns about potential injuries, team bonding, skill development, etc.

4). These same NCAA players will eventually graduate and may need opportunities to compete at a higher level. With how the FIBA calendar works this could be an option that helps them remain sharp and get exposure to play pro somewhere else.

Reaction Score
1. South Carolina (Kings until proven otherwise)
2. Tennessee (Harper has program rolling)
3. LSU (Kim is never going to beat Dawn while at LSU)
4. Ole Miss (Coach Yo doing work)
5. Miss St
6. Alabama
7. A&M
8. Arkansas
9. Vanderbilt
10. Georgia
11. Missouri
12. Auburn
13. Florida
14. Kentucky (Elzy is a sinking ship right now)
I am just seeing this. I actually think that with equal talent, Kim is a better coach. Although, I think SC will be much better than people think and I wouldn't be shocked if they beat LSU. Cardoso is that good and SC has one thing LSU does not have, a PG. Raven Johnson will be the best PG in the SEC and I think Cardoso will be the most dominant player.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Any list that has Tennessee over LSU is a complete joke.
Ring Ring Yes GIF by Great Big Story

Reaction Score
I think SC is going to be really, really good.

Reaction Score
Any list that has Tennessee over LSU is a complete joke.
I pretty much agree. I'm high on Tennessee but LSU is the defending champs with the accomplished coach. I do think Rickea Jackson may be the best player between the two teams but I think LSU has the edge in terms of potential starting units

Tenlsu
T.KeyA Reese
Jackson A Morrow
Sarah PucketPoole
J.SpearFlau'Jae
WellsHailey Van Lith

Reaction Score
I pretty much agree. I'm high on Tennessee but LSU is the defending champs with the accomplished coach. I do think Rickea Jackson may be the best player between the two teams but I think LSU has the edge in terms of potential starting units

Tenlsu
T.KeyA Reese
JacksonA Morrow
Sarah PucketPoole
J.SpearFlau'Jae
WellsHailey Van Lith
Sa'Myah Smith (who I see being a starter), Poa, and Mikayla Williams (starter come tournament time). Mulkey>Harper which is not even close. Again, a JOKE!

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
LSU has already pretty much announced their starting lineup with the flyers they put in Morrow's hotel room.

Reese
Morrow
M. Williams
Johnson
Hailey Van Lith

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
What is everyone's prediction for SEC player of the year? Who do you think will be in the running?

I've got a feeling it will be a battle between Angel Reece, Kamilla Cardoso and Rikea Jackson.
Well, considering last years results it's probably will go to a player on the best team, not who has the best season overall.

Nene Leakes GIF

Reaction Score
Well, considering last years results it's probably will go to a player on the best team, not who has the best season overall.

Nene Leakes GIF
Then I guess I should take Angel off my list for next year.

Reaction Score
I am just seeing this. I actually think that with equal talent, Kim is a better coach. Although, I think SC will be much better than people think and I wouldn't be shocked if they beat LSU. Cardoso is that good and SC has one thing LSU does not have, a PG. Raven Johnson will be the best PG in the SEC and I think Cardoso will be the most dominant player.
Agree, SC will be better think. They lost a lot from last year, but by no means are they a sinking ship!

Reaction Score
What is everyone's prediction for SEC player of the year? Who do you think will be in the running?

I've got a feeling it will be a battle between Angel Reece, Kamilla Cardoso and Rikea Jackson.
Right now I think A Reese likely has the lead. If the starting lineup (and majority leading minutes group) is A Reese, A Morrow, M Williams, F Johnson and H Van Lith then Reese is going to have a ton of rebounds and offensive put backs.

Reaction Score
Right now I think A Reese likely has the lead. If the starting lineup (and majority leading minutes group) is A Reese, A Morrow, M Williams, F Johnson and H Van Lith then Reese is going to have a ton of rebounds and offensive put backs.
Honestly all of Reese, Morrow, and Hailey Van Lith's stats are all likely to go down if we are being realistic here.. When you add more talent and depth around you, naturally its going to happen.

Reese has been in the gym with a basketball maybe for a total of 2 weeks since April 2 for USABB. I'm not fully convinced she actually elevates her game this season beyond where it was already. As evidenced by her play in that tournament she is incredibly out of shape and half the free throws hitting the side of the backboard not in the same zip code as the rim tells me she hasn't done anything all summer with a basketball in her hand. Its been 99% traveling, partying and everything else.

It will end up being between Rickea and Cardoso. Reese may have had a strong shot at it if she worked on elevating her game this summer but she will be very behind going into the fall just to catch back up. Frankly, I will boldly predict Reese won't be LSU's best player next season.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Honestly all of Reese, Morrow, and Hailey Van Lith's stats are all likely to go down if we are being realistic here.. When you add more talent and depth around you, naturally its going to happen.

Reese has been in the gym with a basketball maybe for a total of 2 weeks since April 2 for USABB. I'm not fully convinced she actually elevates her game this season beyond where it was already. As evidenced by her play in that tournament she is incredibly out of shape and half the free throws hitting the side of the backboard not in the same zip code as the rim tells me she hasn't done anything all summer with a basketball in her hand. Its been 99% traveling, partying and everything else.

It will end up being between Rickea and Cardoso. Reese may have had a strong shot at it if she worked on elevating her game this summer but she will be very behind going into the fall just to catch back up. Frankly, I will boldly Reese won't be LSU's best player next season.
It is going to be interesting how the stats fall out with those three. Something is going to have to give somewhere.

Mississippi State is going to be in somewhat of a similar situation. Last season the likely 2023-24 starting five earned two second team All SEC, a second team Big East, and a first team Big East. The stats were as follows:
J Carter 14.8 pts and 7.7 rbs
E Barnum 15 pts and 6.6 rbs
D Rogers 16.8 pts and 5.1 ast
J Jordan 11.5 pts and 5.2 rbs
L Park-Lane 20.8 pts and 5.8 ast

Someone(s) is going to have to take a lesser role and obviously that will impact the All SEC selections.

Reaction Score
I am still giving LSU the lead on this one. It will be LSU, South Carolina, and Tennessee as the top three and then, I got Ole Miss coming in at #4. After that, it is a toss up. I hope Arkansas figures out what they are going to do. They could be a really dangerous team, so could Mississippi State. Georgia is right in that 2nd tier of teams (Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Arkansas, & Alabama). They are so packed together. Followed by Missouri, Texas A&M, Florida, Vandy, Kentucky and Auburn.

Reaction Score
I am still giving LSU the lead on this one. It will be LSU, South Carolina, and Tennessee as the top three and then, I got Ole Miss coming in at #4. After that, it is a toss up. I hope Arkansas figures out what they are going to do. They could be a really dangerous team, so could Mississippi State. Georgia is right in that 2nd tier of teams (Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Arkansas, & Alabama). They are so packed together. Followed by Missouri, Texas A&M, Florida, Vandy, Kentucky and Auburn.
I think Arkansas is going to surprise a lot of people this year. Personally, I'll be very surprised if they are not top 4. They are deep and talented.

Reaction Score
How do can you give L$U the lead in the SEC. Their front line in thin and frail. SEC is post dominated league. L$U will be in constant foul trouble with teams with big front lines. I.E. Colorado, ucla, Texas am, miss st, SC, tenn. Morris, Williams and Carson all 5th year seniors are gone now. No more morris to run point guard and control pace.

Reese 6'3 slight build
Smith 6'2 slight build
Del Rosioa 6'6 but just a freshman
Morrow 6'1 is she ready to play in the SEC.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom