Early, but Rutty kicking #8's A... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Early, but Rutty kicking #8's A...

C

Chief00

Blumenthal attack all the ACC schools, where did that get us? Same goes for Big10. It is one of the landing spots we want - no need to make the same mistake a decade later and alienate Presidents who could decide our future.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Blumenthal attack all the ACC schools, where did that get us? Same goes for Big10. It is one of the landing spots we want - no need to make the same mistake a decade later and alienate Presidents who could decide our future.

How does trash talking on a message board alienate presidents? You're insane. Take a long break.

C

Chief00

How does trash talking on a message board alienate presidents? You're insane. Take a long break.

Stairmaster, I am glad you are back from your Sid hibernation that Mau called you and others on.

Huskymedic and Stairmaster ,
Well, what happened last time? Some patronizing politician sees it as an opportunity to get votes from disgruntled sports fans, so he clumsily goes onto an arena he knows nothing about - and screws things up for 2 decades. Impacting sports revenue and quality.

Did you know even a couple years ago some ACC Presidents would not return Herbst's phone calls?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Stairmaster, I am glad you are back from your Sid hibernation that Mau called you and others on.

Huskymedic and Stairmaster ,
Well, what happened last time? Some patronizing politician sees it as an opportunity to get votes from disgruntled sports fans, so he clumsily goes onto an arena he knows nothing about - and screws things up for 2 decades. Impacting sports revenue and quality.

Did you know even a couple years ago some ACC Presidents would not return Herbst's phone calls?

This is incoherent.

Reaction Score
Rutgers will be residing in the rear in the B10 for many, many years.

So we've heard for many years, especially during the Kyle Dudd error. There's always room for improvement. Things are changing and we will improve. It's a process. Many of us know that there will be growing pains within the likes of the top division in the the top conference in the country. And we've only been here for 3 years going on 4. Its not easy.

Reaction Score
Rutgers will be residing in the rear in the B10 for many, many years.

Which still puts them miles beyond us in prestige and $$$. What is your point other than to continually pound in our sorry situation?

Reaction Score
What are they going to say to her? "Yeah, call back in several years when we might not be around anymore, cool??"

Reaction Score
The idea that anonymous fans talking trash on a college football message board is somehow similar to a high profile politician personally suing university presidents is one of the crazier things I've read in a long time. Thanks for the chuckle.

Reaction Score
That idiot Blumenthal has put all college presidents and conferences on notice that UCONN is willing to sue to get its way. Even though that is 100% not true, the perception has been sent. Blumenthal's stink has rubbed off onto UCONN.

Reaction Score
So we've heard for many years, especially during the Kyle Dudd error. There's always room for improvement. Things are changing and we will improve. It's a process. Many of us know that there will be growing pains within the likes of the top division in the the top conference in the country. And we've only been here for 3 years going on 4. Its not easy.

Sheesh

It's a cultural thing. Not just Football. There's a reason UConn rises in multiple sports - National Champs in both MBB + WBB and Soccer and Field Hockey. Add the great start and attendance in Ice Hockey. The buildup of HCRE 1.0.

You can be a rutiger and hope. Pray. Wear your damn Red sweatshirt and place a bumper sticker on. But ... there's just no excellence in New Brunswick.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The 'cultural thing' has now been eclipsed by the 'structural thing'.

It's going to be far easier to build and sustain in a power conference than it ever will be in the American.

You cannot make mistakes when you do not have the resources or the exposure of a power conference. Unfortunately, we've recently shown a fondness for making mistakes.

Reaction Score
One. I think Dave Benedict is a real find. When we were seeing great CF and rising high in the BE with HOF coaches ... we stick Jeff Hathaway in the chair. Then, I truly think Warde Manuel was a stiff. Let's hope Benedict is in Storrs a long time. And Goetz

I'm not one that thinks UConn was screwed. Or that we were destined to a Power conference ... and it's a shock that we aren't. I walk around the UConn campus this weekend and it's frigging amazing. That school was not ready in 2004. And BC - while undeserving - snaked their way in. Today, the Storrs campus is on steroids. Amazing.

The Power 5 story was we got to a musical chairs game and ... we always seemed to lack the next deciding component.

Reaction Score
Seriously I don't understand people.

We just barely beat Holy Cross and people are smack talking Rutgers?

It's time to wake up. Rutgers got their golden ticket and will take their annual basement dweller status all the way to the bank while we're stuck in G5 hell not even able to pull off playing BC at our own stadium because we need the money.

Move on folks. Until we turn it and are competitive in our own conference, no UConn fan should be talking smack

It's more than that. Will someone explain what it's so important to draw conclusions FROM THE START OF A GAME BEFORE IT'S OVER? I really don't get this. Just because you can do something (make a public statement during a game) doesn't mean that it's intelligent to do so.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
That's because Blumenthal is a complete arse
I won't go on - no political discussions here!!!!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Can we please stop this thread????
Why are we talking about a place that has turned a stand-up guy like Steve Pikiell into what seems to be a complete fake and a snake oil salesman

Reaction Score
Can we please stop this thread????
Why are we talking about a place that has turned a stand-up guy like Steve Pikiell into what seems to be a complete fake and a snake oil salesman

You seem to lack the capacity of discernment.

It's not anti-Pikiell; it's fun to ding Rutgers. In any decade. In any topic.

C

Chief00

One. I think Dave Benedict is a real find. When we were seeing great CF and rising high in the BE with HOF coaches ... we stick Jeff Hathaway in the chair. Then, I truly think Warde Manuel was a stiff. Let's hope Benedict is in Storrs a long time. And Goetz

I'm not one that thinks UConn was screwed. Or that we were destined to a Power conference ... and it's a shock that we aren't. I walk around the UConn campus this weekend and it's frigging amazing. That school was not ready in 2004. And BC - while undeserving - snaked their way in. Today, the Storrs campus is on steroids. Amazing.

The Power 5 story was we got to a musical chairs game and ... we always seemed to lack the next deciding component.

Quite frankly, I agree about Warde. He viewed his job making SH comfortable about APR - while everything else went downhill. He enjoyed watching practice and the coaches generally liked him and might have been a good plateau AD if we were already at a P5 level - but he had no clue how to get us there. Diaco was his signature hire and we all know how that went. Warde wasn't a rock star by any means.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom