OT: - EAGLES WIN!!!!!!!!!! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: EAGLES WIN!!!!!!!!!!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
BREAKING NEWS...Geno and Kia are teaching the rest of the team the Eagles fight song, while Lou refuses to sing.
More breaking news. Brady loses after winning umpteen Super Bowl's and refuses to shake anyone's hand after the game. Can't we all just get along?

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
More breaking news. Brady loses after winning umpteen Super Bowl's and refuses to shake anyone's hand after the game. Can't we all just get along?
He rarely shakes anyone's hand after a loss, he wants to go into the locker room and CRY.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
BREAKING NEWS...Geno and Kia are teaching the rest of the team the Eagles fight song, while Lou refuses to sing.
She just stands behind them and gives a consistent "thumbs down"...!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
She just stands behind them and gives a consistent "thumbs down"...!
We know Lou is a Boston Celtic fan, or more specifically a Larry Bird fan. Maybe she’s also a Patriots fan.

Reaction Score
I can’t believe it. Are you serious?

JordyG

Reaction Score
I can’t believe it. Are you serious?
He sure did. He did a blow by on Foldes and on another current QB in the hallway.

Reaction Score
But he did shake some hands.... Brady should have stayed a bit longer, it's true, and there's no excuse for his relatively poor sportsmanship. But the idea that he's not one of the mentally and physically toughest athletes in American sports history is ludicrous. The guy has icewater in his veins, and there's not a fan in the world who didn't think (or fear) that he'd once again (as he did two out of the last 3 years) win the game with a last minute touchdown.

Screen Shot 2018-02-05 at 8.37.49 PM.png

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
It was a perfect day for me. I grew up in Pittsburgh, and have stuck with the Steelers (and their record of six Super Bowl championships). So I rooted for Philly.
I always understood that rooting for the Eagles if you live in Western PA was sacrilegious?

JordyG

Reaction Score
It was a perfect day for me. I grew up in Pittsburgh, and have stuck with the Steelers (and their record of six Super Bowl championships). So I rooted for Philly.
Earlier in the day I was happy when the Celtics won on a spectacular bucket at the buzzer. I had lived in Mass. for many years at the end of my years in the service and loved the Russell era Celtics, an affection that stuck after I wound up in CT after leaving the service.
I came to CT, and fell in love with UConn, an affection that endures.
So, I had a triple header of victories on Sunday: UConn, Celtics, and Eagles.
A good day for an old fan.:)

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
The Eagles have championships before the "Super Bowl era" that count, too.

Actually Philly is only one NFL championship behind the Cheaters. It could have been worse ... Tom Terrific. You could have been looking across the line into the eyes of Concrete Charlie.

Franchise Championships Seasons
Code:
Green Bay     13   1929, 1930, 1931, 1936, 1939, 1944, 1961,
                   1962, 1965, 1966, 1967, 1996, 2010
Chicago        9   1921, 1932, 1933, 1940, 1941, 1943,
                   1946, 1963, 1985
New York       8   1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007,
Pittsburgh     6   1974, 1975, 1978, 1979, 2005, 2008
Cleveland/     6   1950, 1954, 1955, 1964, 2000, 2012
  Baltimore
Washington     5   1937, 1942, 1982, 1987, 1991
San Francisco  5   1981, 1984, 1988, 1989, 1994
Dallas         5   1971, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995
New England    5   2001, 2003, 2004, 2014, 2016
Philadelphia   4   1948, 1949, 1960, 2017

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
I always understood that rooting for the Eagles if you live in Western PA was sacrilegious?

It is, however, rooting for the Cheaters is beyond sacrilege. :D:eek:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
good idea not letting the facts get in the way of what you want to believe. After all, Tenn fans still believe that Geno and UConn are cheats. :)

But if you actually want the facts, instead of preferred beliefs, read 15 or so articles by Sally Jenkins of the Washington Post, who has no interest in the Patriots; or this, written by a Canadian who doesn't even root for a team in the NFL
The NFL's Biggest Cheaters - Your Team Cheats - The Definitive Guide to NFL Cheating

And more specific data here:
The NFL's Biggest Cheats - Your Team Cheats - The Definitive Guide to NFL Cheating

including two teams whose Superbowl wins should be stripped (like the many winners of the Tour de France who were found to have taken drugs): the Broncos (2x) and the 49ers (once, I believe) faked their salary caps to retain players and after the fact were penalized for it--but too late to "replay" the game.

Or don't you think it's "cheating" that the Seahawks, by several standard deviations, lead the NFL in steroid abuse?

EVERY team cheats; the NFL successfully petitioned Congress to consider professional football not a sport but entertainment. And therefore, it's just entertainment and a bunch of plutocrats making billions off people who want to believe it's really a sport.

Last edited:

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
good idea not letting the facts get in the way of what you want to believe.

Want to believe? Believing means there is a faith issue. There is no faith issue involved with facts. This is why they are termed facts. :D

Re: 2007 New England Patriots videotape cheating
"After an investigation, the NFL fined Patriots head coach Bill Belichick $500,000 (the maximum allowed by the league and the largest fine ever imposed on a coach in the league's 87-year history) for his role in the incident, fined the Patriots $250,000, and docked the team their original first-round selection in the 2008 NFL Draft which would have been the 31st pick of the draft." :cool:;)

Deflategate was a National Football League (NFL) - "the New England Patriots deliberately under-inflated footballs used in their victory against the Indianapolis Colts in the American Football Conference (AFC) Championship Game of the 2014–15 NFL playoffs. The controversy resulted in Patriots quarterback Tom Brady being suspended for four games and the team being fined $1 million and losing two draft picks." :oops::p

Reaction Score
Want to believe? Believing means there is a faith issue. There is no faith issue involve with facts. This is why they are termed facts. :D

Re: 2007 New England Patriots videotape cheating
"After an investigation, the NFL fined Patriots head coach Bill Belichick $500,000 (the maximum allowed by the league and the largest fine ever imposed on a coach in the league's 87-year history) for his role in the incident, fined the Patriots $250,000, and docked the team their original first-round selection in the 2008 NFL Draft which would have been the 31st pick of the draft." :cool:;)
And UConn was slapped with a secondary violation based on Pat Summitt's report. I suppose that makes it true, right? Do you seriously want to believe Roger Goddell on anything? He's a professional entertainer and a stooge of the plutocrats who couldn't care about anything but TV revenue. They keep moving the goalposts (literally and metaphorically) just to get the kind of competition they want.

I'm a Pats fan, but could celebrate the Eagles win (as I did at the beginning of this thread), because in the end, it's all a fantasy.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
And UConn was slapped with a secondary violation based on Pat Summitt's report. I suppose that makes it true, right? Do you seriously want to believe Roger Goddell on anything? He's a professional entertainer and a stooge of the plutocrats who couldn't care about anything but TV revenue. They keep moving the goalposts (literally and metaphorically) just to get the kind of competition they want. I'm a Pats fan, but could celebrate the Eagles win, because in the end, it's all a fantasy.

OK! OK! Clearly, you have a serious faith issue going on here. No facts just emotion. Chill! Sip a nice Sherry. :) You responded so quickly you probably missed the following: :)

Deflategate was a National Football League (NFL) - "the New England Patriots deliberately under-inflated footballs used in their victory against the Indianapolis Colts in the American Football Conference (AFC) Championship Game of the 2014–15 NFL playoffs. The controversy resulted in Patriots quarterback Tom Brady being suspended for four games and the team being fined $1 million and losing two draft picks."

Reaction Score
OK! OK! Clearly, you have a serious faith issue going on here. No facts just emotion. Chill! Sip a nice Sherry. :) You responded so quickly you probably missed the following: :)

Deflategate was a National Football League (NFL) - "the New England Patriots deliberately under-inflated footballs used in their victory against the Indianapolis Colts in the American Football Conference (AFC) Championship Game of the 2014–15 NFL playoffs. The controversy resulted in Patriots quarterback Tom Brady being suspended for four games and the team being fined $1 million and losing two draft picks."
Screen Shot 2018-02-06 at 9.48.16 PM.png

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
A friend of mine who is a firefighter in the suburbs of Philly says it wouldn't have mattered. Win or lose would have been the same.;)
You realize that there were only 4 arrests. There were more arrests in Boston, and they lost. It’s amazing how overexaggerated the antics of the Philly fans are. No different than any other major city celebrating their team.

Reaction Score
You realize that there were only 4 arrests. There were more arrests in Boston, and they lost. It’s amazing how overexaggerated the antics of the Philly fans are. No different than any other major city celebrating their team.
So, you're saying that at least Boston won that contest? Talk about defining deviancy downwards! :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom