E. Wolf | The Boneyard

E. Wolf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As much as I have bashed Wolf, while he is on the court, just looked at his twitter and saw the following things. Was really impressed with what I saw and him taking the initiative to welcome the new guys. Never know if we can get 6-7 guys playing for each other next year, instead of everybody for themselves like this past year we might have a better record then this past year.

First he has this quote on his header:
"Tough times dont last, tough people do"

Then I saw tweets to the incoming freshman:
@OmarCalhounucon was good kid? wen u comin out here bro?
@PhilNolan_1 was good kid? welcome to the team

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
We want Wolf! We want Wolf! We want Wolf! We want Wolf! We want Wolf! We want Wolf!

Reaction Score
No offense but I always am amazed how a tweet can change someone's opinion of a player. Wolfe is the same today as in March.

All of our remaining players are great kids, some just don't play basketball on a Div 1 level (right now). The reality is the tweet is attributed to his great attitude not necessarily his current or potential skills.

Reaction Score
No offense but I always am amazed how a tweet can change someone's opinion of a player. Wolfe is the same today as in March.

All of our remaining players are great kids, some just don't play basketball on a Div 1 level (right now). The reality is the tweet is attributed to his great attitude not necessarily his current or potential skills.
No matter what, a good attitude is always good. One of the most important attributes to the individuals of a team.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

hhhhhhhhhhhhhooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score

First, there's no e at the end of his name. Second, if he didn't have a good attitude, you can bet that after 4 years he would be the same player he was from day 1. The good attitude opens the door to improvement.

Reaction Score
First, there's no e at the end of his name. Second, if he didn't have a good attitude, you can bet that after 4 years he would be the same player he was from day 1. The good attitude opens the door to improvement.

Agree, I'll take a marginally athletic kid with a great attitude over a stud with a piss poor attitude any day, especially in amateur sports. People made a big issue with Neils staying and consequently made a turn around in their opinions of him yet he was the number one cheerleader on the bench during the games and was always ready to play when called. My point was that these kids did not change, the fans did. As for Wolf, so what if he improves greatly or not, contributes or not, it doesn't negate that he's a great team player with a great attitude. That can be infectious which is the by-product of having these kids on the court or the bench. These types of players just love being on the team and will in their best way try to help the team win, even if they are not all BE players. I respect that tremendously.

Reaction Score
Wolf is 7 foot.... and has lost weight and is in better shape now. If he can move up and down the court easier than he did in the past I expect great things. Remember Thebeet did not run the court to well his first couple of seasons. Also, I do recall seeing video of Wolf knocking in three's. Can you imagine a 7 footer hitting threes after Orlander passes the ball out from under the basket. That would be freggin awesome.

As for Wolf's limited minutes, look at Giffey... both had limited minutes and Giffey was a great player both years. I am more concerned about Jimmy's coaching and less about the qualities of these two. And I would rather have Wolf than AO because Wolf is a team player

hungry husky

Currently Hungry
Reaction Score
Wolf is 7 foot.... and has lost weight and is in better shape now. If he can move up and down the court easier than he did in the past I expect great things. Remember Thebeet did not run the court to well his first couple of seasons. Also, I do recall seeing video of Wolf knocking in three's. Can you imagine a 7 footer hitting threes after Orlander passes the ball out from under the basket. That would be freggin awesome.

As for Wolf's limited minutes, look at Giffey... both had limited minutes and Giffey was a great player both years. I am more concerned about Jimmy's coaching and less about the qualities of these two. And I would rather have Wolf than AO because Wolf is a team player

We have different definitions of great.

I'm very skeptical of Wolf. Look how Olander folded like a deck of cards in the Big East.

Reaction Score

I'm very skeptical of Wolf. Look how Olander folded like a deck of cards in the Big East.

I understand that the post you're responding to is a little...on the optimistic side. But on the whole I think the board is too down on Wolf. Did he have a couple painful minutes against Marquette? Yes, yes he did. Would several past UConn bigs who ultimately turned out to range from serviceable (Chuck) to very good (Travis) have looked the same way if they'd been thrust into the same spot with Wolf's game experience? Absolutely.

Wolf has great size and decent athleticism and coordination for that size. He's going to be awfully painful early on and he'll foul out quite a bit. But my bet is that he'll be a decent player by year's end.

Reaction Score

Jimmy did not play Orlander. He would play him for two three minutes then pull him from the game... or would not start him and put him in for a few minutes here and there. Ty is a good player. Who was it that scored the first points in both of the final four games two years ago? The players we have are better than we think... it is the coaching staff that has screwed us. As fans of the game we need to appreciate and acknowledge the great players we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom