E.J. Levenberry and Donovan Williams to Each Undergo Knee Surgery | Page 2 | The Boneyard

E.J. Levenberry and Donovan Williams to Each Undergo Knee Surgery

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

He's an incredibly undersized MLB who may not fit into the scheme we're running. Perhaps he's a player who transcends physical limitations (we've seen it before), and I definitely hope that's the case, but it's not easy to be an FBS MLB at like 5-10 and 235. Pretty big body and short, would imagine it to be a liability in a scheme that requires very mobile linebackers

Reaction Score
He's an incredibly undersized MLB who may not fit into the scheme we're running. Perhaps he's a player who transcends physical limitations (we've seen it before), and I definitely hope that's the case, but it's not easy to be an FBS MLB at like 5-10

He's listed @ 5-11. Danny Lansanah was 6-0 @ UConn. Dahna Deleston the same. Randy was not known to be a "prototype" kind of guy.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
He's listed @ 5-11. Danny Lansanah was 6-0

Lsansanah is 6-1, but I was also basing my number off of the fact that they usually add an inch on the programs for the small guys. So you're saying that being a sub-6ft middle linebacker is negligible? I definitely respect your opinion but would have to disagree with that. You're totally right that there are guys that have done it, and hopefully Diaco was smart and grabbed a guy who was an athletic freak but undersized. His HS tape shows a high motor, so hopefully that's the case.

Reaction Score
Lsansanah is 6-1, but I was also basing my number off of the fact that they usually add an inch on the programs for the small guys. So you're saying that being a sub-6ft middle linebacker is negligible? I definitely respect your opinion but would have to disagree with that. You're totally right that there are guys that have done it, and hopefully Diaco was smart and grabbed a guy who was an athletic freak but undersized. His HS tape shows a high motor, so hopefully that's the case.

These list Lansanah as 6-0 in 2006 and 2007 (I grabbed first rosters I saw but knew face to face he wasn't taller than I was). I'm saying that an inch or two is negligible if the other tools are there. I guess it was the "not a RE type of athlete" that drew my attention in.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
These list Lansanah as 6-0 in 2006 and 2007 (I grabbed first rosters I saw but knew face to face he wasn't taller than I was). I'm saying that an inch or two is negligible if the other tools are there. I guess it was the "not a RE type of athlete" that drew my attention in.

True. Maybe worded incorrectly. I agree that we can transcend size and a guy like Lansanah did...heck, Arkeel shows us that every week in the fall, just not a sure thing

Reaction Score
August probably not. But late September? Maybe. This is early enough he could be ready. These guys bounce back quickly.
We can only hope. Gotta think that knee stresses on LB's are about as high as on any position of a team though. Thinking November at the absolute earliest.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom