E.J. Levenberry and Donovan Williams to Each Undergo Knee Surgery | The Boneyard

E.J. Levenberry and Donovan Williams to Each Undergo Knee Surgery

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Levenberry hurts. DW injury is tough, but was hopefully redshirting anyways

Reaction Score
UConn release: UCONN FOOTBALL PLAYERS E.J. LEVENBERRY AND DONOVAN WILLIAMS EACH TO UNDERGO KNEE SURGERY

>>Head coach Randy Edsall announced Monday that rising senior E.J. Levenberry has suffered a torn ACL in his right knee and will undergo surgery. Rising sophomore Donovan Williams will also undergo orthoscopic surgery in his right knee to repair a meniscal injury. Both players will miss the remainder of spring practice.

“I feel terrible for E.J.,” said Edsall. “He has been working extremely hard and the injury was just one of those unfortunate instances. There was no contact, he just simply planted and the knee gave out. For Donovan, he was dealing with some discomfort last week and tried to play through it. He had an MRI and after speaking with the medical staff, it was determined that having this procedure immediately would be best.”

Levenberry suffered the injury Saturday during practice and will undergo surgery at a time to be determined later this week.

Williams will have surgery Tuesday. He had surgery in the off-season for a similar injury to his left knee. <<

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I can't imagine EJ will be ready in August. Can he request an extra year, if he wants as a medical redshirt?

I would,expect DW to be ready for Summer practice.

Reaction Score
I can't imagine EJ will be ready in August. Can he request an extra year, if he wants as a medical redshirt?

People were absolutely amazed that AP was able to come back from an ACL in what, 9 months? This was one of the freakiest athletes in the world making an extremely quick return. August is in 4 months. Absolutely zero chance that EJ is ready for the beginning of the season, or in fact, any part of the season. Feels bad. Would have loved to see him in the 3-3-5 attacking the QB. I hope he redshirts and returns. He could have been a grad transfer if he want this season, right? Him staying this time bodes well for '18, I hope.

Reaction Score
The 4 star curse. We've never had a 4 star transfer or signee work out for us. I was hoping EJ would be the first. Hopefully he gets a medical RS

Reaction Score
Exactly.

Where are all those posters from the past posting about not being allowed to detail player injuries because of HIPAA.

Absent whatever path HCBD et al. took... If a player has an executed Student-Athlete Authorization/Consent For Disclosure of Protected Health Information form on file it is permissible.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Absent whatever path HCBD et al. took... If a player has an executed Student-Athlete Authorization/Consent For Disclosure of Protected Health Information form on file it is permissible.
Do you have a list of the players who have and have not executed the form on file for last year and this year?

Reaction Score

+1 No chance for EJ and trying to push it would be absolutely stupid.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
+1 No chance for EJ and trying to push it would be absolutely stupid.

August probably not. But late September? Maybe. This is early enough he could be ready. These guys bounce back quickly.

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
EJ was going to be a big part of our defense this year. Sad to hear, and sad to hear about Donovan as well. I wish them both speedy recoveries.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Damn hopefully Levenberry can get a medical redshirt but he won't because were Uconn, if it was a P5 school no problem.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Levenberry would be a huge, huge loss. Because behind him, Diggs and Joseph, we don't have a single LB who has demonstrated he can contribute.

Is Stapleton not an OLB? I think he is (hard to remember whose a pure LB and one of those hybrid DL/OLB guys).

Reaction Score
Is Stapleton not an OLB? I think he is (hard to remember whose a pure LB and one of those hybrid DL/OLB guys).

We call Stapleton a LB, but he under Diaco was a hybrid in what was halfway between a 4-3-4 and a 3-4-4, and I think in a 3-3-5 he (like Luke) is a DE and not a LB. But we'll see obviously. I think if this happened last year Chris Britton is the next one up.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
We call Stapleton a LB, but he under Diaco was a hybrid in what was halfway between a 4-3-4 and a 3-4-4, and I think in a 3-3-5 he (like Luke) is a DE and not a LB. But we'll see obviously. I think if this happened last year Chris Britton is the next one up.

Agreed. Maybe Gilmartin? He's really short though, have a feeling he may not be an RE kind of athlete

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom