Dynamic of our haters | The Boneyard

Dynamic of our haters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone else notice that the only people that have real issue with our violations, APR, drummond recruitment etc are those whose programs also were tagged by the NCAA?

Most notably amongst our new haters are UK and tennessee fans. UK more than anything has to do with squid's history with our program, and their denial of their own coaches transgressions. Looking at any article on yahoo, espn, or anywhere else UK fans are the vast majority of those who feel the need to comment on UCONN's and Calhoun's actions and "ethics." Laughable really, but whatever helps them sleep.

Tennessee supporters aren't quite as vocal, but still very present in their newfound hatred for all things UCONN. They are very insistent that Pearl's violations were much less grievous than Calhoun's...apparently lying<texting...

3 years ago the worst we would have got from any of these guys is that JC is a "thug" and Uconnvicts are jokes blah blah blah...funny how things change when you let the outcome of the actual game speak for itself. Everyone knows how much Dook is hated across the country, but it's almost an honor to be reaching that level of hate...Haters gonna hate is one of my favorite sayings on this board, and I guess you can say "winners gonna win" because we are just gonna keep WINNING!

Sorry for the rant...just read some more comments on a yahoo article (my first mistake i know) written about how Uconn's punishment is "laughable" and a joke and felt this was as good a place as any to vent without getting into a pissing match with other various fanbases...

Reaction Score
It comes with the Championships. Its nothing actually.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
just read some more comments on a yahoo article (my first mistake i know) written about how Uconn's punishment is "laughable" and a joke and felt this was as good a place as any to vent without getting into a pissing match with other various fanbases...[/quote]

High profile coaches aren't always sucking up to people for popularity contests. Some are only concerned about winning. Probably cause they lack charm in their personality.:)

Now that you know the problem, you know the solution. Don't take everything personally.

Or as we use to say "Don't worry. Be happy".

Reaction Score
The UK fans are the worst by far. I expect UConn to take its fair share of flak over the recruiting violations, but when UK fans magically forget about what happened under Eddie Sutton and what Calipari has done at every school he has been at it gets ridiculous. When I see those comments, I just stop reading because you realize that there is no logical thought process being employed, with some rare exceptions.

Reaction Score
We swept them this past season, of course they're gonna hate. And our constant slamming of Calipari probably doesn't help :)

Reaction Score
I think you missed the mark- everyone hates us.

There are teams that are on our side- Lville should love UCONN- we stopped the POS Uk fans from burning cars -grabbing Tv's out of store fronts into order mark their first NC in like 60 years.
This year we have Dookies loving on us just because they hate UNC WAY more then they hate us. (We might be one of the only teams in the country this year to have a chance at beating UNC if everyone on the floor has a good game). Does that make any sense? Not to me. While I respect Dook- I could never route for them-they like hugs, kinda gay (not that there is anything wrong with that) and way too white considering they can get just about anyone they want- but I digress-
sorry.
I would not have it any other way- it means we are WINNING!!!!!!
As an example-I have a lack of respect for Quse because they play zone- the only reason I care is because they are very good at it. If I did not care Quse would suck- but they don't so I do care. I hope that helps- I'm rambling but what I mean is:

"The more haters the better"- lets give them a good reason.

I like posting after drinking a lot of scotch.

WE ARE DOOMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

This year we have Dookies loving on us just because they hate UNC WAY more then they hate us. (We might be one of the only teams in the country this year to have a chance at beating UNC if everyone on the floor has a good game). Does that make any sense? Not to me. While I respect Dook- I could never route for them-they like hugs, kinda gay (not that there is anything wrong with that) and why too white considering they can get just about anyone they want- but I digress-
sorry.

It would not be a scote post if there was not at least some outright vilification of dook.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
it's good to be hated

ask the Yankees & the Patriots fans

better than being that team that plays hard who has a coach that knows his X's & O's

being lovable losers sucked, losing on the 1st day of the BET every year

I prefer being hated

Reaction Score
I would agree that the simple fact that UConn is good inspires most of the hate. UK fans have their reasons as discussed above. 'Ville fans are kind of pissed that we surpassed thel in NC's and i think Duke fans hate that UConn wont fade into oblivion.

There are pretty obvious reasons for other BE fans to hate UConn...UConn wins more than they do.

Reaction Score
I wasn't trying to sound like I was complaining about being hated on...i could care less really. Just pointing out the hypocrisy in our most outspoken haters of late

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

There are teams that are on our side- Lville should love UCONN- we stopped the POS Uk fans from burning cars -grabbing Tv's out of store fronts into order mark their first NC in like 60 years.
This year we have Dookies loving on us just because they hate UNC WAY more then they hate us. (We might be one of the only teams in the country this year to have a chance at beating UNC if everyone on the floor has a good game). Does that make any sense? Not to me. While I respect Dook- I could never route for them-they like hugs, kinda gay (not that there is anything wrong with that) and way too white considering they can get just about anyone they want- but I digress-
sorry.
I would not have it any other way- it means we are WINNING!!!!!!
As an example-I have a lack of respect for Quse because they play zone- the only reason I care is because they are very good at it. If I did not care Quse would suck- but they don't so I do care. I hope that helps- I'm rambling but what I mean is:

"The more haters the better"- lets give them a good reason.

I like posting after drinking a lot of scotch.

WE ARE DOOMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I haven't been aware of this type of rambling from you in the past. I love it. I agree that most fans of other college programs are envious of UConn, but those that are closest to UConn's accomplishment are in general the most envious. Where there is envy there is also resentment. So the fans that perceive UConn pulling or being in front of their respective teams are going to show the most hate. And Kentucky is one of those teams that is now in Uconn's rear lights. Duke not so much.

And the reverse holds true. UConn fans had a lot more hatred of Duke until this last NC. No one or almost no one hates Bradley. If they start winning NC's and UConn doesn't than the hatred ramps up. Every once in a while the hatred falls on a team where the hatred has nothing to do with overall success. An example was George Mason. This case is special because that season looked to be UConns and George *@#@# Mason deprived UConn of its historic third NC. And lots of fans realistically assessed that that could be JC's last best opportunity for his third so they were mildly upset. That sting has been blunted somewhat with this past season.

Reaction Score
just read some more comments on a yahoo article (my first mistake i know) written about how Uconn's punishment is "laughable" and a joke and felt this was as good a place as any to vent without getting into a pissing match with other various fanbases...

High profile coaches aren't always sucking up to people for popularity contests. Some are only concerned about winning. Probably cause they lack charm in their personality.:)

Now that you know the problem, you know the solution. Don't take everything personally.

Or as we use to say "Don't worry. Be happy".[/quote]
Yahoo fans are appropriately named. Redneck heaven.

Reaction Score
Am I the only one who hates Dook fans more than Kentucky fans? They just think they're so perfect over there.

Reaction Score
Nope- there are several teams I dislike more then Uk. I am really sick of talking about Uk- so they are moving up my list fast.

Reaction Score
I don't find Duke fans to be anywhere near as obnoxious as UK fans. Duke fans are basically concerned with two things -- beating UNC twice every year and winning the title -- they aren't as big on pumping their chest towards fans of other schools (UNC notwithstanding) as UK fans are. It literally seems like whenever anyone in the media says something positive about another high level program, UK fans say "we've won 7 titles we're the best" despite the fact that it has been almost 15 years since their last title.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
A couple of SEC fanbases throwing mud at other programs? Really? Are their mirrors broken?

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Puke fans are pretentious as hell, but I feel like alot of them are at least somewhat rational people in real life. I mean you have to be somewhat smart if you attended Duke.

UK fans are just obnoxious and straight up dumb. You read their comments and you think that a 6 year old must have typed it. Many southerners are so stupid it's infuriating. You can't even have an argument with these people because it's like trying to argue with a 6 year old who just spews out garbage. They don't make sound arguments, like I feel most Puke fans could handle.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
For Christ's sake... ESPN (go figure) just put up ANOTHER article about the Bradley scholarship (that, to ESPN's credit, expels any idea that there was anything morally wrong about the process, but, of course, the end has an obligatory quote from some guy who has a problem with "the system that allows things like this to happen").

First comment: "Very shady..."

Like seriously, what is the thought process behind a post like that? How are people so stupid? Why does this country not forcibly remove the gentiles of people who fall below a certain IQ level? People this stupid seriously have no business passing their genes on. These people (and thus their potential litter) do not make a single valuable contribution to society, other than flipping my burgers and cooking my bacon at Wendy's.

Wow, I am actually upset by what some moron said over the internet. I need to step away from the computer for a bit.

Reaction Score
These people (and thus their potential litter) do not make a single valuable contribution to society, other than flipping my burgers and cooking my bacon at Wendy's.

I think you're undervaluing Wendy's here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom