Dwayne Killings Named HC at Albany | The Boneyard

Dwayne Killings Named HC at Albany

Reaction Score
Good for him. Spent like one year as an asst under KO. We hardly go to know him.

Reaction Score
That's good for him. Nice job. I like when assistants get a chance to prove their mettle as a head coach. I hope he succeeds.

I'll never forget that 2006 opening round NCAA Tournament game against Albany. I swear it took 5 years off my life.

Reaction Score
Good for him, I have not been following that program at all but it looks like they've had a couple rough years. Seems like Will Brown should have jumped ship to a better gig back when he had it (relatively) rolling.

Reaction Score
Killings was one of the better KO assistants. Good for him. That's a pretty solid program to be starting your head coaching career with.

Reaction Score
That's good for him. Nice job. I like when assistants get a chance to prove their mettle as a head coach. I hope he succeeds.

I'll never forget that 2006 opening round NCAA Tournament game against Albany. I swear it took 5 years off my life.
I know, me too (about that game). Was thinking we we’re going to put it together finally (that team was a little maddening Bc so talented), but every game was tough seemingly. Thank God for Kemba, it took that for me to get over that loss.

I think I will always have a bias towards having some quick guards on the roster bc we were so deficient with that team, that was loaded elsewhere. Loved Hilton’s sr year - one of most enjoyable growth spurts to watch.

Reaction Score

Marcus Williams carried us something fierce in that second half. I'm still surprised he didn't become a big-time NBA PG.

Reaction Score
Marcus Williams carried us something fierce in that second half. I'm still surprised he didn't become a big-time NBA PG.
I was way too young at the time to even know what college basketball was, but I realized years later that I got to see Josh Boone and Williams playing for the Nets at the same time when I was about 7

Reaction Score
I was way too young at the time to even know what college basketball was, but I realized years later that I got to see Josh Boone and Williams playing for the Nets at the same time when I was about 7

You're making me feel so old

Reaction Score
Will Brown did a great job at UALBANY. That administration doesn't know what they did (hint Ive taught UALBANY basketball players). And who knows what a good plan for Killings will be. Its a solid State U. Brown had a weird mix of Aussies & Iowans.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Will Brown did a great job at UALBANY. That administration doesn't know what they did (hint Ive taught UALBANY basketball players). And who knows what a good plan for Killings will be. Its a solid State U. Brown had a weird mix of Aussies & Iowans.

Reminds me of when Marist fired Dave Magarity or when Siena fired any one of like four coaches.

If you’re Albany and you have a good, steady coach, you keep him because at that level, no one is going to dominate.

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
Great Danes, such a good mascot! And it's in New York, so the pickings should be pretty good. The campus, however, looks like it was dropped from a ship out of Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Great so see him get his chance and I wish him nothing but success. There is nothing worse than being turned down for dream jobs because you don't have experience.

Nothing better than being offered one by someone who believes in you enough to give you that first chance at gaining some.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom