Dwayne Haskins RIP | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dwayne Haskins RIP

Reaction Score
Did they find his car on the highway?

Edit: It doesn't seem like they did. I just read "he was on the highway for unknown reasons" so his car must not have been on the highway. Maybe he got booted from someone's else's car? Obviously there is more to this story that hasn't come out or been discovered.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Did they find his car on the highway?

Edit: It doesn't seem like they did. I just read "he was on the highway for unknown reasons" so his car must not have been on the highway. Maybe he got booted from someone's else's car? Obviously there is more to this story that hasn't come out or been discovered.
Agreed, the media here in Florida hasn't posted any info about a car, only the barebones info that he was struck by a dump truck while he was either walking along I-595 or while crossing it. [yes, 595 is the main road to the airport from either the FL Turnpike or I-95].

And at 6:30 a.m., he was absolutely invisible; just a few weeks ago, several kids were struck and killed in South Florida when they were waiting at a school bus stop before dawn.

Reaction Score
Agreed, the media here in Florida hasn't posted any info about a car, only the barebones info that he was struck by a dump truck while he was either walking along I-595 or while crossing it. [yes, 595 is the main road to the airport from either the FL Turnpike or I-95].

And at 6:30 a.m., he was absolutely invisible; just a few weeks ago, several kids were struck and killed in South Florida when they were waiting at a school bus stop before dawn.
Damn, I didn’t even think about that. Sunrise in Fort Lauderdale is now 7 AM.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
All I know is a 24 yr old is dead. Any commentary other than RIP or condolences to his friends and family is out of line and thoughtless.
what are u, the mourning police?
until we get more details on this, the question is simple, why was this guy out in the highway?
sorry if ur all fakebutthurt, for someone u don't know personally, and somehow feel the need to tell everyone else how to feel and speak.
people don't take kindly to being told 'how to feel' especially when there is not enough info to even know what happened.

Reaction Score
what are u, the mourning police?
until we get more details on this, the question is simple, why was this guy out in the highway?
sorry if ur all fakebutthurt, for someone u don't know personally, and somehow feel the need to tell everyone else how to feel and speak.
people don't take kindly to being told 'how to feel' especially when there is not enough info to even know what happened.
Call me what you want, if it makes you feel better. Yes when a kid is killed I feel bad. "fake butthurt"...sorry, says a lot more about you than it does me. BTW, I was actually referring to Gil Brandt's comments. Of course you could have asked.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Call me what you want, if it makes you feel better. Yes when a kid is killed I feel bad. "fake butthurt"...sorry, says a lot more about you than it does me. BTW, I was actually referring to Gil Brandt's comments. Of course you could have asked.
'Stanley says he did not notice a vehicle along I-595 westbound that may have belonged to Haskins.

“I did not see any vehicle nearby,” said Stanley. “I was more concerned with him because he was already making his way onto the road system."

NBC 6 reporter Ryan Nelson asked Stanley if there were any conclusions he could draw about what the person he believes to be Haskins was attempting to do along I-595.

"I could not,” said Stanley. “That's why it's just very disturbing. I just didn't understand the situation.”

me too.
what is it exactly that you know aboot this event that the rest of us don't?

Reaction Score
I have zero facts, so, yes, this is nothing but pure speculation, but I have to wonder whether he was either impaired or suffered some sort of mental breakdown.

As noted in the clip above, at 6:30 a.m., he was walking along I-595 westbound. In other words, he was going away from the airport. Then he apparently started crossing the highway, despite traffic that was likely still using headlights at that hour. And, several days later, police still have not reported the location of whatever vehicle he presumably rented while training with teammates in Boca Raton. Finally, if he ran out of gas or had mechanical problems, why not stay in the car and use his cellphone?

Reaction Score
. Finally, if he ran out of gas or had mechanical problems, why not stay in the car and use his cellphone?
Have you seen reports of a vehicle? It seems he either walked onto the highway or was kicked out of someone else's car who drove off without him.

Reaction Score
Have you seen reports of a vehicle? It seems he either walked onto the highway or was kicked out of someone else's car who drove off without him.
Still no word at this point about a car, neither his nor someone else’s; just the bare facts: seen around 6:30 walking westbound along I-595, then struck by westbound dump truck a few minutes later.

Even if police are still investigating, there’s nothing to prevent newspapers or TV from reporting about “last seen with,” “last known location,” “stayed the previous night at…,” “was scheduled to fly out of Ft. Lauderdale at…,” etc., but nada.

That’s why I’m speculating about chemical impairment or mental breakdown.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
the news is that there is still no news.
i have yet to speak to anyone, anywhere who does not have at least a scintilla of interest, yet no news. all are curious.

weirdorama.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Still no word at this point about a car, neither his nor someone else’s; just the bare facts: seen around 6:30 walking westbound along I-595, then struck by westbound dump truck a few minutes later.

Even if police are still investigating, there’s nothing to prevent newspapers or TV from reporting about “last seen with,” “last known location,” “stayed the previous night at…,” “was scheduled to fly out of Ft. Lauderdale at…,” etc., but nada.

One of the first accounts of the accidents mentioned that he might have gotten out of his car on the way to the airport. I think that was inaccurate and there’s been no further details.

Reaction Score

Dwayne Haskins' wife made worried 911 call morning of quarterback's death

Reaction Score
Dwayne Haskins' wife made worried 911 call morning of quarterback's death
Yeah, it’s still puzzling. If he was driving to the airport, whether via I-95 or the Florida Turnpike, he’d get on 595 East. Yet he was walking on or across 595 West. And while I’ve stupidly let the gas get low (especially when trying to return a rental car), I’ve never literally run out of gas.

Finally, if I did run out of gas, alongside a highway, at 6:30 in the morning, I don’t think calling my wife a thousand miles away would be my first thought. Except, of course, if the call was to say goodbye.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
No more sad than the 100s of other young people who got wasted and died unnecessarily everywhere else….but just couldn’t throw a football.
Except @HCCForever wasn't commenting on them. Just the Haskins news. And I'm sure many of them could throw a football.

Reaction Score
No more sad than the 100s of other young people who got wasted and died unnecessarily everywhere else….but just couldn’t throw a football.
True. Any loss of a young life full of promise is sad. I do not single out athletes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom