Dwayne Haskins RIP | The Boneyard

Dwayne Haskins RIP

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Wow, he seemed to be getting a second chance with Pittsburgh. I am always saddened by the passing of people in their youth. Especially since I have been granted multiple chances in spite of myself.
Agree totally on 2nd part. 24 years old. Erractic, but lots of talent to work with. Hell, he beat out Joe Burrow for QB at OSU.

On first part, it did appear Tomlin had him ahead of Mason Rudolph, but it was Trubiski's job to lose.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
Awful stuff.

It really seemed like he was embracing the fresh start here in Pittsburgh and was really well liked by his teammates. One of our beat writers just tweeted that Haskins was in the facility almost every day through the offseason working on his game.

Reaction Score
Schefty with an all timer: “The guy sucked in the NFL and now he’s dead.”

DEE3C1D5-74DF-49CC-813D-8CD6AF1BA5DC.jpeg

Reaction Score
Schefty with an all timer: “The guy sucked in the NFL and now he’s dead.”

View attachment 75447
Schefter is such a scumbag sometimes. ESPN could literally find any stooge off the street to replace him. Agents only feed him info because he's the main guy at ESPN. They would ditch him in a heartbeat if they had another option, like Ian Rapaport

Also this is why you shouldn't get out of your car on a highway. All it takes is 1 distracted driver or you forget where you are and you step too close to the road and you're a goner.

Reaction Score
Schefter is such a scumbag sometimes. ESPN could literally find any stooge off the street to replace him. Agents only feed him info because he's the main guy at ESPN. They would ditch him in a heartbeat if they had another option, like Ian Rapaport

Also this is why you shouldn't get out of your car on a highway. All it takes is 1 distracted driver or you forget where you are and you step too close to the road and you're a goner.
Can’t stand the little weasel. My favorite is how ESPN played that piece portraying him as some kind of hero for marrying a 9/11 widow. Wow, Schefty, thank you for your service.

Reaction Score

Apparently he was trying to cross the interstate and was hit by a dump truck around 6:30 AM.

"Haskins, 24, was hit by the truck on Interstate 595 in Fort Lauderdale early Saturday morning as he attempted to cross multiple lanes of westbound traffic, state troopers confirmed to DailyMail.com."

1649530120343.png

Reaction Score
Apparently he was trying to cross the interstate and was hit by a dump truck around 6:30 AM.

"Haskins, 24, was hit by the truck on Interstate 595 in Fort Lauderdale early Saturday morning as he attempted to cross multiple lanes of westbound traffic, state troopers confirmed to DailyMail.com."

View attachment 75448
Feel horrible for that truck driver. The last thing you expect at dawn on the highway is someone crossing the freaking road. Probably couldn't even see him until it was too late

Poe

Reaction Score

View attachment 75448

Very sad. Sounds like drugs/alcohol/suicide - a professional athlete unable to cross a highway without getting hit seems unlikely. My six year old could probably do it.

Reaction Score
Very sad. Sounds like drugs/alcohol/suicide - a professional athlete unable to cross a highway without getting hit seems unlikely. My six year old could probably do it.
smh

Reaction Score
Have you been on a South Florida highway recently? They’re super busy now and people drive very fast, including dump truck drivers.

Reaction Score
Athletes should have no problem running across 8 lane highway I mean even 6 year olds can do it,smh embarassing post

Reaction Score
No, it sounds like he ran out of gas while driving to the airport to fly back to Pittsburgh. If you've ever been stuck in your car on the side of a busy highway you would know how incredibly scary it is remaining in your car. It sounds like he was trying to get out of his car to get help and either got clipped trying to get in front of his car to get as far away from his car on the front side or he was trying to cross the highway.

It's a little worrisome you brought your six year old into this discussion.

Reaction Score
For real you go 90 on those roads and you have cars flying past you.
Ironically I was in the middle lane going 80 (cue Eddie Money song) and two vehicles went flying by me in the right lane before crossing two lanes into the left lane. They were easily going 85-90, they were dump trucks. This was in South Florida.

Reaction Score
As One who rarely breaks 60mph and we're considered the dangerous driver for going too slow ,smh smh .there are plenty of driveway mechanics and do it yourself ers who shouldn't be and take their vehicles on the hwy only to have them fall apart doing 80 putting folks at risk.these smaller cars are a death sentence for folks who drive too fast

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
This is true. The biggest question is why was he trying to cross an 8 lane highway with a lot of traffic. Very sad ending At a very young age.

I drive a lot on the highways around NYC….you would be amazed how often you see people out of their cars on those roads.

I have no idea why, but car/pedestrian accidents are not uncommon.

Reaction Score
I drive a lot on the highways around NYC….you would be amazed how often you see people out of their cars on those roads.

I have no idea why, but car/pedestrian accidents are not uncommon.

I saw it on Friday on the Garden State Parkway in the pouring rain. I said to my wife I cannot believe that man is getting out of his car. Incredibly dangerous.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom