Dwayne Difton | The Boneyard

Dwayne Difton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Per his facebook post tuesday, "I'm headed back to the University of Connecticut to finish what i started"

I dont know how true that is- from most of his posts i gather hes pretty immature and looking for attention, but figured I'd post it FWIW. Maybe Des can find out the truth.

Reaction Score
Very interesting. Is there no penalty for heading back to a previous FBS school? I thought the only transfer which didn't cost a year of eligibility was from FBS to FCS?

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Maybe he is just planning on coming back to UConn for Spring Weekend?!:)

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I'll readily admit that I'm old enough to be confused by nearly everything that comes out of a college-aged kid's head, but a quick search and read through Difton's Twitter feed leads me to believe that he's insane.

Reaction Score
I don't think this has much merit at all. And I think it may be for the best for both parties to move on..........

Reaction Score
What's Eric Kuresza doing these days? We could use another talented guard. Deon Anderson ended up in the NFL after he left and returned.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Most likely he is returning to finish up his degree. I wish him the best of luck either way.

Reaction Score
Kid was put in way too early. He needed a redshirt to get physically ready. We was thrown around like a rag doll his true frosh year. He has talent, but it's a classic case of these recruiting sites hyping kids because of the high school programs they came from. By way of one comparison, he and Easley are not even on the same planet in terms of physical abilities.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
I would welcome him back. I remember him beating Casey Heyward a few times in 2010...

Reaction Score
that article mentions that Shoemate is expected to receive a medical RS. that's nice. i'd like to see Difton get his degree. even if a highly recruited player never steps on the field i don't consider him a bust until he leaves without a degree. that's just a wasted opportunity that should have gone to someone else. a lot more college football players make a living from their degree than do from their football talent.

Reaction Score
Wherever he ends up i wish him well and hope he earns his degree ... he is responsible for one of my favorite media photos! I wish the "C" would catch on with fans...

difton.jpg

Reaction Score
that article mentions that Shoemate is expected to receive a medical RS. that's nice. i'd like to see Difton get his degree. even if a highly recruited player never steps on the field i don't consider him a bust until he leaves without a degree. that's just a wasted opportunity that should have gone to someone else. a lot more college football players make a living from their degree than do from their football talent.

Good post, mattp. And don't forget DD was getting close with Jazz before he died. I lost one of my best friends at the begining of my soph. year of college. It takes a while to get your head straight again after that sort of thing, trust me. It will change you a lot. I wouldn't mind one way or the other if he plays football again, but I do want him to get his degree. If he does that, it is still a success story in my book.

Reaction Score
Dez posted "That would be news to people who should know.....I'll leave it at that" when asked if Difton was coming back.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
a lot more college football players make a living from their degree than do from their football talent.

Your post reminds me of the NCAA commercial: there are 3838839 NCAA student athletes and most of us are going pro in something other than sports.

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
I dont remember where I was but I asked him last year and he said he'd be back

Reaction Score
Dez posted "That would be news to people who should know.....I'll leave it at that" when asked if Difton was coming back.

i wonder if he means football-wise, or admissions-wise, or both. if he's transferring in purely for academic reasons, and then walks on next year or something like that, i don't know that the football program would necessarily know about it.

Reaction Score
He also put up a tweet that he was going to Fla St shortly after he tweeted he was coming back to UConn. I wish him well and that he gets his degree.

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
The young man has his life ahead of him. Whatever he does, I wish him well and hope he succeeds.

Reaction Score
Maybe he's just talking on twitter and we shouldn't read anything into it.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
He was reportedly deciding between Miami and UCF recently.

Maybe this means he decided to go to UCF and his refence was that he would be coming back to UConn for a game (since UCF will be in the Big East in 2013...which would be his senior year athletically).

Reaction Score
He was reportedly deciding between Miami and UCF recently.

Maybe this means he decided to go to UCF and his refence was that he would be coming back to UConn for a game (since UCF will be in the Big East in 2013...which would be his senior year athletically).

Checked out his FB and looks like you're right

10_1327707838.jpg

After reading both his twitter and FB for a few minutes, I have to agree with Fishy, kid seems like he's out of his mind.

Reaction Score
wow. rivals gave him 4 stars, knowing he's 5 stars due to politics? it doesn't sound like his lack of success here has done anything to hurt his confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom