DWade Tweets Lamb is Favorite Player | The Boneyard

DWade Tweets Lamb is Favorite Player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
@DwyaneWade Dwyane Wade

My fav college player not playing at marquette is #3 Lamb that plays for #Uconn--
Pretty nice accolade. I'm sure Lamb's confidence is going to continue to grow.

Reaction Score
Yeah, sure. The owners should lose money to fund these guys millions playing a game. Let Dwade go work a job at a normal wage and see if only making $13mm instead of $16mm is such a hardship.

The owners won't let him.

Reaction Score
Yeah, sure. The owners should lose money to fund these guys millions playing a game. Let Dwade go work a job at a normal wage and see if only making $13mm instead of $16mm is such a hardship.

So you're cool with billionaires that don't know how to run a franchise rewarding themselves for their idiocy? Instead of crying about players being able to move from one team to another, these guys should focus on hiring good people, drafting good players, and not trading them away or creating a crappy team that no good player wants to play for. With the way half of these teams are run, they don't deserve to complain about anything.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
The problem with the NBA is it's ran from the bottom up, where as the better leagues (NFL, MLB) are ran top down. And the players that are running the league have no idea how to market themselves.

Reaction Score
sure,its all the owners faults:rolleyes:

Explain to me how the owners are doing anything other than playing the role of the angry bully here? They basically want huge concessions because most of them run their teams like garbage. These guys complain that their teams aren't doing well, that people aren't showing up, etc. The answer to that is simple, draft well, pay your guys and create an organization that people want to play for.

It's amazing to me that people are willing to give billionaires a pass, but are quick to complain about how much a player makes.

Reaction Score
You're lost with this. The idea that because they (some) have money they should be willing to lose it so some guy can get paid huge money o play a game is crazy. The league is not healthy in many areas. Again, the players are still going to do pretty well under the owners' proposal. Far better than virtually any other profession.

Explain to me how the owners are doing anything other than playing the role of the angry bully here? They basically want huge concessions because most of them run their teams like garbage. These guys complain that their teams aren't doing well, that people aren't showing up, etc. The answer to that is simple, draft well, pay your guys and create an organization that people want to play for.

It's amazing to me that people are willing to give billionaires a pass, but are quick to complain about how much a player makes.

Reaction Score
You're lost with this. The idea that because they (some) have money they should be willing to lose it so some guy can get paid huge money o play a game is crazy. The league is not healthy in many areas. Again, the players are still going to do pretty well under the owners' proposal. Far better than virtually any other profession.

If they don't have the money then they shouldn't be in this business. And again, if you don't want to lose money don't run your business, or in this case your team, like an idiot. Is that hard for you to understand? Tell me why certain teams are always bad and then tell me why they should thrive, or even survive at all?

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I find it funnier that both sides have lost more money than they would recover by winning the negotiations. Not just in income this year, but the sharp drop they are going to see as a result of the lockout. I'll never understand how pro sports leagues ever let it go this far where they damage their product for years or even decades. It would be so much smarter to let the old contract ride while you negotiate and play and earn money. As soon as there is a strike or lockout that costs anything more than preseason games, everybody loses. Also, it's not like Basketball was in its golden era and could easily survive and have fans screaming for them to come back. I for one haven't really noticed there isn't an NBA season. I couldn't even tell you how many games have been lost. I only care in that UConn needs an NBA. Let em all lose money for the year. They deserve it.

Reaction Score
Apparently about 60% of the owners would actually save money by not having a season. Those are the teams that actually lost money last year. So not much of an incentive to make a deal

Reaction Score
Let em all lose money for the year. They deserve it.

Agreed. I don't know who is responsible for this lockout, but one thing is clear: The fans have been treated like garbage.

Reaction Score
Agreed. I don't know who is responsible for this lockout, but one thing is clear: The fans have been treated like garbage.

Seeing as how the players are not on strike and the owners locked out the players, the owners are responsible.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Seeing as how the players are not on strike and the owners locked out the players, the owners are responsible.
I haven't followed who's done what or anything, but that's a pretty simplistic way to look at it. If the players said we want 90% of the revenue or we won't sign a contract and the owners say fine, we won't play until there's a better agreement, are the owners really responsible?

Again, I haven't been following and have no idea which (if any) side is at fault, but saying they locked them out therefore they are responsible doesn't hold up on it's own.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Apparently about 60% of the owners would actually save money by not having a season. Those are the teams that actually lost money last year. So not much of an incentive to make a deal

You believe that?

Reaction Score
I haven't followed who's done what or anything, but that's a pretty simplistic way to look at it. If the players said we want 90% of the revenue or we won't sign a contract and the owners say fine, we won't play until there's a better agreement, are the owners really responsible?

If that was true, you would have a point. However, the owners locked out the players in an attempt to decrease their share by 10-20%. The owners cry poor but have creative accountants to hide or shift their profits, and don't like to mention the equity they have gained by owning the teams (average NBA team value increased from $207 million in 2000 to $369 m. in 2010). A group of small market owners also want to hold the current deal on the table hostage in order to get some restrictions on player mobility in order to increase competitiveness.

The players are currently holding out for greater labor mobility and a very soft cap, allowing them to maximize their salary potential but increasing the likelihood of large market super-teams dominating the league with the small markets becoming perennial losers.

Here are two good takes on the subject:
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/32415/pointing-two-fingers
http://thinkprogress.org/yglesias/2...team-owners-have-made-profitable-investments/

Funny in a way. Company owners are usually arguing for the free market, labor mobility and letting the market decide on salary potential, while the workers and unions are interested in restrictions and regulations to level the playing field. In the end however, all these guys will still be making millions and the average fan will be screwed.

Reaction Score
This has got to be nominated as the railroaded thread of the season. I thought it was about Wade's compliment of Lamb. The mods need to become engineers/conductors.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
This has got to be nominated as the railroaded thread of the season. I thought it was about Wade's compliment of Lamb. The mods need to become engineers/conductors.
I think this whole mess is contributing to the national debt. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom