Dutcher is a class act | The Boneyard

Dutcher is a class act

Reaction Score
Was coming to post the same thing. Seems like a truly good guy.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
He's okay, I guess.

Reaction Score
Wow. What a likable guy. So gracious in losing and so positive about everything.
I was almost pulling for him. Not sure I've ever seen a finals participant so disrespected.... maybe in any sport.

Reaction Score
Hats off to them love the fact they knocked off Bama and even Creighton. They made me nervous all day and all game. Like Calhoun says they have great hearts.

Reaction Score
I was almost pulling for him. Not sure I've ever seen a finals participant so disrespected.... maybe in any sport.
Yeah I know. San Diego St is very good. They gave UConn the toughest match on the NCAAT it was only a 5 point game with 5 minutes left until Hawk made that clutch 3. They also beat Creighton, an upstart FAU who was underseeded, athe #1 overall seed in Bama, and College of Charleston a very tough 12 seed

Reaction Score
Wow. What a likable guy. So gracious in losing and so positive about everything.
Hell of a job by Dutcher in getting SDSU to their first Final Four and championship game ever. He has a good formula for building a consistent winner. We will see these guys in the Big Dance almost every year

Reaction Score
I live in San Diego and SDSU is my second favorite team. As a UConn alum, I bleed blue, so of course I was rooting for the Huskies. But San Diego is a class team with a class coach, so I really couldn't have lost in this game. But I'm glad UConn won!

Reaction Score
Not even a hint at an excuse. The better team won tonight. Good guy, terrific coach and a winner. They will be good as long as hes there.

Reaction Score
Earlier in the tourney when i saw his post-game comments I kept wondering where I know him from. Then I looked him up online. He was an asst. at Michigan during the fab 5 era. He was all over the 30 for 30 documentary on the fab 5 that I've seen multiple times.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
He’s a great dude - and he recruited the Fab Five!

Honestly this whole SDSU team is incredibly likeable.
I was trying to think of where I had seen him recently and then remembered he was featured prominently in the Fab Five 30 for 30 since he was the assistant at the time.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
He's a very good coach - remember, SDSU was gonna be a one seed in 2020 and he's something like 59-11 in the MW over the past four years.

That said, that offense...gads.

Reaction Score
I would think his postgame comments about family won him some recruits.

Reaction Score
Need more coaches like Dutcher who have a sense of humor--classy in defeat-- about his kids in the locker room. Wish him continued success.

Reaction Score
Earlier in the tourney when i saw his post-game comments I kept wondering where I know him from. Then I looked him up online. He was an asst. at Michigan during the fab 5 era. He was all over the 30 for 30 documentary on the fab 5 that I've seen multiple times.
When I started reading your post I was near certain you were going to say that you realized he looks like Kurt Russell. That's all I see when I look at him. Coincidentally, Kurt Russell is another awesome human being.

Reaction Score
I live in San Diego and SDSU is my second favorite team. As a UConn alum, I bleed blue, so of course I was rooting for the Huskies. But San Diego is a class team with a class coach, so I really couldn't have lost in this game. But I'm glad UConn won!
you got it good. I think San Diego State will be in the NCAAT close to every year and as long as Dutcher is there they will perform well. He has a good formula or template to creating success. Remember they got screwed by the COVID lockdown as they had a 30-2 record. Who knows how well that team could have done.

The key thing is Dutcher and San Diego St have to use this banner season to build on it and market it with their recruiting pitch, don't let it be a one time flash in the pan.

Edit: Oh shoot, I typed this before I realized Fishy typed this 9 mins earlier.

Reaction Score
Need more coaches like Dutcher who have a sense of humor--classy in defeat-- about his kids in the locker room. Wish him continued success.
very much so. Besides playing UConn or the BE teams, how can you not pull for someone like Dutcher and San Diego St?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
you got it good. I think San Diego State will be in the NCAAT close to every year and as long as Dutcher is there they will perform well. He has a good formula or template to creating success. Remember they got screwed by the COVID lockdown as they had a 30-2 record. Who knows how well that team could have done.

The key thing is Dutcher and San Diego St have to use this banner season to build on it and market it with their recruiting pitch, don't let it be a one time flash in the pan.

Edit: Oh shoot, I typed this before I realized Fishy typed this 9 mins earlier.

I think they are going to parlay this into a PAC12 invitation in the coming months.

Reaction Score
He actually reminds me a bit of subdued Hurley. His players love him. He had what 2 or 3 5th year guys and a 6th years senior as well. His guys play tough. They just ran into a superior team. I think Bilas said it best after the game that they make it a rock fight. They make things tough. They just ran into a team that has 9+ guys who are not afraid to take and are capable of making tough shots.

Sick Puppy

Remember, you wanted this.
Reaction Score
I grew up in MN and ND. He reminds me of many of the men I knew.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom