Durham question | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Durham question

Reaction Score
He'll either be a stud or he'll look like a baby giraffe learning to walk w/ an occasional moment of greatness... Those are the options. Definitely worth the risk as he needs a year to regain confidence in his knees. I have to say, though, that he strikes me as someone who is a little tentative so I fear his potential for studliness is fairly low.

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
He'll either be a stud or he'll look like a baby giraffe learning to walk w/ an occasional moment of greatness... Those are the options. Definitely worth the risk as he needs a year to regain confidence in his knees. I have to say, though, that he strikes me as someone who is a little tentative so I fear his potential for studliness is fairly low.

He's always gonna be a finesse guy, but there's plenty of room for that in the college game. I never expected him to bang.

Reaction Score
It is a big IF, but IF Durham found a match in Nova, here is how it might work.

Durham convinces Jay that he has the fortitude to do the work, that he is a team first guy, and that he will accept getting the minutes he earns.

Jay won't promise minutes or results. He can offer Durham a program where he can succeed and the support to help him reach his potential. We aren't looking for instant results and we will be patient, and Durham's year off for the transfer is perfect for rehab, conditioning, body building, and getting grounded in the school work. Expect hard work in the year off. Expect another year behind Omari learning the system. In the last two years compete for serious playing time. This won't be the easiest path. At the very least he will earn a degree and be part of the Nova family. At best he earns a spot and is contending for a championship.

If they don't make this connection, my guess is that Jay passes on him.

Booth could have played injured / chipped this last year, but we sat him for his longer term health. Reynolds, Jenkins, Hart... Nova does a good job at reshaping athletic bodies.

I'm a little more interested in Durham after looking at him today. I didn't know much of him before.

pj

Reaction Score
It is a big IF, but IF Durham found a match in Nova, here is how it might work.

Durham convinces Jay that he has the fortitude to do the work, that he is a team first guy, and that he will accept getting the minutes he earns.

Jay won't promise minutes or results. He can offer Durham a program where he can succeed and the support to help him reach his potential. We aren't looking for instant results and we will be patient, and Durham's year off for the transfer is perfect for rehab, conditioning, body building, and getting grounded in the school work. Expect hard work in the year off. Expect another year behind Omari learning the system. In the last two years compete for serious playing time. This won't be the easiest path. At the very least he will earn a degree and be part of the Nova family. At best he earns a spot and is contending for a championship.

If they don't make this connection, my guess is that Jay passes on him.

Booth could have played injured / chipped this last year, but we sat him for his longer term health. Reynolds, Jenkins, Hart... Nova does a good job at reshaping athletic bodies.

I'm a little more interested in Durham after looking at him today. I didn't know much of him before.

He's a talent, it's more the mental side that is at issue with him. Does he want it badly enough to put in the work off the court? If so he'll be a great get for you. The year off will give him some time to grow up.

Reaction Score
He's always gonna be a finesse guy, but there's plenty of room for that in the college game. I never expected him to bang.

Wasn't expecting him to do that either... By tentative, I just meant that he does seem to have a "soft" personality by nature. I do not think that bodes well for someone who is playing on two repaired knees. Just not sure he'll ever mentally get past the injury; let alone physically.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Wasn't expecting him to do that either... By tentative, I just meant that he does seem to have a "soft" personality by nature. I do not think that bodes well for someone who is playing on two repaired knees. Just not sure he'll ever mentally get past the injury; let alone physically.

You might be right in the end boog, but it really is too early to tell. I mean, he's a young guy, with two years not playing, two major surgeries plus another injury, no offseason, transitioning to college game, and now with a full year off to develop. I'm betting on the kid. But, I could be wrong too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom