Durham question | The Boneyard

Durham question

Reaction Score
Durham talking to Nova.

Will he develop into a stud, or is he just filler minutes?

Reaction Score
Durham talking to Nova.

Hard for UConn fans to know, coming off of back to back ACL injuries, played limited minites and needs to build more bulk. Certainly has the potential.

LoveMeSomeUC

"My point being" James A. Calhoun
Reaction Score
It is the nicest way of saying I don't want to be here.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Wasn't good enough to play for a 16-17 UConn team, so why would Nova go after him?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Durham talking to Nova.

He complained he didn't play enough when he was coming off two ACL tears and playing behind 2 seniors who actually know how to play defense. Enjoy.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
What coach doesn't think he can get a 6'11" guy with skills to play harder?

I don't think playing hard was an issue. He was naturally tentative after the injuries, both from a physical and mental standpoint (having been out of ball so long. His next full season, year after next, we'll see what he's really made of.

Durham seems like a nice kid, and he may not have liked the locker room last year. Big loss for UCONN. I think he'll be the best of all the transfers.

Reaction Score
Cool another identical thread on the same completely speculative subject.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
A lot of the threads here suck lately, but this is a Nova fan asking what we think of Durham given the perceived interest they are showing. Don't find it too egregious (until it likely devolves into a KO-debate-fueled pissing match.)

And wading through that other one is IMPOSSIBLE. And depressing.

Reaction Score
It would be unusual for Nova to take a transfer. Not unprecedented, but unusual.

My guess is Durham is exploring his options but Nova is a longshot as his match. He would have to expect to play behind Omari Spellman for at least 1 year, or more if Omari doesn't go pro early.

Nova does a great job with strength and conditioning and building these types of frames up physically. The ACL seems like a wild card though.

It seems most here are high on his potential. Some others on here just seem high.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
It would be unusual for Nova to take a transfer. Not unprecedented, but unusual.

My guess is Durham is exploring his options but Nova is a longshot as his match. He would have to expect to play behind Omari Spellman for at least 1 year, or more if Omari doesn't go pro early.

Nova does a great job with strength and conditioning and building these types of frames up physically. The ACL seems like a wild card though.

It seems most here are high on his potential. Some others on here just seem high.

Hes got alot of talent and natural floor skills.
Seems afraid to work hard . Doesnt seem to like fighting for minutes or being challenged by a coach. Wants 30 minutes handed to him without practice work/reward.

A different coach may get different results out of him. But that is an entirely accurate description of Durham as it pertains to his frosh season here.

Reaction Score
A lot of the threads here suck lately, but this is a Nova fan asking what we think of Durham given the perceived interest they are showing. Don't find it too egregious (until it likely devolves into a KO-debate-fueled pissing match.)
Did not realize he was Nova fan, should have looked at his picture.

Reaction Score

All depends on his legs, if they can improve and he get back to close to where he was pre ACLs than yea he has serious potential, but he was no where close this year.

Reaction Score
I think Durham is going to end up being a really nice player for whoever lands him.

Reaction Score
Durham talking to Nova.

I would suggest looking at his HS highlight video's and get your own take. The game is there but will the knees and body ever be there again? He could be very good or he can continue to be the colt we saw no one knows.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Just in case you weren't aware, he had 2 ACL injuries, one in each knee. And then a foot injury this year.

Who knows where the injuries will leave him, but having a year off to work on his body and his game (mental/physical) will be huge. He should have redshirted this year. Most discerning folks thought so, but he didn't want to (and that's well within his rights to make that call).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom