Durham injury | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Durham injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So for folks who don't visit this board much, and we hear about a commit's serious injury, we are supposed to know we can sort through a few dozen pages of said player's commit thread, to find info on his injury.

Got it.

It happened recently... so no. Why would you read through stuff from months ago. You jump to the end and see what's going on if some news just happened.

Reaction Score
So for folks who don't visit this board much, and we hear about a commit's serious injury, we are supposed to know we can sort through a few dozen pages of said player's commit thread, to find info on his injury.

Got it.
Can't believe I've been pulled in to this but c'mon man. Use common sense. Injury just happened; peruse the last 3 pages of the thread and go from there. Should take under 60 seconds.

Not talking any bad on you, lurker.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
For 's sake, delete this thread already. I read an article on ESPN and immediately came here to ask a question. I get it, I broke MBB protocol. I've already said I learned a lesson, wtf else do you want?

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
This thread is literally the epitome of The Boneyard.
Someone raises a point or question and apologizes in advance if they are mistaken. But no, let's all just kick him in the nuts several times.

Reaction Score
I think people were a little on edge because we were all waiting to hear what was going on with the knee injury. Not a big deal, but it is a bit disappointing and frustrating to click on a thread titled "Juwan Durham" assuming there must be some new info we've all been on the edge of our seat waiting for. I would suggest a question mark in the title next time you have a question... "Juwan Durham?" That solves the problem and doesn't give anyone the opportunity to be a jerk.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This thread is literally the epitome of The Boneyard.
Someone raises a point or question and apologizes in advance if they are mistaken. But no, let's all just kick him in the nuts several times.
yes let's leave him bloodied but first (and I apologize in advance if this has been raised) who makes the best pizza in the state?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
For 's sake, delete this thread already. I read an article on ESPN and immediately came here to ask a question. I get it, I broke MBB protocol. I've already said I learned a lesson, wtf else do you want?
You just hit the sensitivity button for a few posters. They took issue with you and then a few posters took issue with them and others took issue with the second group and so on.

You sincerely wanted to learn something. There was nothing wrong with that.

This thread demonstrates how easily some simple thing can send people in different directions, some good, some bad.

If people avoided taking your op personally (they reacted to something that bothers them) you just would have received a simple answer. But they didn't. My advice is to do what they weren't able to do and not take any of the responses personally. And if you do, that is if all of this bothers you, and I'm sure it does (it would bother most of us), try your best to not show it or escalate it. The thread will die out on it's own sooner or later and most people will move on regarding their opinions about you. And for those that don't there isn't anything you can do about it. Understand this. They don't diminish who you are unless you choose to let them.

Last edited:

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Fleud going deep and philosophical and well done. The boneyard is a crazy place and not for the meek.
Thanks. I'm stubbornly offering advice but I know it won't always be received kindly.

For the most part I "love" people for whom they are warts and all and that includes the motley members of The Boneyard. It's not much different than I "love" most of the UConn men's bb players, even with their flawed games and/or behaviors. None of us are perfect and that certainly includes me.

I'm retired. I play leisure tennis twice a week with a bunch of retired guys. All of us are quite accomplished in what we did in life and all of us pretty much have left our type A personality in the distance. We play twice a week. When I first joined the group we just told each other the time and place we'd meet for the next gathering. It was seriously flawed. For one thing people weren't always there to get the information. For another there was always the need to make last minute changes. Still another was the numbers in the group varied and we often needed multiple locations.

And most every week the guys would get frustrated and angry with one another because of the resulting problems and/or the arguments that took place all of which ate into playing time. So I suggested that we get each others phone numbers and, for those of us who had emails, communicate using these methods if and when there were changes.

You'd think I took away their driving privileges the way they treated that common sensical approach to the problem. It was at least two years before the suggestions were implemented and, of course, since the time they were implemented things are running much more smoothly. I know that it's difficult for any of us to change bad habits. And I've met resistance to suggestions I've made many times in my life. I have to say I wasn't prepared for the backlash that I, the "young old" whipper snapper, received daring to suggest something to a bunch of grown men.

And even though I'm measured about relating this story now, I wasn't as centered about the issue initially. But that was my problem. Certainly I had justification since we'd waste, on average, twenty minutes every time arguing about the arrangements. But on balance this group of guys offered a lot of things that I appreciated, and those things, when I factored them, far outweighed this stubborn behavior.

So the solution for me was to get over this particular "flaw" on their part rather than clinging to the attempt to help them change. Once I recognized they were either unable to change or not ready to change, wasn't it foolish of me to continue to resent this? It's wasted emotional baggage. But I'm human. Certainly I've come to recognize my own "silliness" over this issue.

So what are my current options. Should I be angry at myself or punish myself for staying needlessly upset with them for as long as I stayed upset? Should I decide never to offer advice again? Or should I try to not to get so negatively involved when the next drama of this nature appears in my life? This post tells you my decision. I'll still get involved and hope people will at least give my suggestions some consideration. But if they chose to ignore it or belittle it I will try my hardest to minimize any negative impacts those actions will have on me. And I'll offer this advice to anyone else hoping they can accomplish this as well. And be happy if they can do it quicker and better than I can do it.

Reaction Score
It happened recently... so no. Why would you read through stuff from months ago. You jump to the end and see what's going on if some news just happened.

I actually read all the recruiting threads and would have known to go to the end of his recruiting thread to find out about the injury. I was posting to support my football brethren Formerlurker and to make a point.

With all the OT threads about who has the best combo pizza/car wash that sells Andre/Chief autographed shirts, I find it amazing a new thread wasn't started about his injury.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
You could delete it, just sayin

Reaction Score
Didn't UConn get in trouble for helping out with an ankle issue on a kid (excuse my brain, his name escapes me) who ended up getting Beau Archibald in a lot of trouble? (I met Beau at the gym p, and he's a super nice dude, btw.)

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Didn't UConn get in trouble for helping out with an ankle issue on a kid (excuse my brain, his name escapes me) who ended up getting Beau Archibald in a lot of trouble? (I met Beau at the gym p, and he's a super nice dude, btw.)
Nate Miles.

Yahoo! Sports first reported the violations on March 25, 2009, in a story alleging that a highly-touted prospect, Nate Miles, had both received improper benefits from a man associated with the UConn program and been contacted impermissibly by the coaching staff during his recruitment.

The bulk of the claims stem from Miles’ relationship with Josh Nochimson, a former UConn basketball student-manager turned sports agent. According to the NCAA’s official report, Nochimson provided Miles with over $6,000 in “improper inducements,” including payment for foot surgery, enrollment fees at a basketball academy, registration costs for the SATs, and basketball training sessions.

Watch Coach Calhoun’s initial statement to the media following the Yahoo!Sports story.

Tom Moore, a former UConn assistant who is now the head coach at Quinnipiac University, was the lead recruiter of Miles from 2006 to 2007. On November 11, 2006, he was the first to inform Nochimson of the university’s interest in Miles at a high school tournament near Chicago.

There, Nochimson introduced himself to Miles and established a working relationship.

Nochimson was a student-manager as an undergrad at the University of Connecticut. In 1999, he served in an advisory role for Richard Hamilton after the former UConn All-American was drafted by the Washington Wizards. By 2006, he became certified as an agent, and represented Hamilton along with several other NBA stars. Nochimson filed for decertification in 2008 after he was accused of stealing more than $1 million from Hamilton. Photo courtesy Freebase.com

The NCAA report indicates that the Huskies coaching staff were aware of the relationship from the outset. Moore exchanged texts with Miles and Nochimson immediately following the tournament and until Miles ultimately committed to UConn on November 19. The coaching staff as a whole shared approximately 2,000 phone calls or texts with the agent throughout Miles’ recruitment and stay at UConn.

IMO this entire process was a combination of two people who had a vendetta against JC. They were Mark Emmert and Jeff Hathaway!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Yeah, let's not bring that name up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky