OT: - Durant, his future, and Raptors fans | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Durant, his future, and Raptors fans

Reaction Score
So all the players on the country who were telling the fans to chill were wrong but you behind your keyboard know exactly what was going on...lol I love the yard.
When did I say the players were wrong big boy? sheesh, I mean, "lol I love the yard"

You're right everyone in attendance instantly knew Durant tore his Achilles and took a moment to take themselves out of the excitement of possibly winning a championship being easier with an MVP out of the way, to say to themselves, this guy just tore a ligament in his leg and will be out of the game he loves for close to a year and maybe never be the same, I'm going to applaud and wave at him.

Reaction Score
More importantly, why are people acting surprised that ordinary idiots at a sporting event acted in a way that was unbecoming of themselves?

KD was probably my favorite non Husky before he left OKC. When he got hurt last night I was happy because I badly want Toronto to win. To be fair, it never crossed my mind that the injury was anything but aggravated mild calf injury. Now I feel terrible about what happened to him but emotional reactions happen.

Reaction Score
Hot Take: I would've reacted the same way if I was at the game, screw kd.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
KD was probably my favorite non Husky before he left OKC. When he got hurt last night I was happy because I badly want Toronto to win. To be fair, it never crossed my mind that the injury was anything but aggravated mild calf injury. Now I feel terrible about what happened to him but emotional reactions happen.
Exactly! Fans aren't cheering for an injury, they're cheering because they see their path to an extremely unlikely title. This is basketball and players talk trash and act like trash at times, it's an "us vs them" mentality, so emotion gets the best of them but in an instant they'll follow the lead of their favorite players and snap out of it.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
When did I say the players were wrong big boy? sheesh, I mean, "lol I love the yard"

You're right everyone in attendance instantly knew Durant tore his Achilles and took a moment to take themselves out of the excitement of possibly winning a championship being easier with an MVP out of the way, to say to themselves, this guy just tore a ligament in his leg and will be out of the game he loves for close to a year and maybe never be the same, I'm going to applaud and wave at him.

This can't be the thing you are going to DJT yourself on. This is an incredible triple down. You're wrong. Some fans jeered this is an objective fact, something that can't be disputed. It doesn't matter what you think, some Toronto fans jeered that KD got hurt and waved bye to him. No one is saying every fan did, no one is saying everyone fan knew what happened but there were a significant amount of fans to jeer KD for getting hurt.

Reaction Score
So now that we’ve had a super productive back and forth on an unfortunate contingent of Toronto fans...

What we should be talking about is what happens with KD/GS

Let’s see what the MRI says

Reaction Score
I would think KD will exercise his $31 million option for next year while he rehabs then hit the FA market and get a max contract. Seems like the best financial option he has.

Kobe came back from this injury no reason KD can't if he puts in the work needed to come back like the pre injury KD we all know

Reaction Score
I would think KD will exercise his $31 million option for next year while he rehabs then hit the FA market and get a max contract. Seems like the best financial option he has.
Well we don’t know the extent of the injury... for all we know he doesn’t see real basketball action for a year, so he’s going to take his option and run up the bill while he “rehabs”?

Kobe came back from this injury no reason KD can't if he puts in the work needed to come back like the pre injury KD we all know
Again we can’t predict or compare anything because every injury and recover is different. We don’t even know the severity of the injury yet.

Reaction Score
Hockey fans seem to be more thoughtful of injury, ironically.

Because we’ve all see hockey guys get a puck to the face, spit out their teeth and come back in the nect time their line is out on the ice. So when a hockey guy gets injured everyone thinks “jesus this is life-threatening” and react accordingly.

Wacky but kinda of true.

Reaction Score
Only a sad man would be happy another man who they have never even interacted with in their life got injured.
He's not just any man, he's an athlete, and he just happens to be my least favorite in the NBA. It's not like the guy's injury is life threatening, it's just a basketball injury, I'm not going to "prayer up".

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This can't be the thing you are going to DJT yourself on. This is an incredible triple down. You're wrong. Some fans jeered this is an objective fact, something that can't be disputed. It doesn't matter what you think, some Toronto fans jeered that KD got hurt and waved bye to him. No one is saying every fan did, no one is saying everyone fan knew what happened but there were a significant amount of fans to jeer KD for getting hurt.

There was not a "significant amount". There were a handful. It is on the freaking video. Why do you keep arguing something when there is video evidence that says the opposite?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This place is insane. You can hear the fans booing him, you can see all the fans waving bye to him, you can see Ibaka, Siakim, Green, and Lowry motioning for the crowd to stop.

It's amazing people will gaslight something as trivial as this.

I honestly have no idea what Ibaka, Siakim, Green and Lowry were doing, because the crowd was giving Durant a standing ovation as he was leaving the court. IT IS ON EVERY VIDEO.

But hey, Draymond Green and Boogie Cousins want to take cheap shots at an entire nation, so you should side with those two clowns.

Reaction Score
Cold take: You're a bad person
When I get rejected at the pearly gates because I didn't have the appropriate response to a millionaire's basketball injury I want you to know that you will be the first person I think of.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This is a completely manufactured controversy. Writers are still pushing the story this afternoon and evening, just shoehorning the standing ovation and chants of "KD" into it, but still bashing Toronto fans because they were not able to immediately discern that it was a serious injury.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
There was not a "significant amount". There were a handful. It is on the freaking video. Why do you keep arguing something when there is video evidence that says the opposite?

Ok Nelson you watch one video of one angle you got it. Players we’re reacting to an insignificant amount of people. The video of them motioning to fans didn’t happen. The players talking about it during their press conferences doesn’t matter. You saw the video you’re right

Reaction Score
UConn fans would never
I would never root for someone to get hurt, but I don’t feel that bad. Dude makes like 30 mil per year plus shoe deal etc.. fans shouldn’t have cheered but my guess is they were reacting out of impulse thinking the ship is there’s. Nice to see them supporting him once they realized how wrong they were.

Reaction Score
I would never root for someone to get hurt, but I don’t feel that bad. Dude makes like 30 mil per year plus shoe deal etc.. fans shouldn’t have cheered but my guess is they were reacting out of impulse thinking the ship is there’s. Nice to see them supporting him once they realized how wrong they were.
/thread is complete

Reaction Score

To preface - nothing you are saying is offensive in the least and it is an understandable take. The thing about KD is that he absolutely loves playing basketball. It's not just his job. Spears or someone like that was talking about this exact same thing before the achilles, in relation to how he handled being out for a month. I feel bad whenever anyine cannot pursue their passion. Him and Jamal Crawford are going to be playing pickup games at the Y throughout their 70s. He would trade a lot of money to be able to hoop.

Last edited:

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Ya think Durant should be upset with his and the team's doctors? He had no business playing in that game, and now his time as a superstar is potentially finished.

Dominique was the only player on this list to make a full recovery from an achilles injury. You can make a case for Kobe, kind of. The other players were not even close. Kevin Durant went from being a month away from a 5 year max contract, to complete uncertainty about what his next deal will be and whether he will ever be close to all-star caliber again. He is going to be 32 before he plays his next NBA game.

I would be talking to lawyers if I was KD. He got some bad advice.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom