OT: - Durant, his future, and Raptors fans | The Boneyard

OT: Durant, his future, and Raptors fans

Reaction Score
Just need to get it off my chest that what the Toronto fans did last night when KD got injured was disgusting. How can you cheer when a guy gets one of the worst injuries in the game...just sad. Cuttos to the Raptors players for telling them to shut up. Also gained a lot of respect for KD. All the hate he gets about not being a competitor is crazy. He clearly wasn't 100% but he put his health, and future, on the line for his team during an elimination game. I was never a KD fan, I'm a Celtics fan lol, but I still was disheartened with what I saw last night. In other news...this definitely shakes up the free agency around the league this summer. Gonna be interesting to see how this plays out.

Reaction Score
The raptors fans that cheered when he got injured suck but a lot of fans were legitimately giving him an ovation when he left the court. It seems like after 20 seconds or so, many of them realized they looked like jerks and corrected themselves with some guidance from the Toronto players. I don't know about the Summer but I don't think this will deter any team from offering Durant a max contract.

Reaction Score
Bad look for the fans but I doubt they grasped the significance of the injury. I figured he reinjured his calf.

Slater reported that people inside the Warriors were frustrated with KD and there was pressure on him to return. He would have been destroyed by the media if he sat out. Bad looks all around.

I was amazed by the reaction by fans on r/NBA re: KD never being the same again. He is still getting whatever max he wants. Gay had a seemingly worse injury and responded with his 2 best years. Medicine is progressing and he may never be the same but I will hold off on the obituary.

Reaction Score
Bad look for the fans but I doubt they grasped the significance of the injury. I figured he reinjured his calf.

Slater reported that people inside the Warriors were frustrated with KD and there was pressure on him to return. He would have been destroyed by the media if he sat out. Bad looks all around.

I was amazed by the reaction by fans on r/NBA re: KD never being the same again. He is still getting whatever max he wants. Gay had a seemingly worse injury and responded with his 2 best years. Medicine is progressing and he may never be the same but I will hold off on the obituary.
This injury will only be debilitating if the Knicks sign him.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Just need to get it off my chest that what the Toronto fans did last night when KD got injured was disgusting. How can you cheer when a guy gets one of the worst injuries in the game...just sad. Cuttos to the Raptors players for telling them to shut up. Also gained a lot of respect for KD. All the hate he gets about not being a competitor is crazy. He clearly wasn't 100% but he put his health, and future, on the line for his team during an elimination game. I was never a KD fan, I'm a Celtics fan lol, but I still was disheartened with what I saw last night. In other news...this definitely shakes up the free agency around the league this summer. Gonna be interesting to see how this plays out.

The drama queens need to settle down about the Toronto fans. No one was looking at Durant when he went down, and the fans didn't start cheering until Durant got up, which is the right thing to do. This whole "fans cheering" issue is just media stirring.

Pretty classy to me. The only people who owe Durant an apology are those involved with the Warriors' organization who let him play with a bad wheel. That goes for the players too. I have had it with Draymond Green in particular. He is the last guy that should lecture anyone on class.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
It seems like after 20 seconds or so, many of them realized they looked like jerks and corrected themselves with some guidance from the Toronto players.
The only reason they stopped cheering was b/c of Lowry and the rest of the Toronto players.

Look at Jurassic Park. No players to shush them there, so the cheering only gets louder:

Reaction Score
Re the fans' reaction, that was really bad. There are some that definitely cheered for him being hurt. They started immediately and it wasn't a cheer for the turnover/layup. I'm guessing, however, that there was a core group that knew they were cheering for KD getting hurt and the rest just joined in because they thought they were supposed to cheer for something.

It's also a bad look for GSW for letting/nudging him to play. This injury always seemed odd. It looked like an achilles injury when it happened a few weeks ago. It certainly seemed like a serious injury, regardless. This reminds me a bit of the Redskins with RGIII when his knee just seemed ready to go... and then it did.

Re free agency, I assume teams will still look to sign KD, but it is interesting. Achilles seems like a 1.5 year injury. A year to heal, and then another half year or so to get explosiveness and confidence back. That means that whomever signs KD probably won't get the real KD until the '21/'22 season, at which time he's also a couple years older. But there are other interesting factors that I don't have knowledge of. Unlike a guy on contract getting hurt, I assume insurance wouldn't be available for the team paying KD? Is there a salary cap hit if you sign a guy knowing he can't play vs. a guy getting injured that's already on your roster? If these two items are factors, it would seem to favor KD at least taking his GSW option.

Reaction Score
The drama queens need to settle down about the Toronto fans. No one was looking at Durant when he went down, and the fans didn't start cheering until Durant got up, which is the right thing to do. This whole "fans cheering" issue is just media stirring.

Pretty classy to me. The only people who owe Durant an apology are those involved with the Warriors' organization who let him play with a bad wheel. That goes for the players too. I have had it with Draymond Green in particular. He is the last guy that should lecture anyone on class.

Fans were clearly cheering the injury.
Lowry, Ibaka and others were telling them to stop.

Yep, it's clearly Draymond Green's fault Durant played.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
The announcers kept talking about it being the same calf he'd injured previously, but as soon as I saw him reach for the back of his ankle and "flick" the Achilles while he was sitting on the court, I thought it was obvious that it was the tendon, not the calf.
I'm almost willing to give the Toronto fans the benefit of the doubt, that they were caught up in the moment and a player who'd been killing it early was about to leave the game. Almost. But not quite.
Kudos to the Toronto players though, for staring down their own fans for the bad behavior. I think all of them play the game with the knowledge that you're always one wrong landing from a potential career ending injury, and there was way more at stake than this game.

Reaction Score

There is also a video of Raptors fans chanting F KD in Jurassic Park when he went down. I do think whatever Warrior players were reported to be pissed at KD are scalitoes too. KD was going to be destroyed if he never came back, which is disgusting in retrospect.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
UConn fans would never

I can't tell if you're being facetious or not? I can guarantee you if some Cuse player went down with an injury there would be more than a handful of idiot UConn fans cheering.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

You have no idea what all the fans were cheering about.

Reaction Score

Not a good take.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The only reason they stopped cheering was b/c of Lowry and the rest of the Toronto players.

Look at Jurassic Park. No players to shush them there, so the cheering only gets louder:

Who knows what these fans were looking at? My video is better than your video anyway. Polite, standing applause as Durant was carried off the court.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Another video of entire arena chanting "KD" as Durant leaves. But Superjohn knows they didn't mean it.

Piece of advice for everyone that jumps on some sports story that seems a little fishy: Think first. Petulant, entitled athletes, and trouble making sports talk radio personalities are not the best sources of accurate information.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Fans will be fans - I don't condone it but if it happened in Philly the cheering would have blown the roof off
There was no reason whatsoever for Durant to be out there. You could see from the start of play how tentative he was/is. But when they pay you that kind of money, the expectations are that much bigger.
Shoot him up with pain killer and send them out. He has the whole summer to rehab - that's the mentality management has - shame on Steve Kerr - Mr. Righteousness himself. I normally would back the Warriors vs anyone than the Celtics but this team has turned very weird in the past 1-2 years
Draymond Green is a stallion - I really appreciate his game and have since his MSU days

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This is incredible gaslighting from Nelson.

Other than the fact that I provided two videos that support my position 100%, and even the most damning video of the Toronto fans, from the angle showing the section under the Toronto basket, has about 15 Raptors fans in a section of 1,000 waving at Durant, sure, I am gaslighting.

Reaction Score
Other than the fact that I provided two videos that support my position 100%, and even the most damning video of the Toronto fans, from the angle showing the section under the Toronto basket, has about 15 Raptors fans in a section of 1,000 waving at Durant, sure, I am gaslighting.
Can't believe I'm even dignifying your gaslighting but as has been said over and over the initial reaction was cheering the injury before Lowry, Ibaka, Siakim, and other Raptors players scolded the crowd.

I doubt you watched the game but I know you know what happened and are doing your gaslighting act.
Watch "Raptors fans cheer after Kevin Durant goes down | 2019 NBA Finals | Golic and Wingo" on YouTube

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom